The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That mission failure needs to go

Nidusmain84

I was just fighting the freaking Lephantis, on steel path. Just gotten it's second head gone, now it's just me and the corpus head. Just as soon as I started fighting it, I get this "Mission Failure Imminent" prompt. And it says to kill all remaining targets. Like... that'd be *EASY* on steel path, with a boss, that constantly has invulnerablility frames DURING stage one. It took me a half hour to get past stage one, by myself! And the worst part is: No squads are in the steel path. So, uh... how the heck do I kill this thing, all 3 heads, under the mission failure imminent B.S. with a Incarnon Genesis Torid, all the while that thing gets to be invincible most of the time, AND tank my shots, huh? Freaking unbelievable =_=

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nidusmain84 said:

I was just fighting the freaking Lephantis, on steel path. Just gotten it's second head gone, now it's just me and the corpus head. Just as soon as I started fighting it, I get this "Mission Failure Imminent" prompt. And it says to kill all remaining targets. Like... that'd be *EASY* on steel path, with a boss, that constantly has invulnerablility frames DURING stage one. It took me a half hour to get past stage one, by myself! And the worst part is: No squads are in the steel path. So, uh... how the heck do I kill this thing, all 3 heads, under the mission failure imminent B.S. with a Incarnon Genesis Torid, all the while that thing gets to be invincible most of the time, AND tank my shots, huh? Freaking unbelievable =_=

I was SO excited to be FINALLY be done with the boss fight knowing I wouldn't have to do it, AGAIN on the steel path route, but nooooo, there's gotta be a hidden time limit for a non endless mission

3 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

If you don't kill one enemy every 15mn, yeah, you get kicked out of the mission. That's true everywhere.

Welp. That'd be impossible to kill one because I tried to get up to the surface to regen health as my prime Nidus, but couldn't because of a invisible wall. That thing has GOT to go if you're in a boss fight like that. I literally STRUGGLED to get past phase 1. Phase 2 didn't help with the grineer head either, so freaking tough it was

il y a 9 minutes, Nidusmain84 a dit :

Welp. That'd be impossible to kill one because I tried to get up to the surface to regen health as my prime Nidus, but couldn't because of a invisible wall. That thing has GOT to go if you're in a boss fight like that. I literally STRUGGLED to get past phase 1. Phase 2 didn't help with the grineer head either, so freaking tough it was

Yes, but maybe it wasn't a boss problem, but a gear problem.

Torid isn't the best weapon everywhere. Guides fooled you.

And Nidus didn't bring anything to the fight neither.

29 minutes ago, Nidusmain84 said:

By the way, there are infested everywhere around you, especially behind the roots or whatever, so you can kill them to reset the timer. But yeah, like someone already said, you need the right weapon for the right enemy, and the right frame as well. If you dont want to do that, you have to go to recruitment chat and ask for help, there are hundreds of bored veterans that will speedrun lephantis on SP with you no problem.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

58 minutes ago, Nidusmain84 said:

And it says to kill all remaining targets.

Normally, it's a failsafe to prevent some weird AFK bot shenanigans.
DE has a few of those, but this one is a VERY ancient one.

The problem is that this very same failsafe is also a problem when there's old content that was ABSOLUTELY not meant to be scaled this high.
This includes, but not limited to:

• Ropalolyst
  • Lephantis
  • Zealoid Prelate
  • Mutalist Alad V (who already uses insane degrees of Toxin Damage)
  • Jordas Golem

Most of these bosses are designed to be tanky within their own boss fight, sure.
The scaling makes it FAR more destructive, especially since Steel Path doubles their OG values to begin with.

I doubt DE will remove it, but I do agree that it's asinine.
Especially in cases like the Ropalolyst, of which is just a headache to begin with.

1 hour ago, Nidusmain84 said:

No squads are in the steel path.

Nobody else offered yet, so want me to lend a hand?
(Assuming I'm online when you're reading this ofc.)

13 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

By the way, there are infested everywhere around you, especially behind the roots or whatever

I should clarify: It's the entrance that gets blocked off.
This doesn't become as easy to strike once it reaches second phase though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:
41 minutes ago, Nidusmain84 said:

By the way, there are infested everywhere around you, especially behind the roots or whatever, so you can kill them to reset the timer. But yeah, like someone already said, you need the right weapon for the right enemy, and the right frame as well. If you dont want to do that, you have to go to recruitment chat and ask for help, there are hundreds of bored veterans that will speedrun lephantis on SP with you no problem.

Enemies can stop spawning or you can just have no reach to them. 1st phase can be bugged like heads not spawning often or for not long time.

I'm not sure if that counts for Bosses but in Lab's disruption I was killing enemies while trying to solve puzzle (for long time) without doing single Disruption. I got mission failure in N seconds (1 minute, I don't remember). I couldn't finish single Disruption and mission failed.

I heard about person doing Solo Duviri and getting flagged or something.

14 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

I should clarify: It's the entrance that gets blocked off.
This doesn't become as easy to strike once it reaches second phase though.

Not easy? sure. But its your only chance if you want to fight a boss solo with bad gear.

13 minutes ago, quxier said:

Enemies can stop spawning or you can just have no reach to them. 1st phase can be bugged like heads not spawning often or for not long time.

