Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Warframe energy regeneration and cooldown

----o----

Two options.

1.Remove completely energy orbs from this game and replace just more energy regeneration in each Warframe.

2.Replace all warframe ability "cost" energy on "cooldown" as "Lavos".

It would many other things effect in this game,but first of wall which option you choice?

Then automatically i can make another topic new,but depend which option you choice in here...number 1 or number 2.

1 hour ago, ----o---- said:

1.Remove completely energy orbs from this game and replace just more energy regeneration in each Warframe.

There are plenty of games with those systems, why not play them? Why come to a cookiestore and attempt to make a zoo shop out of it?

None of your proposed changes have any analysis or explanation. As if you literally just entered a cookie store, got to the counter and say: "We selling elephants now." And I as a loyal customer of this cookie store, who likes to be able to buy cookies at least once a week, just cannot agree with it. If you want to buy elephants, go to elephants store.

Of course the store owner might just laugh at you, but we live in wierd times and he may not. There are numerous examples in the history where game developers went with an advice of a single individual or minor group over their own fanbase and it did not end well.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

Then automatically i can make another topic new,but depend which option you choice in here...number 1 or number 2.

Please dont, you have made plenty enough - there is no point in making any if you do not want to discuss (and based on your reposnses to criticism in previous ones, you clearly do not).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ----o---- said:

Let's also make Nourish something every Warframe has access to and Revenant has 1000 Mesmer Skin charges now.
That'll work, truly. No possible issues could POSSIBLY arise from that!

What do you hope to accomplish with doing this? Make the game even more braindead?
Energy Orbs and Regeneration are plentiful enough. We also have ways of transmuting Health Orbs into Energy-- of which are far more common.

If anything, the opposite would be more useful. Energy Orbs become a "charge" you gotta use to upkeep abilities.
Even in that case though, it's questionable.

What the hell is this trying to say?
Make every ability a cooldown? Why? What does that accomplish?

If you're saying to make Lavos' abilities have an Energy cost?
His entire kit- barring his 4- has such a low cooldown that I rarely notice it being unavailable.
Between the time to set a new element, find a big enough group of enemies and positioning (of all which are not difficult), it's already recharged.

Even his 4 takes very little time when you account for how destructive it is.
You'll likely want to spend that downtime spreading Statuses anyway with the rest of the kit.

If anything, I'd prefer his abilities have an "Internal Energy Cost" that gets converted to a duration for Lavos specifically.
Mostly so things like Duplex Bond have something to account for.
But that's just me brainstorming on plausible workarounds for hedge cases.

It would many other things effect in this game

Well, how'd you come to that conclusion Sherlock?
No duh it would. To a point where this topic seems redundant.

Unless you got something cool to mention or some actual reason behind this?
Stop posting. Please. There's enough of this garbage already.
Makes it really difficult to get anything useful done as a result, since we have to sift through this stuff.

5 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Please dont, you have made plenty enough - there is no point in making any if you do not want to discuss (and based on your reposnses to criticism in previous ones, you clearly do not).

I normally asked,that why forum exist to discuss,give some suggestion and etc.

You can't just say "please dont",because you are not admin here.

Maybe what i saying in here...some of others peoples can automatically give better suggestion than me in here also.

I know some of my suggestion are not perfect,but doesn't mean you can to criticize me of bad ideas,maybe i didn't fully fill what i mean exactly with more details explanation,probably that can be reason.

3 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Let's also make Nourish something every Warframe has access to and Revenant has 1000 Mesmer Skin charges now.
That'll work, truly. No possible issues could POSSIBLY arise from that!

What do you hope to accomplish with doing this? Make the game even more braindead?
Energy Orbs and Regeneration are plentiful enough. We also have ways of transmuting Health Orbs into Energy-- of which are far more common.

If anything, the opposite would be more useful. Energy Orbs become a "charge" you gotta use to upkeep abilities.
Even in that case though, it's questionable.

What the hell is this trying to say?
Make every ability a cooldown? Why? What does that accomplish?

If you're saying to make Lavos' abilities have an Energy cost?
His entire kit- barring his 4- has such a low cooldown that I rarely notice it being unavailable.
Between the time to set a new element, find a big enough group of enemies and positioning (of all which are not difficult), it's already recharged.

