The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Energy economy is godawful in the early game. If you don't have vets pumping up the kill rate you get very few abilities per mission

OgreEye

The fix for this is like, so simple it's mind boggling, but unironically give energy nexus out as a reward for vor's prize. Having passive energy generation so you aren't reliant on random orbs would make this lower kill rate part of the game way more fun. This is also a no brainer change you could accomplish in like 2 minutes of code time. I'm aware that dreamer's bond is supposed to be the fix here, but it's extremely slow, and in my experience isn't nearly enough.

EDIT: I misread the topic, if there's a new player experience feedback section please move this there

Edited by OgreEye
Me when I post in the wrong category
  • Like 2

I say this only half jokingly, but the health economy is also terrible for new players. I still remember when I finally got the augment Regenerative Molt, what a game changer going from no healing whatsoever and slowly "bleeding out" over the course of a mission to 50 health per second.

Similarly it was a huge difference when I finally, much later, got a maxed Arcane Energize.

Maybe it makes sense to have such things for new players to strive for?

Eh, I don't think there's glory in suffering. The strength to kill thousands of enemies in one mission and hit millions or even billions is what you're striving for, not the right to actually use basic mechanics at a reasonable rate.

• Like 1