I'm not sure if that counts for Bosses but in Lab's disruption I was killing enemies while trying to solve puzzle (for long time) without doing single Disruption. I got mission failure in N seconds (1 minute, I don't remember). I couldn't finish single Disruption and mission failed.

Yeah WF is insanely toxic in terms of AFK and this system is as stupid as it gets.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Not easy? sure. But its your only chance if you want to fight a boss solo with bad gear.

True that, considering their name though?
I wouldn't put it out the question to use Larva to see if they'll clip through.
... but that's just passive brainstorming.

You should be able to jump through the break in the floor using Operator, right?
Not 100% sure since I never bothered to check DURING the fight.

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Yeah WF is insanely toxic in terms of AFK and this system is as stupid as it gets.

On one hand, I do understand why they have Anti-AFK measures.
I absolutely HATE it when players go AFK unannounced.
More when it's evident they're just leeching. (I.E. only moving when called out for it.)

If someone needs to AFK, the least they could do is say "BRB" so it notifies the players you're with.
... and gives them the impression that something urgent came up. They'll be a lot more tolerant that way.
Hell, it's 3 letters. Of which are that are on the keyboard/interface. It takes very little time and I doubt someone's cookies are gonna be considered a "life emergency".

However, it becomes a problem when people just take advantage of others doing the work for them.
At that point, I wonder why they're even here if they're not gonna play.

Than you have bots and other nasty folks who are just playing the game for (likely) illegal reasons.
I mean, Warframe is a "grindy" game and people have been shown to drop a fat dollar to bypass all that grind.
Naturally you get people farming on accounts just to send them to someone else. That's against ToS by the way.
Whales be whales, you can't stop them from spending cash stupidly.

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

Yes, but maybe it wasn't a boss problem, but a gear problem.

Torid isn't the best weapon everywhere. Guides fooled you.

And Nidus didn't bring anything to the fight neither.

Right... I'm only MR 17 and I'm still learning a bunch of stuff so you can't really blame me for trying dude

52 minutes ago, quxier said:

I was in the second phase unfortunately, and I seen zero Infested at the roots blocking the exit

il y a 8 minutes, Nidusmain84 a dit :

Right... I'm only MR 17 and I'm still learning a bunch of stuff so you can't really blame me for trying dude

Don't get me wrong ; I'm not blaming you. Failing is how we learn.

But that's facts : Torid and Nidus bring nothing to the fight.

The Torid (Incarnon) is both a AoE weapon, and then a beam weapon, so it's great against hordes, but not that great for single targets.

Nidus is a really great frame, can be relatively immortal and can do huge amount of damage with spell, and buff allies ; then again, doesn't work with no trash mobs or allies to buff.

To fight Lephantis, you'd want to have a high multishot weapon to counteract its damage attenuation, like a Shotgun. Even machine guns would do.

Also, you'd want to fight it with a strong frame being a "weapon plateform", being tanky, while also providing self buffs to improve your weapon damage, like a Chroma or a Rhino.

50 minutes ago, Nidusmain84 said:

He's not blaming you. Its a fact. AoE weapons SUCK against Lephantis. I mean, they are really bad there.

And Nidus can't do anything because there isn't enemies enough.

No boss in the game takes 15 minutes to kill. If took you long enough to kill one, that means your weapons are not doing enough damage.

Back to the arsenal, check your options, rethink your build and try again. Nothing wrong with that.

It's the same with people fighting the murmur with viral and slash and discovering they can't kill them.

Fail, learn, try, win.

59 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Don't get me wrong ; I'm not blaming you. Failing is how we learn.

But that's facts : Torid and Nidus bring nothing to the fight.

The Torid (Incarnon) is both a AoE weapon, and then a beam weapon, so it's great against hordes, but not that great for single targets.

Nidus is a really great frame, can be relatively immortal and can do huge amount of damage with spell, and buff allies ; then again, doesn't work with no trash mobs or allies to buff.

To fight Lephantis, you'd want to have a high multishot weapon to counteract its damage attenuation, like a Shotgun. Even machine guns would do.

Also, you'd want to fight it with a strong frame being a "weapon plateform", being tanky, while also providing self buffs to improve your weapon damage, like a Chroma or a Rhino.

I unfortunately don't have either. I have a bubonico but it's probably not the bestest

17 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

He's not blaming you. Its a fact. AoE weapons SUCK against Lephantis. I mean, they are really bad there.

And Nidus can't do anything because there isn't enemies enough.

No boss in the game takes 15 minutes to kill. If took you long enough to kill one, that means your weapons are not doing enough damage.

Back to the arsenal, check your options, rethink your build and try again. Nothing wrong with that.

It's the same with people fighting the murmur with viral and slash and discovering they can't kill them.

Fail, learn, try, win.

Right. I did have the Incarnon of the Torid. But, I have zero clue as to what frame and weapon is best to kill the Lephantis 

3 hours ago, Nidusmain84 said:

I was in the second phase unfortunately, and I seen zero Infested at the roots blocking the exit

I've found Glaive Prime setup as a heavy attack build to work very well against Lephantis. Not as well as prior to status rework that just happened, but still well enough.