Even his 4 takes very little time when you account for how destructive it is.
You'll likely want to spend that downtime spreading Statuses anyway with the rest of the kit.

If anything, I'd prefer his abilities have an "Internal Energy Cost" that gets converted to a duration for Lavos specifically.
Mostly so things like Duplex Bond have something to account for.
But that's just me brainstorming on plausible workarounds for hedge cases.

Well, how'd you come to that conclusion Sherlock?
No duh it would. To a point where this topic seems redundant.

Unless you got something cool to mention or some actual reason behind this?
Stop posting. Please. There's enough of this garbage already.
Makes it really difficult to get anything useful done as a result, since we have to sift through this stuff.

I mean all warframe abilities energy cost replaced cooldown same as Lavos.

Sry my English is not first Language.

I just giving suggestion,i know it's not perfect,just saying approx,i know i needed probably explain more details what i mean exactly.

Info:

Warframe used to exclusively work on Cooldowns. DE changed it because it promoted gameplay styles that they did not want. For example with damage dealing abilities it would promote players blitzing their combos, or damaging abilities, and then retreating until the timer was done and then doing it again. This was not desired by DE, and they don't want the chance of it returning.

Killing enemies to get Energy drops, or using Mod Slots, Warframe Abilities, Focus Abilities, Companion Precepts, Energy Pads or Arcanes to generate Energy as a resource similar to Ammo, is the gameplay design that DE want to actively promote.

I was there for the change to the system, DE stated that Cooldowns are not what they want from Warframe and (at the time) they stated that they would only ever return to them in the most limited of ways if they felt the need. Thus, we have Lavos with Cooldowns and no other frames with them just to show how Cooldowns can be viable, but that DE are not intending to ever make them universal.

DE have repeated this sentiment over time when the question of Cooldowns was raised during DevStreams or at TennoCon.

I'm surprised to see this topic come up again after so long. This information is fairly common knowledge.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I'm surprised to see this topic come up again after so long. This information is fairly common knowledge.

Look at the OP and his river of topics. He does not do a pinch of research. 

Edited by Zakkhar

20 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Info:

Warframe used to exclusively work on Cooldowns. DE changed it because it promoted gameplay styles that they did not want. For example with damage dealing abilities it would promote players blitzing their combos, or damaging abilities, and then retreating until the timer was done and then doing it again. This was not desired by DE, and they don't want the chance of it returning.

Killing enemies to get Energy drops, or using Mod Slots, Warframe Abilities, Focus Abilities, Companion Precepts, Energy Pads or Arcanes to generate Energy as a resource similar to Ammo, is the gameplay design that DE want to actively promote.

I was there for the change to the system, DE stated that Cooldowns are not what they want from Warframe and (at the time) they stated that they would only ever return to them in the most limited of ways if they felt the need. Thus, we have Lavos with Cooldowns and no other frames with them just to show how Cooldowns can be viable, but that DE are not intending to ever make them universal.

DE have repeated this sentiment over time when the question of Cooldowns was raised during DevStreams or at TennoCon.

I see....fair enough.

Just sometime peoples doesn't know self what they want or didn't even trying know it could make game whole better,i know in this my topic not fully write with details,i can admit that,a lot things i didn't explained in this current topic,i know DE is hard work for them and i know it depend to community peoples in here.

Yes...i should next time more explain details probably,but i don't understand why some peoples criticize my ideas?....i just trying find way make game become better.

Imagine i creating total for example about 40 various topics...maybe these 3 of 40 topic be useful...better than nothing isn't?

Not trying spam,or being annoying,only trying being useful.

And thx for being normally with me.

20 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Info:

I see....fair enough.

Just sometime peoples doesn't know self what they want or didn't even trying know it could make game whole better,i know in this my topic not fully write with details,i can admit that,a lot things i didn't explained in this current topic,i know DE is hard work for them and i know it depend to community peoples in here.

Yes...i should next time more explain details probably,but i don't understand why some peoples criticize my ideas?....i just trying find way make game become better.

Imagine i creating total for example about 40 various topics...maybe these 3 of 40 topic be useful...better than nothing isn't?

