The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predictions for companion rework part 2

Waeleto

My main wish is that some or all of the hound weapons will get improved crit chance, or a way for us to increase the crit chance further for hound companions. It's practically one of the main reasons I dont run them currently, the low crit that makes it impossible to slot tenacious bond.

Or... just allow them to equip sentinel weapons. Laser mouth mecha dog! Pew, pew, pew, woof!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

My main wish is that some or all of the hound weapons will get improved crit chance, or a way for us to increase the crit chance further for hound companions. It's practically one of the main reasons I dont run them currently, the low crit that makes it impossible to slot tenacious bond.

Or... just allow them to equip sentinel weapons. Laser mouth mecha dog! Pew, pew, pew, woof!

I mean hounds are very strong atm so having weak weapon balances it out, I'd rather they remain as a mini nuke than being nerfed in favor of their weapons being buffed

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Waeleto said:

I mean hounds are very strong atm so having weak weapon balances it out, I'd rather they remain as a mini nuke than being nerfed in favor of their weapons being buffed

The main issue is that their nuking doesnt come close to sentinels. Access to sentinel weapons and certain bonds just makes the sentinels wreck havoc at insane rate. In addition to that you have access to pretty much every useful utility mod for the frame. Even moas fall behind the sentinels due to their random nature, where you at time end up with them engaging something you arent interested in killing, as opposed to the sentinel that always hangs with you. Atleast moas have good uptime on Duplex Bond energy drops, since the roaming specters perform as well as the roaming sentinel specters since they also have access to the weapons.

So even if they weapons get a lsight buff to help utilize more mods, it wouldnt bring them to any real improved level for killing.

22 hours ago, dwqrf said:

I mean, not every pets should be supposed to slot Tenacious Bond. BIS is not something Warframe should have, really.

Which would be OK if it wasnt for the fact that there are so many terrible filler options. There really isnt anything to take the place of Tenacious Bond, you end up slotting something since there is a free slot. Mostly something utterly pointless that gives you no real benefit. And due to the nature of how some mods combine with the precepts of hounds you end up not wanting to slot those mods, since they may screw up your bonds.

Like Momentous Bond, which is ape-S#&$ crazy on sentinels and moas since they can deal high damage constantly. But on a hound it can be terrible, since you might have a doggy you want for viral spreading, so you pick up the disarm precept. But then if you slap on Momentous Bond you might accidentally end up with forced radiation in places you dont want, slowing down the flow etc. since mobs are busy having a pillow fight. Which means you also lose out on increased damage from the pet with other precepts and melee.

Plus  hounds (and sentinels) dont have access to fired up. So there are even more filler slots on them compared to sentinels. So right now we have sentinels that bring crazy damage, access to useful buffs and absurd utility through a constant flow of energy orbs (and health orbs if that is your fancy), plus they are always at your side, so there when you need what they provide. There is really no place they arent useful in and they shine in survival and disruption due to their killing potential. 3 roaming little terrorists in disruption just floating about killing things and providing keys as you and the main sentinel hunt demos, and in survival they can wipe whole rooms on their own deep into SP. Atleast the specters are somewhat balanced by not benefitting from Contagious Bond.

• Like 1

i hope the pets missing multiple times when attacking an enemy gets fixed, as ive watched my poor kubrow desperatly try to kill one enemy but miss over and over only then take to much damage and go down, hopfully pets will be more viable at higher levels

• Like 2

On 2024-09-12 at 10:55 PM, Waeleto said:

Buffs: Helios - Carrier - Sahasa - Shade - Moas - Taxon - Raksa - Huras - Predasites - Vasca - All sentinel weapons (with the exception of Verglas, Cryotra and Helstrum)

Stays the same: Vulpaphylas - Verglas - Helstrum - Diriga - Nautilus - Hounds - Adarza - Dethcube - Oxylus - All hound weapons 

Nerf: Smeeta

Rework: Wyrm - Djin - Chesa - Helminth charger - Sunika - Cryotra (it's basically a worse Verglas)

Beast companions will definitely get very big changes (fingers crossed for a moddable beast companion weapon)

But beasts have no weapons.

My predictions for companion update are the following;

• Companions will be allowed to use archwings, k-drives and necramechs. They will have their own versions so depending what you're using it will be different.
  • Companions will be allowed to do Netracells, Elite deep archimedea and archon hunts by themselves to prove how undying they are now.
  • Companions will have their own transference focus schools and warframes.
  • Companions have their own star chart and its called companion chart.
  • Companions will gain access to a companion helminth room allowing them subsume companion abilities.
  • Master teasonai will be renamed for Master Seasonai and will sell spices and companion food.
  • Companions will be allowed to use shawzins and play songs during missions.
  • The unum tower becomes a companion daycare for all the companions you own.
  • Companions will be able to use the flying balloon in cetus to float around and about so we can admire them howling or meowing from the skies.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Yes i'm saying they SHOULD get one

For that to happen, we need beast quest, maybe instead of looking for kubrow egg we will look for kavat egg and at least  6 months of hype-up. Considering the 1999 is coming soon, 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Cephalon_Scarlet said:

My predictions for companion update are the following;

• Companions will be allowed to use archwings, k-drives and necramechs. They will have their own versions so depending what you're using it will be different.
  • Companions will be allowed to do Netracells, Elite deep archimedea and archon hunts by themselves to prove how undying they are now.
  • Companions will have their own transference focus schools and warframes.
  • Companions have their own star chart and its called companion chart.
  • Companions will gain access to a companion helminth room allowing them subsume companion abilities.
  • Master teasonai will be renamed for Master Seasonai and will sell spices and companion food.
  • Companions will be allowed to use shawzins and play songs during missions.
  • The unum tower becomes a companion daycare for all the companions you own.
  • Companions will be able to use the flying balloon in cetus to float around and about so we can admire them howling or meowing from the skies.

