The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SP Divuri needs to be looked at

proevilz

Often times when going into SP divuri circuit, you're given frames and weapons that literally cannot kill the enemies

When this happens, you are a liability to the team. You cannot help.

Why would DE do this?

The frame and weapon selection, and/or mod selection needs to be re-worked. 

Edited by proevilz
  • Like 3

• proevilz changed the title to SP Divuri needs to be looked at

But they are viable. If you can build for them.

😵

"Oh no, whatever am I going to do without my revenant prime and Torid incarnon!"

Decrees do most of the heavy lifting in the Duviri Steel Path Circuit.

Grendel parts acquisition missions are worse by design, making sure no one gets access to any mods, yet you can still clear them as a team.

Default configs aren't even that bad, every weapon basically goes for base damage and multishot, which is a good thing, since, again, Decrees add up so much power on top anyway.

If you're going to have the single most broken reward in the entire game be locked behind challenging content, is that so bad then?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

But they are viable. If you can build for them.

And what if you don't have the frame, so you can't build for them?
And what if you don't have the weapon, so you can't build for them?

Sure, it's fine if you have them, and you can build them. (Well, unless they're flat out just not powerful enough of cause) You're essentially screwed otherwise? So whats the point?

12 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

"Oh no, whatever am I going to do without my revenant prime and Torid incarnon!"

Rev is ok, I can survive with it. Don't have the Torid though.

Bare in mind, decrees add up over time, and you have to collect them. It's no good saying that they'll do the heavy lifting, if you cannot kill/survive the first round to even begin collecting them. 

Take a build like this for the Fulmin Prime example. Decent weapon, and not the worst build in the world... image.png

A full mag on the enemies head barely scratches them. It's just not doable unless you have some really good buffs and decrees. But this is a chicken and egg scenario, as you can't get them unless you can complete the rounds. 

Edited by proevilz
  • Like 1

il y a 35 minutes, proevilz a dit :

Often times when going into SP divuri circuit, you're given frames and weapons that literally cannot kill the enemies.

I've never had any issue playing with auto-build on any weapon. You just have to use the right decrees and actually know how things work. Making the right series of choice is key. Builds don't matter at all.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, proevilz said:

Aside from decrees, that's why you get multiple choices. But if you're playing on Steel Path, why don't you have a wide enough selection of weapons in your arsenal modded and ready to go so that you'll have something among the choices that you can make work? If you can't do that, then you're not ready for SP circuit or extremely unlucky and can just wait for the next cycle or choose something to support a squad instead of being worried about having the highest kill totals or damage.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, proevilz said:

My friend, the game has modding for the weapons for basic functions, auto-modding on Duviri that's particularly strong.

Steel Path can be tackled quite easily with these basic mods. Players that tell you that you have to min-max are over-estimating the difficulty, especially in a team of four.

And whoever gave you that Fulmin Prime build needs a slap... you're getting massive potential damage loss by loading all that Radiation instead of using more types of Status. You're getting Radiation from Radiated Reload, that's all you need. Swap the Thermite Rounds and High Voltage out for Rime Rounds and Malignant Force to get Viral. Change Hellfire out for Critical Delay to get that Crit Chance up to 90% and leave the base Electric damage on the weapon. Just tested to see if the build would work with your Polarity layout and it wouldn't need any differences, and it works far better.

This gives you Impact, Electric, Viral, Radiation and Slash as Status types to scale up your Galvanised Aptitude from, where before you only had Impact, Slash and Radiation, it would now allow you to do a potential 400% damage compared to maximum 240% that you had before.

Once ramped from the Galvanised mods and the Arcane, you'll two-shot level 200 Steel Path Lancers without the buffs from Decrees, three for Gunners and enemies with Overguard, and you can get the ball rolling with the fodder enemies that charge you. It'll perform even better in a group because of the large punch-through projectile, the cross-proc radial damage from the Electric Status, and the Viral will kick the bleeds from Internal Bleeding into gear faster.

Compared to what you have on there, it probably would have been better to go with the auto-mod.

Same with the Warfames. Steel Path is not any more difficult than regular, just has more Spawns. If you have a team with you, then there's less aggro on you as an individual player, and you can use mobility to pick up your first Decree and get the ball rolling before the end of the round. Keep mobile because most enemies can't hit you in the air, and aim glide is your friend. You cannot be one-shot with your shield active, so pay attention to it, and you will be amazed at how well you can survive Steel Path. Especially if you grab any Warframe with a DR or CC ability on it.

You'll get the hang of it eventually.

As long as somebody doesn't keep feeding you terrible weapon builds...

• Like 3

IMO the difficulty is fine, but the randomizer needs tweaking. Maybe flip it a bit, instead of 5 random frames the player gets to choose from, how about the player chooses 5 frames and is randomly given one of them?

vor einer Stunde schrieb proevilz:

Often times when going into SP divuri circuit, you're given frames and weapons that literally cannot kill the enemies

When this happens, you are a liability to the team. You cannot help.

