The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I be worried about The New War

sistahood

Question

so im pretty new to warframe, and i just got the ability to start the quest The New War. before i heard some good and some meh things about it, mostly that after it is "when the real game starts". but i like to do some small googling before starting some quests and after a quick run through of a forum or two im getting worried about doing it (especially since i read that there was some hard stealth sections which im usually bad at). ill probably do it soon anyways, but i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on any of the troubling sections within the quest? really anything that i can look back and read that'll make things much smoother

5 answers to this question

1. Go to the dojo and put the better Hulls and Armaments on the Railjack. Not needed, but its a big hassle otherwise.

2. Pay attention to what is said, it makes things easier.

3. Do not facetank. DODGE.

4. Always remember to check your Amps.

5. Be patient, take your time in the stealth sections, its very basic. Enemies are always doing Move from A to B or Look to A then B.

6. Put your hand inside Ballas' crevice where his balls once were and RIP HIS HEART OUT FROM THERE! Actually just kill him, he has no heart to begin with.

7. VOULL NE XATA VOK, MARA LOHK?

edit: fixed a thing

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sistahood said:

so im pretty new to warframe, and i just got the ability to start the quest The New War. before i heard some good and some meh things about it, mostly that after it is "when the real game starts". but i like to do some small googling before starting some quests and after a quick run through of a forum or two im getting worried about doing it (especially since i read that there was some hard stealth sections which im usually bad at). ill probably do it soon anyways, but i was just wondering if anyone has any tips on any of the troubling sections within the quest? really anything that i can look back and read that'll make things much smoother

Googling Warframe Quest reactions these days is nearly as bad as someone Googling their own symptoms and trying to self diagnose something.

The "Hard Stealth" isn't hard at all. If anything it's very very basic. You have to remember that Warframe attracts all kinds of players, including button mashers and folks who were never taught patience. And then there's the players who have spent so much time watching "gamer rage" videos on YouTube that they actually think that's a normal reaction to something as trivial as failing something once or twice in a video-game.

Go and play New War whenever you want and make up your own mind once its finished. The opinions of others shouldn't determine whether you actually do something or not, or even if you enjoy something or not. The best way to think about it is that you really don't have any idea about what my or anyone else's tastes in gaming are like, so it's never been a 1:1 comparison. Unless you're 100% sure that you and "Person X" have the exact same taste in games and gaming mechanics, their opinion about it shouldn't really matter until after you've played it and have your own opinion too.

Stealth sections are only a hangup because the visual indicators for what enemies can see are not entirely accurate, however once you learn their movement patterns, you can just envision yourself in a box and it'll work out fine. Make sure you install a few mods on your railjack, as there are 2 sections that use it and you will have a hard time if it's unmodded. There's also a necramech section, but it's trivial. That's really all you can do to prepare for this quest.

If you learn one thing from this thread, make it this: Once you start The New War, you cannot play any other Warframe content until you beat all of The New War.

From reading the experiences that others have shared, the biggest barrier to completing The New War is the combat.  If you would describe yourself as "skilled" at action games in general, then odds are that you don't have anything to worry about.

But if you're not confident in labeling yourself at such, know that you're going to find yourself in situations where you need to fight without protective Warframe abilities using a bow-and-arrow.  You'll fight bosses where you need to know when to dodge attacks, and when to take charged shots with your bow.  If you don't already have these skills, it can feel like you hit a wall when you're suddenly expected to use them, so be warned!

Personally, I don't think the stealth sections are going to be a deal-breaker.  They can be frustrating, especially since they make you start over when you're caught, but I imagine that even if you find that you just can't beat these sections after a bunch of tries, at that point you can just look up a YouTube video of another player playing these sections, and by copying what they do you should be able to complete these sections as well.

The same goes for just about any other section: if you have a sufficient amount of trouble, there are plenty of players who have uploaded their playthroughs to YouTube for you to reference if you truly get stuck.

What can you do to give yourself a leg up before starting The New War?

• Take an unmodded Banshee and a bow — with mods, but not using any fire rate mods —  into a mission you find decently challenging and fight enemies without using any powers or other weapons besides your bow.  Become more comfortable with this play style.

• Make sure you aren't using the starting Amp; I've heard of players having A LOT of trouble beating parts of The New War with the starting Amp.  Building any other Amp will be stronger and thus should help you avoid that pitfall.

• Upgrade the defenses of your Railjack.  Not a deal-breaker, but this will make things easier.

• You don't have to worry about your Necramech or Warframe.

I hope this helps to give you a heads up of what to expect, and helps you feel confident that by starting The New War you won't accidentally be locking yourself out of the rest of the game.  Good luck!

When the archons come up, just play them in order left to right.

When playing the Corpus section, remember that you can command all of your helpers to do things as needed.

Already said, but pay attention. Both to what is said to you (don't play other music and maybe have subtitles on) and to things in the arena during fights.

As nice as it is to rescue the Cetus people in that section, don't worry about finding them if you're only just managing to get through the area.