The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add First person shooter

----o----

The market is over-saturated with FPS games, and this is a game that places incredibly high emphasis on customization. On top of all that, the degenerates of the community have Wisp to stare at for the next few hours. As a toggle-able option, it's fine, but there's no need to disregard the third-person perspective.

Edited by Liberator_Numen
  • Like 5

That settings could be anytime turn off if you don't like,so it doesn't change in bad way,it just exist another added settings which called "First person shooter".

It like example with "Fsr" setting exist or "motion blur",but some peoples of them doesn't use.

Don't be funny for those doesn't want,maybe it's not for you.

I know in some case not perfect for example "bullet jump" perform while in First person shooter.,but in other hand it become more realistic.

Just saying if possible.

• Like 1

It already exists and is used in specific situations. Scoped guns fake a first-person view by hiding the character viewmodel. The Leverian and some old Nightwave chapters used first-person perspectives. So they could definitely make it a real thing... if they cared

Two issues would need to be fixed:

• properly centering the camera, something which is also already used situationally, like K-drive riding, archwing dashing, the Railjack cannon...
  • making real first-person viewmodels and animations; the models already exist, but we don't have arm animations, and those need to be tailored for first-person specifically and would take the most time

3 hours ago, ominumi said:

Motion sickness galore. Imagine doing bullet jump, double jump flipping, then roll in first person. so much spinning.

The third-person camera doesn't follow those motions, and neither would a first-person camera. The devs would never seriously consider putting in a bunch of work to make the game unfun to play, that's just plain ridiculous

7 hours ago, Liberator_Numen said:

The market is over-saturated with FPS games, and this is a game that places incredibly high emphasis on customization. On top of all that, the degenerates of the community have Wisp to stare at for the next few hours. As a toggle-able option, it's fine, but there's no need to disregard the third-person perspective.

Just because there is customization doesn't mean it's the end of the world to not constantly see it if there was a first-person option. Unless you have short-term memory problems, maybe

But I think you're still right, in terms of showing off the game in screenshots, recordings, livestreams of gameplay. First-person probably isn't as flashy as third-person. Doesn't mean they couldn't stick to mainly promoting the game in third-person, though

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

It already exists and is used in specific situations. Scoped guns fake a first-person view by hiding the character viewmodel. The Leverian and some old Nightwave chapters used first-person perspectives.

Two issues would need to be fixed:

• properly centering the camera, something which is also already used situationally, like K-drive riding, archwing dashing, the Railjack cannon...
  • making real first-person viewmodels and animations; the models already exist, but we don't have arm animations, and those need to be tailored for first-person specifically and would take the most time

The third-person camera doesn't follow those motions, and neither would a first-person camera. The devs would never seriously consider putting in a bunch of work to make the game unfun to play, that's just plain ridiculous

Just because there is customization doesn't mean it's the end of the world to not constantly see it if there was a first-person option. Unless you have short-term memory problems, maybe

But I think you're still right, in terms of showing off the game in screenshots, recordings, livestreams of gameplay. First-person probably isn't as flashy as third-person. Doesn't mean they couldn't stick to mainly promoting the game in third-person, though

Try understand me,there many types exist players,for you not,for some others yes,try imagine it work as "field of view" but added more go closer which cause First person shooter automatically.

I don't know how much took time for developers,but in my opinion shouldn't be hard add it,beside,if someone doesn't like,it can be any time turn off in settings and that it...fixed.

They talked about it briefly in a recent devshort.  The impression I got from the answer was never say never, but probably never. :P

In theory I wouldn't mind the option.  I wouldn't use it full time, but occasionally it would be nice.  However my impression is it would be a lot of work, and there are about a 1000 other things I'd rather they put a lot of work into.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

They talked about it briefly in a recent devshort.  The impression I got from the answer was never say never, but probably never. :P

In theory I wouldn't mind the option.  I wouldn't use it full time, but occasionally it would be nice.  However my impression is it would be a lot of work, and there are about a 1000 other things I'd rather they put a lot of work into.

I agree with you,there many things also left to fix in warframe,just need a lots time too.

13 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

No. It's their job to make a good game for most players. Not just some of them. We like TPS RPG.

That a reason,some of them would like that option,and for those doesn't like,they can just turn off and that it.

Both sides are happy.

It will no harm to add that option.

il y a 5 minutes, ----o---- a dit :

That a reason,some of them would like that option,and for those doesn't like,they can just turn off and that it.

Both sides are happy.

It will no harm to add that option.

But it will take a lot of time for something most people won't use. Why bother doing it then ? You don't seem to understand that the time the devs spend making new content or features also has to bring in some money. Nobody here cares about a FPS version of Warframe. It's not this game. 

Saying "I want it, people like me need it" isn't a valuable reason. It's one drop in an ocean of players that couldn't care less. If you want to play a FPS, there is a lot of games like that out there. Warframe isn't one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

But it will take a lot of time for something most people won't use. Why bother doing it then ? You don't seem to understand that the time the devs spend making new content or features also has to bring in some money. Nobody here cares about a FPS version of Warframe. It's not this game. 

Saying "I want it, people like me need it" isn't a valuable reason. It's one drop in an ocean of players that couldn't care less. If you want to play a FPS, there is a lot of games like that out there. Warframe isn't one of them.

You don't know how much take time...you also don't know how many peoples use that option.

It won't harm by any mean for add it.

I told you already,everything it took time,if not now,then later.

I see something more than you won't able see it.

il y a 3 minutes, ----o---- a dit :

You don't know how much take time...you also don't know how many peoples use that option.

It won't harm by any mean for add it.

I told you already,everything it took time,if not now,then later

I see something more than you won't able see it.

0% of Warframe players use that option.

Using First Person makes you see less, actually.

The devs aren't here to make a game for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

0% of Warframe players use that option.

Using First Person makes you see less, actually.

The devs aren't here to make a game for you.

And again,you very wrong in here,saying 0%...then it be include me won't want that first person shooter,at least try say 5-10% players only want that option added.

You even don't know how to logical speak it.

il y a 1 minute, ----o---- a dit :

And again,you very wrong in here,saying 0%...then it be include me won't want that first person shooter,at least try say 5-10% players only want that option added.

You even don't know how to logical speak it.

You don't understand what people are saying to you.

• Like 1