Why would DE do this?

The frame and weapon selection, and/or mod selection needs to be re-worked. 

that's just my theory.
mechanics were designed for NORMAL duviri exp. and it was about offering weapons and warframes that the player doesn't have or hardly plays. so that he tries it out.
in reality, however, I'm ALMOST ALWAYS offered some kind of rubbish. and I have all the weapons and more than 60% are hardcore pimped and tested in simulation.
the whole thing is getting absurd. I've been seeing dual cestra for weeks. so I've got 5x forma in there.
and then the joke: I now only see secura dual cestra several times a day. so here too 4x forma in there.
and now the joke for April 1st: in almost every 2nd reset every 2 hours there's almost always normal single cestra in there............................ 🤡

Edited by Venus-Venera

il y a 13 minutes, Venus-Venera a dit :

in reality, however, I'm ALMOST ALWAYS offered some kind of rubbish

Because Circuit always favorite weapon you don't own. That's the way it always worked, people know that.

Steel Path Duviri is mostly for people who already have most frames and weapons. You aren't meant to thrive if you do not possess the equipment in the first place, loaner builds are a free ticket so you do a few rounds, even if that means not doing much for the team, which yes doesn't feel the best, but it is what it is.
It's like trying to do EDAs with the given options when you don't even have builds for the weapons or frames...

hace 15 minutos, proevilz dijo:

Rev is ok, I can survive with it.

He's quite literally immortal, 'surviving' with him is an understatement.

hace 18 minutos, proevilz dijo:

Take a build like this for the Fulmin Prime example. Decent weapon, and not the worst build in the world... image.png

A full mag on the enemies head barely scratches them. It's just not doable unless you have some really good buffs and decrees. But this is a chicken and egg scenario, as you can't get them unless you can complete the rounds. 

Please, tell me you're not serious with that Fulmin build.

Why would you run, out of all the possible elements available, radiation.
You use Internal Bleeding, which is good since the Fulmin force procs impacts within the 12m range, but why would you go so heavy onto radiation which has no benefit against any faction in the game but one. And even against said faction it still sucks.

Where's your critical chance?
Where's your critical multiplier?
Why are you using merciless instead of deadhead on a weapon that is meant to kill with the sheer damage it outputs?
Why are you using an ammo conversion mod if you won't have your sentinel on Duviri so as to even benefit from having the rest of vigilante mods equipped on whatever primary weapon you've slotted on them? Besides, you know the fact that this is a battery weapon.

With a builds like this no wonder you struggle to tickle enemies!
Who is the criminal who has given you this build advice? I'll have a word with them.

il y a 2 minutes, (PSN)Pablogamer585 a dit :

but why would you go so heavy onto radiation
Who is the criminal who has given you this build advice? I'll have a word with them.

Also Galvanized Aptitude cannot even scale.
That's Overframe for you.

Auto-mod is definitely working really well when you see that.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb dwqrf:

Because Circuit always favorite weapon you don't own. That's the way it always worked, people know that.

I've already spoken about this in several topics. And also above about "normal duviri exp".

but when it comes to SP circuit - I don't want to leech and support people with my performance. As mentioned above, I've invested a lot. WTF is this all? The whole thing is an absolute failure.

hace 2 minutos, dwqrf dijo:

Also Galvanized Aptitude cannot even scale.

On the contrary, it is the second saveable point of this player's build alongside Internal Bleeding since it applies multiplicatively, and with 80% status chance + 75% chance to proc a bleed + 100% chance to force impact, that is already a 240% final damage multiplier, which is not as much as it could be outside of The Circuit with a priming companion but stills a fair punch, besides one normally runs the Fulmin with just 1 additional element to electric and impact, mine's with either blast or gas.

il y a 4 minutes, (PSN)Pablogamer585 a dit :

On the contrary, it is the second saveable point of this player's build alongside Internal Bleeding since it applies multiplicatively, and with 80% status chance + 75% chance to proc a bleed + 100% chance to force impact, that is already a 240% final damage multiplier, which is not as much as it could be outside of The Circuit with a priming companion but stills a fair punch, besides one normally runs the Fulmin with just 1 additional element to electric and impact, mine's with either blast or gas.

Yeah, but you could run it with Rad+Combined Element+Base Element in this build without any problem, instead of focusing solely on Rad.

56 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Steel Path Duviri is mostly for people who already have most frames and weapons. You aren't meant to thrive if you do not possess the equipment in the first place, loaner builds are a free ticket so you do a few rounds, even if that means not doing much for the team, which yes doesn't feel the best, but it is what it is.
It's like trying to do EDAs with the given options when you don't even have builds for the weapons or frames...

