The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New augment mod "Burning Hate" is terrible.

20 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Because not everybody is a meta slave.

If you are holding the Hate, yes you are. And you cannot use Burning Hate without Hate. Putting random mods on the Hate is not a virtue, no matter how much you'd like it to be so. And even if you did put random mods on the Hate, chances are you'd still oneshot anything at base Steel Path.

il y a 45 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

If you are holding the Hate, yes you are. And you cannot use Burning Hate without Hate. Putting random mods on the Hate is not a virtue, no matter how much you'd like it to be so. And even if you did put random mods on the Hate, chances are you'd still oneshot anything at base Steel Path.

1661846808122?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=I05Y

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Karyst said:

Such as hp% jat kittag

Yeah, like I'm not against new options, even more niche ones but Burning Hate looks to have very narrow use case. Priming with an AOE secondary is fine but melee priming with a scythe sounds like ass, let alone double priming with secondary and melee so that you can DPS with a primary or ability.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vixenpixel said:

Somebody probably already mentioned this but hate incarnon does heat dmg on the thrown scythes so you don't need to mod heat. 

That's not quite right. If you use a heavy attack build, you might not be slotting Weeping Wounds. So low chance to get a Heat proc.

If you use Melee Influence, you're not proccing Heat with the Hate either. And Melee Influence is really good.

5 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That's not quite right.

It was a 100% factually correct statement. 

If you use a heavy attack build, you might not be slotting Weeping Wounds. So low chance to get a Heat proc.

If you use Melee Influence, you're not proccing Heat with the Hate either. And Melee Influence is really good.

Obviously if you selectively mod the heat away, that's your own problem to deal with. Melee influence is really good? That has the same relevance as me saying "Dual ichor is really good."

If you are activating that augment mod by incarnon mode heat throwing scythes then you would put weeping wounds on, something you can easily do. You can reliably do heat procs and slash procs with a simple build like that. Obv for melee influence, use something else like dual ichor since it's entirely broken op.

On a heavy attack build specifically? What are you using, crescendo? If you aren't building combo, then weeping wounds would waste a modslot. It's a subpar build. With tennokai you can make it a heavy attack hybrid build, which in terms of dps would be superior and would make good use of weeping wounds. Are you saying that you want to mod electricity on it for melee influence in spite of dual ichor being superior to the hate? Why? Do you put melee influence on all your melee weapons? It can still be done but you would need heat on your riven to make something like blast or gas I assume. But since you aren't using the augment in favor of just another melee influence build, you can safely fit everything.

We're clearly not even discussing the augment right now, but I can see the augment being quite interesting to play around with as it seems to boost damage procced by other weapons. This has interesting implications though I don't know how useful it's going to be in terms of 'time spent activating'. 

Edited by vixenpixel
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, vixenpixel said:

We're clearly not even discussing the augment right now, but I can see the augment being quite interesting to play around with as it seems to boost damage procced by other weapons. This has interesting implications though I don't know how useful it's going to be in terms of 'time spent activating'. 

Just because I don't want to contaminate my previous post, I will just move ahead to discuss the augment itself. Honestly have no clue if this is going to be good or just not worth it... Assuming it will work like that, will it be worth boosting damage done with other weapon/abilities? Maybe Citrine?

It's a bit disappointing that it's not at least for all scythes. On the topic of citrine, her weapon is the corufell which fires a heat explosive on heavy attack. That would be so awesome with this augment.

Another good one would be Harmony. I could even see it working on Anku with it's guaranteed slash procs. But it's Hate only. :(

Edited by vixenpixel
  • Like 2

Well I don't have anything else to add. I guess we'll just have to watch whether or not modding your Hate so it doesn't kill anything (a -100% damage riven might be needed!) so you can then *also* shoot every single enemy to enjoy your 120% status damage buff will become the meta or not!

A shame that there is no possible way to tell since we can't use the mod yet, it's not like Humans could possibly predict the impact of such a complicated thing as "enemy takes 120% more damage from status effects".

I'm sure we'll all be so shocked when the mod becomes available and nobody cares much for it. When modding your Hate to proc Heat *doesn't* become the meta. When people aren't paying good plat to buy that augment mod.

We will not have been able to forsee it in the slightest!

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Well I don't have anything else to add. I guess we'll just have to watch whether or not modding your Hate so it doesn't kill anything (a -100% damage riven might be needed!) so you can then *also* shoot every single enemy to enjoy your 120% status damage buff will become the meta or not!

A shame that there is no possible way to tell since we can't use the mod yet, it's not like Humans could possibly predict the impact of such a complicated thing as "enemy takes 120% more damage from status effects".

I'm sure we'll all be so shocked when the mod becomes available and nobody cares much for it. When modding your Hate to proc Heat *doesn't* become the meta. When people aren't paying good plat to buy that augment mod.

We will not have been able to forsee it in the slightest!

I usually enjoy sarcasm implied. Less cringe, you know?

• Like 2

Even if you dont insta kill everything with Hate, it's still going to be the highest source status damage output in your loadout. What other frame or gun can put higher damaging status procs on a single target?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zaghyr said:

And most likely has armor stripped and primed as well.

Yes indeed. So what? Mod effects, armor strip, and using a primer are not buffs. Buffs are abilities that apply a, well, buff to you. Like Roar.

19 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Yes indeed. So what? Mod effects, armor strip, and using a primer are not buffs. Buffs are abilities that apply a, well, buff to you. Like Roar.

You have buffs in your picture clearly visible, hello?