The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Vulpaphyla & Predasite Imprint Trading Restricted

[DE]Taylor

We’ve been made aware of an exploitative method of stacking BOTH Predasite and Vulpaphyla Mutagens/Antigens via Imprint Breeding (resulting in 8 Mutagens and 8 Antigens on one Companion), and thus have removed the ability to trade affected Predasite and Vulpaphyla Imprints. 

As we have gone dark, we aim to fix this bug and revert unintended stats with Koumei & the Five Fates’ launch. Any unfortunate appearance bugs will not be addressed in our patch, so pray Son does not see what you have done to his precious creatures. 

• Like 9

Of all the things to "fix" or meddle with, I don't think this is it.

I don't see the point or problem. People can still make a custom Predasite or Vulpaphyla with their specified appearance attributes, and later discover added resistance stacking, which thematically makes sense for infested life-forms.

It was a hidden niche that might I add, everyone has access to.

What about it is an exploit?

Do you mean Predasite AND Vulpaphyla imprint breeding causing visual bugs? This would be more understandable if so.

Do you mean the concept of resistance stacking itself? If this is the case, why was it allowed in the first place?

Do you mean both? Considering you're also reverting the stats, this was the only logical assumption behind my post.

Will we get our resources refunded?

The original post of this thread was later updated to clarify that what I (and others) thought and typed was not the case and we did not need to panic. So I've decided to also edit mine (again) for transparency while keeping its contents intact.

In the future, please make sure there's an example/use case of what you're trying to address, so we can avoid unnecessary confusion.

Thank you.

Edited by Lahared
  • Like 12

They’re likely referring to an unintended ability to stack both vulpaphyla and predasite mutagens/antigens on a single Deimos companion (resulting in a companion with 8 total mutagens/antigens instead of the normal cap of 4) not the intended ability to create a vulpaphyla with all of the vulpaphyla mutagens/antigens, or a predasite with all of the predasite mutagens/antigens.

Edited by Arbitrary
Clarifying the unintended behaviors
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

They’re likely referring to an unintended ability to double stack the same mutagens/antigens (resulting in a companion with 8 total mutagens/antigens instead of the normal 4) not the intended ability to create a companion with all mutagens/antigens.

I guess we'll see if this thread ever gets clarification, but I'm quite certain it's just another loss for player agency.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arbitrary said:

They’re likely referring to an unintended ability to double stack the same mutagens/antigens (resulting in a companion with 8 total mutagens/antigens instead of the normal 4) not the intended ability to create a companion with all mutagens/antigens.

Oh huh, that's definitely confusing, the post didn't specify whether its the doubled mutagen/antigen stacking or the all mutagen/antigen breeding - only said that its fixing 'stacking mutagen/antigen through Imprint Breeding'.

• Like 1

I'm glad I waited. I seen this in the wiki and was gonna eventually combine all the various appendages together. I would of been extremely pissed if i did all that grinding for mats and waiting just for it to be patched out.

if it is just the stats that are getting patched and not the way they look, then I'm fine with that. i just wanted the look.

3 hours ago, Genomac said:

I would of been extremely pissed if i did all that grinding for mats and waiting just for it to be patched out.

It is honestly soul-crushing, because I have. I wanted to get the infested companions from Deimos to all mutagen/antigens (less forma needed, more resilient to specific damage) before the 1999 update. I currently only have 1 of the 6 done. It seems it'll have to stay that way, unless I have completely misunderstood the original post.

There is now seemingly one less reason to go to the Cambion Drift, if hindsight does not prove me wrong.

Edited by Lahared

I think there are people stacking 8x8 by crossing vulpas and predas somehow. I think that's what's getting fixed.

DE just did a derp and miscommunicated.

regular 4x4 stacking within a species should be fine. It's documented as intended in the 29.5 patch notes:

Screenshot_20240913_215909.png?ex=66e64e

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Arbitrary said:

They’re likely referring to an unintended ability to stack both vulpaphyla and predasite mutagens/antigens on a single Deimos companion (resulting in a companion with 8 total mutagens/antigens instead of the normal cap of 4) not the intended ability to create a vulpaphyla with all of the vulpaphyla mutagens/antigens, or a predasite with all of the predasite mutagens/antigens.

Correct, this restriction only applies to Imprints with 8 x 8 (ie. a mix of both Predasite and Vulpaphyla). Apologies for any confusion here, Tenno. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Correct, this restriction only applies to Imprints with 8 x 8 (ie. a mix of both Predasite and Vulpaphyla). Apologies for any confusion here, Tenno. 

I appreciate the correction, and I would like to apologize for being unnecessarily aggressive on my first post.

Glad my effort with imprint breeding wasn't wasted.

Haven't even touched specific breeding yet personally but that sounds like a fair thing to fix. Might have been a complicated bug to iron out or, like, not the biggest priority so it only just got addressed now, both reasonable scenarios.

I would certainly prefer the more serious issues being handled over this, but with how active DE is with patches, those likely haven't been fixed because they touch on core code that could break so many other things if touched or are just unavoidable without an insane amount of work.

I'm rambling. Either way, nice fix, keep up the good work!

On 2024-09-14 at 1:36 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

We’ve been made aware of an exploitative method of stacking BOTH Predasite and Vulpaphyla Mutagens/Antigens via Imprint Breeding (resulting in 8 Mutagens and 8 Antigens on one Companion), and thus have removed the ability to trade affected Predasite and Vulpaphyla Imprints. 

As we have gone dark, we aim to fix this bug and revert unintended stats with Koumei & the Five Fates’ launch. Any unfortunate appearance bugs will not be addressed in our patch, so pray Son does not see what you have done to his precious creatures. 

U really need fix the real bugs affecting the players in game  u take a lot in fix real bugs but u can't see a bug helping us because u try to patch that it's mood cool get to work and fix when host leave an all lose the rewards fix sanctuary fix the bug when we can't move or change to the operator

• Like 2