He's quite literally immortal, 'surviving' with him is an understatement.

You use Internal Bleeding, which is good since the Fulmin force procs impacts within the 12m range, but why would you go so heavy onto radiation which has no benefit against any faction in the game but one. And even against said faction it still sucks.

Where's your critical chance?
Where's your critical multiplier?
Why are you using merciless instead of deadhead on a weapon that is meant to kill with the sheer damage it outputs?
Why are you using an ammo conversion mod if you won't have your sentinel on Duviri so as to even benefit from having the rest of vigilante mods equipped on whatever primary weapon you've slotted on them? Besides, you know the fact that this is a battery weapon.

With a builds like this no wonder you struggle to tickle enemies!

r.e. Rev, it's still possible to die if you run out of energy because you can't kill the enemy to get energy!
r.e. build, I think I was doing some corpus stuff when I built it for radiation, but it's not a weapon use much anymore. Ammo conversion mod because I needed forma and figured the extra 5% crit can't hurt. Merciless because I'm not always aiming at their heads, and I don't have rank 5 deadhead. 

It's as I said, it's not the worst build in the world, it still packs a punch, plus I have two other configs. But it's kinda besides the point, because there are even weaker weapons than this in the offerings sometimes. 

16 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

My friend, with OP's same polarity layout, he could swap out the two 60/60 Heat and Electric mods to replace with Viral, then take out the 90% Heat mod to add Critical Delay for 90% Crit Chance and un-constrain the weapon's base Electric damage.

With the status chance he has, and Internal Bleeding, OP would have access to 400% final damage multiplier instead of 240%. That's what the other player was saying when they commented 'Also Galvanised Aptitude cannot even scale' with the build.

When running Gundition Overload, you want Status Types, not Status Stacks, so OP was literally shooting their build in the foot by only having three instead of five potential Status types.

That's not even counting the Viral stacks as their additional multiplier of up to 3.5x damage on enemy Health, or that with 90% Crit chance they would also be unlocking that 3.5x Crit Damage multiplier on the majority of hits.

That build was so incredibly self-limiting... it's a real shame.

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out but you can actually see what frames and weapons you will get when you jump into Teshin's cave from the orbiters navigation menu.

I pretty much ONLY attempt steel path duviri or steel path circuit when I get good rolls. Problem solved. I suggest anyone struggling with steel path duviri use this method. If you have bad rolls just do something else and wait for the rolls to reset. OR you can hop into normal mode, OR you can do one round of circuit by yourself and the rolls will reset. Again, problem solved. If you really don't have anything viable you just need to play the game more. This is more of an end-game content kind of thing where it pays to have the majority of weapons and frames unlocked and usable.

That said, i do wish you would get weapons and frames you actually use more often. Its one thing to have the opportunity to try items you don't use but its another to rarely see a weapon you just min-maxed. Feels bad. Its not enough of a problem to really complain about though because of what I said above. And I do regularly get frames like Saryn, Jade or Mesa that I know can handle the content without good weapons.

The main gripe I have right now with Duviri is that if you do an undercroft Defense and the objective gets blown up, you fail the entire run. For that reason, if i want to do steel path duviri experience I ALWAYS make sure I have a frame capable of soloing the steel path defense. There are some good helminth CC abilities you can band aid other frames with, but still I just think something could be done here as a pity system. Either you fail that particular undercroft and you get booted out and have to try again or something like that.

hace 15 horas, proevilz dijo:

It's as I said, it's not the worst build in the world, it still packs a punch, plus I have two other configs.
But it's kinda besides the point, because there are even weaker weapons than this in the offerings sometimes. 

Holup pause wait.

• Build isn't the worst in the world, okay to that I do agree, for I had a friend of mine who unironically ran ammo drum on a Nataruk among other crimes you would only expect out of a YT clickbait thumbnail or parody.
  • An entire mag to enemy heads don't kill them, that is worrying.
  • 'It still packs a punch'.

So, it's not the worst build in the world, packs a punch, but an entire mag doesn't kill an enemy?
And yeah, the Vigilante Mod set wouldn't hurt your build, but "you needed forma"?
How does slotting an exilus mod with the wrong polarity correlate to you needing more forma? And once more, since you are not running a critical chance mod, Vigilante Supplies has a 5% chance to proc out of 30% of projectiles, which basically means it has a 1'5% chance to enhance one of your critical hits, not really worth that mod slot, mind you.
As for Merciless vs Deadhead, Deadhead is simply superior, but I understand preferring something else instead, for me it's force of habit.

But, you say "even weaker" than a Fulmin Prime which is a well known weapon for its potency. Do you considering the Fulmin Prime weak?
Perhaps you need to revise how you mod weapons, given this Corpus experiment of yours was running radiation + slash.

hace 53 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

My friend [...] that build was so incredibly self-limiting... it's a real shame.