Not trying spam,or being annoying,only trying being useful.

And thx for being normally with me.

36 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Look at the OP and his river of topics. He does not do a pinch of research. 

There so many now title names topics around this forum which sometime writing what you want searching for it...it give sometime other result.

So...sometime myself need make topic.

I know i need research,but doesn't mean you need talk negatively on me.

Edited by ----o----

You're new in a place that is 10+ years old; there's a high chance that whatever ideas you have, we've already discussed.

There so many now title names topics around this forum which sometime writing what you want searching for it...it give sometime other result.

So...sometime myself need make topic.

I know i need research,but doesn't mean you need talk negatively on me.

The search function on the forums is unreliable, use a search engine instead. Type what you're looking for then follow it up with "site:forums.warframe.com" (do not include the quotation marks). So if I want to find topics about cooldowns I'll type this on the search engine:

cooldowns site:forums.warframe.com

Don't do this, this puts you into spamming territory. Just post your idea and opinions about it instead of taking a poll.

Edited by NekroArts

6 hours ago, NekroArts said:

You're new in a place that is 10+ years old; there's a high chance that whatever ideas you have, we've already discussed.

The search function on the forums is unreliable, use a search engine instead. Type what you're looking for then follow it up with "site:forums.warframe.com" (do not include the quotation marks). So if I want to find topics about cooldowns I'll type this on the search engine:

cooldowns site:forums.warframe.com

Don't do this, this puts you into spamming territory. Just post your idea and opinions about it instead of taking a poll.

Yes i know these 10 years been a lots already from other peoples discussions.

Search function not always find what i looking for,but sometime help it,so in this case sometime need myself make,unless i miss something.

In this forum some peoples did spamming too and i can guarantee it will be always like this,in this forum was probably been more worst topic than my what i say in here now,you can't just say "don't do this",you can't control peoples...maybe what i say here can cause automatically other betters ideas from others peoples from those who "view" this my topic,but didn't comment,that how ideas born.

Peoples are not perfect,remember that,include me.

Personally myself,if i did mistake i admit that.

I'll try that also what you say "use a search engine".

28 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

In this forum some peoples did spamming too and i can guarantee it will be always like this

And majority of the time they either they get deleted or merged.

30 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

you can't just say "don't do this",you can't control peoples

I can, you know why? Because this isn't coming from someone who can control people, this is coming from someone who's been around long enough to know what happens when someone does spam.

44 minutes ago, ----o---- said:

that how ideas born.

And people in the past already beat you to it. In regards to your Annoying some melee Weapons and gunblade here are past threads I found.

12 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

For example with damage dealing abilities it would promote players blitzing their combos, or damaging abilities, and then retreating until the timer was done and then doing it again.

Honestly, in a weird turn of fate? I'd much prefer that.
Granted, it's because nowadays we see Warframes spamming abilities that quite literally nuke the entire map... but y'know.

I wouldn't be adverse to Warframes that have very quick and violent bursts of damage, but need to cool it down in response.
Just not as the overall "umbrella" of the game though, y'know?
Nukes have their place, just not everywhere. That's kinda what the game became though.

On another note, this topic- albeit indirectly- gave me the urge to brainstorm a Warframe that would use Energy inversely.
Basically gains energy on abilities, slowly drains it over time. Maxing out energy causes the Warframe to overload with major negative effects. Energy Restoratives like Orbs or Energy Vampire drain the bar slightly.
So I guess that's a silver lining to be saved for another day.

13 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

And majority of the time they either they get deleted or merged.

I can, you know why? Because this isn't coming from someone who can control people, this is coming from someone who's been around long enough to know what happens when someone does spam.

And people in the past already beat you to it. In regards to your Annoying some melee Weapons and gunblade here are past threads I found.

It's only your opinions,doesn't matter how long you are in this forum,or how much reputation you have.

If someone doesn't like topics,they just view without replying and already enough it.

At least you was asked what these viewers thinking?...no...you didn't.

You can't control whole community,that why forum was made it for various purpose.

It's okey sometime this forum delete some topics when get old or for some other reason,it's most import thing is that topic has been read before by public,and yes...later it can be deleted because that topic been done.