You should start a petition for this, I mean you already have one signature

On 2024-09-12 at 4:04 PM, Star700 said:

I just imagine something like those plastic vampire teeth or something the way you put it

There’s already something in game that can serve that purpose. The Collars. The Kubros have that basic & Prime. They need to actually use that system.

On 2024-09-12 at 7:51 PM, KIREEK said:

Hounds could use some skins, a simple void shell skin would do wonders.

I would kill to have a Hound skin that’s styled after the Entrati Lab Dogs. They gave us Moas they can give that to us. Also the Deimos pets need some cosmetic love.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-13 at 5:18 PM, SneakyErvin said:

Moddable attack speed

• Like 1

On 2024-09-13 at 10:18 AM, SneakyErvin said:

The main reason I don't use them is no vig set, otherwise I would use them more.  I can't fit tenacious bond into builds though usually, it's usually one of odd mods out.  Wyrm is great in that you can dump negate and guardian (or you can run manifold and guardian for more defense).  Nautilus is also pretty good, but needs manifold and cordon.  My KPM is much higher in survivals when I combo cordon with coil horizon, even at base range. 

It's worth noting moas don't have to use assault mode, but their abilities kinda suck, along with most companion abilities.  I do agree it is more useful to have verglas on your head, as like an alternate fire mode that happens within your primary at the same time, vs a moa that is just wandering around.

I really love odomedic - it's the only way I heal my frame and is easy to control (all it takes is connecting two objects via parkour in aerial space), but also anti-grav array - jump height is extremely useful - not sure why community sleeps on these.  Then modding for attack, vacuum, shield, clones, health orbs, reinforced bond, contagious bond, revive take up the remaining slots.  I could probably gamble tenacious bond for momentus though I guess and give it overguard, especially in shorter missions.

Back to the hounds, it seems like they have the best abilities, except cordon maybe, so it sort of make sense they can't use verglas.  Their abilities with verglas probably wouldn't be that OP, because they are still on the ground, like a moa.  I can see why they haven't done that though.  It would be nice to have some other companion weapons buffed as well.

17 hours ago, Lord_Drod said:

The main reason I don't use them is no vig set, otherwise I would use them more.  I can't fit tenacious bond into builds though usually, it's usually one of odd mods out.  Wyrm is great in that you can dump negate and guardian (or you can run manifold and guardian for more defense).  Nautilus is also pretty good, but needs manifold and cordon.  My KPM is much higher in survivals when I combo cordon with coil horizon, even at base range. 

It's worth noting moas don't have to use assault mode, but their abilities kinda suck, along with most companion abilities.  I do agree it is more useful to have verglas on your head, as like an alternate fire mode that happens within your primary at the same time, vs a moa that is just wandering around.

I really love odomedic - it's the only way I heal my frame and is easy to control (all it takes is connecting two objects via parkour in aerial space), but also anti-grav array - jump height is extremely useful - not sure why community sleeps on these.  Then modding for attack, vacuum, shield, clones, health orbs, reinforced bond, contagious bond, revive take up the remaining slots.  I could probably gamble tenacious bond for momentus though I guess and give it overguard, especially in shorter missions.

Back to the hounds, it seems like they have the best abilities, except cordon maybe, so it sort of make sense they can't use verglas.  Their abilities with verglas probably wouldn't be that OP, because they are still on the ground, like a moa.  I can see why they haven't done that though.  It would be nice to have some other companion weapons buffed as well.

Tenacious ends up on pretty much every sentinel atm since I've nearly skipped precepts on all of them aside from a few specific cases. So it is mostly Duplex, Contagious, Momentous, Tenacious, Assault, Vitality, Vacuum, Fired Up, Primed Regen and Synth Deconstruct or Energy Generator incase of Dethcube.

With the frames that cannot utilize that or dont really need Primed Regen and Decon/Generator I often slot a precept and manifold. Like on Frost or Dante that provide OG, so I tend to use Diriga there with the AoE precept together with Archon Stretch for reg over time. And on Hildryn that cant use Duplex I skip it, Primed Reg and Decon for Guardian, Manifold and Shield Charger. I tend to skip Tenacious on Sevagoth, where I also skip Fired Up and Deconstruct to grab Guardian, Manifold and Shield Charger. Tried Taxon for the precept instead of Shield Charger, but it doesnt really have the reliability, since you must be within 10m for the sentinel to use it, where Shield Charger just buffs you when the buff runs out pretty much. On frames that do rely on shields alot I will likely run something similar to my Sevagoth, but skip Shield Charger for Tenacious, since they tend to use weapons alot while Sev doesnt. My Dagath will probably end up with the same sentinel config as sev though, since I practically dont use weapons on her either. Which would let me drop catalyzing shields on her for something more useful.

Yeah hounds hands (paws?) down have the best abilities imo. The disarm with manifold is just so good. The bouncing electric is also awesome, I just miss their potential for killing things. It isnt like a sentinel that can pretty much keep survival going on its own aslong as you just move the frame heh. Panzer really took a backseat with the update to other companions since it cant use Manifold, which would have been great on it if it could since it would spit viral more often. And now it is no longer the uniquely immortal pet. The current benefit it has is that even when it is "down" it applies all passive buffs from mods like tenacious.

• Like 2