All three of us are aware of the wrongs with this build from a mere overview of it Berd, stills, to me viral is normally better offloaded to a form of primer, unless, OP were to focus exclusively on a slash Fulmin. Were that the case, they could use Primed Cryo Rounds which they own, so as to have the highest possible damage per shot, further boosting slash ticks, even if the viral bias would end up being far higher than that of electric's, making this not proc often and therefore contribute less to the GO, but in this case I'd argue that proc amount is more important than number of distinct procs, as diluting viral by adding radiation onto the mix can lead to diminishing returns for some weapons.

Though that's threading the needle for performance maximisation.

20 hours ago, proevilz said:

Sure, it's fine if you have them, and you can build them. (Well, unless they're flat out just not powerful enough of cause) You're essentially screwed otherwise? So whats the point?

Rev is ok, I can survive with it. Don't have the Torid though.

Bare in mind, decrees add up over time, and you have to collect them. It's no good saying that they'll do the heavy lifting, if you cannot kill/survive the first round to even begin collecting them. 

I agree with your points about gear selection, but that's not a good build at all.  My Fulmin works fine in SP, decrees or not.

Oh, hey, an actual discussion point ^^

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

All three of us are aware of the wrongs with this build from a mere overview of it Berd, stills, to me viral is normally better offloaded to a form of primer

It is. Unless we're in the specific situation where you can't reliably get hold of a Primer. Like Duviri, where the secondaries and primaries are randomised, and there are no companions. In which case, using a CO setup definitely relies on those weapons having enough C to O.

Also, in a situation where using Corrosive or Magnetic as alternative elements to build up the Galvanised Aptitude would actually mean one less element to use because they would combine with the innate Electric damage on the Fulmin Prime.

So while your point is good, that Viral works better on a primer or companion to out-source it, places like Duviri, and specific weapons like the Fulmin, do merit being exceptions ^^

Threading the needle for performance is fun, it's what build-craft is for. But when it comes down to it, I did my time as an endurance level-cap runner, I'm way more chill now and I want my weapons to just... be themselves, and only rely on things like Primers or even Companions when I really get interested in a specific interaction.

See?

21 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

My friend, the game has modding for the weapons for basic functions, auto-modding on Duviri that's particularly strong.

This has got to be sarcastic. I haven't played Duviri in a long while, but I distinctly remember posting screenshots of builds that had both combo and heavy attack mods mixed, also weapons with 2 different +puncture damage mods (which never ever under any circumstance should be a mod, either of them, on any weapon you use for damage), also I've never ever seen a primed or galvanized mod on any auto config.

A weapon with 2-3 literally completely dead mods isn't "particularly strong", no matter how you slice it. If you take primed and galvanized into account, auto configs deal *maybe* 20% of the damage of a properly modded weapon.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they didn't have arcanes either. You know, the thing DE added when people kept complaining that guns aren't strong enough for Steel Path?

No arcane, no primed mod, no galvanized, 2 dead mods, probably useless elements. Nope, your opinion is entirely discarded.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

This has got to be sarcastic. I haven't played Duviri in a long while, but I distinctly remember posting screenshots of builds

Yeah, they patched it to be much more cohesive about Christmas.

You're not wrong that the auto-config is not nearly as strong as the actual modding can be, but it's strong enough to deal with the Circuit.

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

This thread is about the circuit, in case you didn't read the op. You don't get companions in the circuit. Yep, your opinion on this topic is not worth the data it takes up on the forum (and that's not much!).

You failed to read the rest of the comment, didn't you Traum, old buddy? Or the rest of that sentence?

This was the first paragraph:

18 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Unless we're in the specific situation where you can't reliably get hold of a Primer. Like Duviri, where the secondaries and primaries are randomised, and there are no companions. In which case, using a CO setup definitely relies on those weapons having enough C to O.

And then I finished the sentence that you quoted like this:

19 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

places like Duviri, and specific weapons like the Fulmin, do merit being exceptions ^^

If you're going to try and cherry pick my words to try and pretend I said something I didn't, then you're going to have to try a little harder there, chum.

But good to see you again ^^

Maybe next time you'll read a little more before you try to react?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yes I did! I actually already deleted that though.

Love you too, Traum ^^

Oh, quick edit, I just checked the Automod on Steel Path Circuit, and it's not terrible. It's not amazing, but it does actually play to the strengths of the weapon. Saw an Akarius Prime build with a non-Galvanised, but Blast Status-based build that would perform pretty damn good with a few Decrees to add other elements to it.

A Vigilante-Crit build for the Soma Prime Incarnon, that'll go fantastic with the same caveat that a few Decrees would make it sing, as well as the additional damage from the Incarnon mode.

So they don't exploit a lot of what we'd really mod for, but they do use basic mods way better than they used to.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1