The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

DE YOU HAVE A PROBLEM

BritishBadgerX

I heard from old players that played for quite some time now (10+ years) that this same old bug is in the game. The game is 11 years old. You guys have come a VERY VERY LONG WAY. But please, in the name of Lotus, fix this bug. 

The bug contains the following: 

1. You can't use your abilities.

2. You can't use your operator. 

3. Can't shoot. 

4. You move sideways and backwards. (bullet jump backwards)

5. You can only reset the bug if you die by the enemies, or sometimes not even. 

Like I said, I have been told this bug is old, fix it. Please. because when you're in a SP relic survival and you can't do S#&$. It's bad. 

Edited by BritishBadgerX
  • Like 9

Its a bug when You transfer from Warframe to operator realy fast while using both entities abilities and getting hit by status.

When that happens, a bit of a spike in the internet connection and BTZT, your stuck walking backwards like a clawless loabster in the desert.

Edited by VasjaTheOx
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, VasjaTheOx said:

Its a bug when You transfer from Warframe to operator realy fast while using both entities abilities and getting hit by status.

When that happens, a bit of a spike in the internet connection and BTZT, your stuck walking backwards like a clawless loabster in the desert.

Oh so that's what it is. Nice.

This bug has been around almost as long as there has been an operator ,

A combination of transference delay , poor latency , and hosts hardware limitations during specific game situations leads to this. That's why its usually seen by clients.

There is probably stop gap fix - equivalent to killing yourself. Wish they enable this for players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VasjaTheOx said:

It's not JUST involving Operator. The bug happened to me yesterday in a mission I never hit Operator for.

• Like 1

The specific bug from years ago is very likely not the current ones - different things tend to cause functionality loss as they're implemented or changed over updates, while they'll fix some interactions that caused it in other places. I like to call it the "moonwalk bug", but it's essentially some actions cause a state lock or animation lockup and prevent any other actions (and makes you look like you're moonwalking). Having a state reset command or something besides revive from death would be nice, though I'm sure some people would try to exploit it in some way so it would have to have a pretty strict cooldown or be very limited.

On 2024-09-22 at 4:09 PM, ddsplayzz said:

Yeah this bug is incredibly annoying.

This happened to me more than 5 times in one SP mission. Crazy.

On 2024-09-22 at 4:35 PM, PublikDomain said:

I really want a /reset command. Like /unstuck, but it just nukes you entirely. Deletes everything and rebuilds your character as if you'd just joined.

That would be amazing. 

On 2024-09-22 at 4:53 PM, VasjaTheOx said:

But to happen sometimes more than 5 times in one mission? Crazy. 

• Like 1

On 2024-09-22 at 5:26 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

This bug has been around almost as long as there has been an operator ,

A combination of transference delay , poor latency , and hosts hardware limitations during specific game situations leads to this. That's why its usually seen by clients.

There is probably stop gap fix - equivalent to killing yourself. Wish they enable this for players.

I would sometimes jump off the edge of the map - doesn't always work. Nor does getting killed by the enemies sometimes not work. 

On 2024-09-22 at 7:03 PM, Nekomian said:

The specific bug from years ago is very likely not the current ones - different things tend to cause functionality loss as they're implemented or changed over updates, while they'll fix some interactions that caused it in other places. I like to call it the "moonwalk bug", but it's essentially some actions cause a state lock or animation lockup and prevent any other actions (and makes you look like you're moonwalking). Having a state reset command or something besides revive from death would be nice, though I'm sure some people would try to exploit it in some way so it would have to have a pretty strict cooldown or be very limited.

I hope they fix it. 

This bug has been the bane of my existence for over 3 years... lately, it happens to me every single week in Archon missions, Netracells and Elite Deep Archimedea (Where you can't die to fix it or you will lose, except in EDA where your teammates can res you with Angel kill).  FIX this or at least make /unstuck command do something to re-mount abilities/attacks!  Below are 2 videos from this week where it happened. 

Things you can do with this bug active:  Access type menu, block, use gear wheel, aim glide, pick up cells for extractors or whatever
Things you cannot do with this bug active:  You cannot attack, cast, transference or do anything super useful to complete most missions like protect objectives.
NOTE:  It is not Warframe specific, it is not system specific, it is very annoying. This never happened to me when Void Dash was a thing (aka animation timing might have something to do with the cause of it).

I can see why this is a tough to fix bug, I've tried to recreate it in simulacrum and just can't seem to figure out how.  I even tried to do another mission where I did exactly what I did in the Excavator mission, but the bug did not happen.  Very tough to replicate.  Please fix this horrible bug that has been in the game WAY too long!  It's pretty mission breaking, causing failure on these higher level missions since you are not allowed to die to fix the issue.

Thank you for reading / watching,

-Bauchie Poestis

Edited by Poestis

On 2024-09-22 at 7:53 AM, VasjaTheOx said:

My videos above, I never had a debuff status. 

I run my game on a PS5 as well, so it wouldn't be a hardware drop, I keep mine pretty clear on space.  I could see a drop in latency that causes the bug, but my internet connection is hard lined and I get 414.7 mbps DL speed and 26.5 mbps upload speed.

Edited by Poestis
clarity
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Poestis said:

This bug has been the bane of my existence for over 3 years... lately, it happens to me every single week in Archon missions, Netracells and Elite Deep Archimedea (Where you can't die to fix it or you will lose, except in EDA where your teammates can res you with Angel kill).  FIX this or at least make /unstuck command do something to re-mount abilities/attacks!  Below are 2 videos from this week where it happened. 

Things you can do with this bug active:  Access type menu, block, use gear wheel, aim glide, pick up cells for extractors or whatever
Things you cannot do with this bug active:  You cannot attack, cast, transference or do anything super useful to complete most missions like protect objectives.
NOTE:  It is not Warframe specific, it is not system specific, it is very annoying. This never happened to me when Void Dash was a thing (aka animation timing might have something to do with the cause of it).

I can see why this is a tough to fix bug, I've tried to recreate it in simulacrum and just can't seem to figure out how.  I even tried to do another mission where I did exactly what I did in the Excavator mission, but the bug did not happen.  Very tough to replicate.  Please fix this horrible bug that has been in the game WAY too long!  It's pretty mission breaking, causing failure on these higher level missions since you are not allowed to die to fix the issue.

Thank you for reading / watching,

-Bauchie Poestis

Glad to know I am not the only one struggling. 

• Like 1