Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Nova's null star still bugged after hotfix

Yeah, this is the first thing I immediately noticed after also trying my Titania Null Star build. I read the hotfix notes regarding Null Star causing a delay when casting other abilities. So I am not sure if this is part of the problem. But this delay between castings of Null Star was never documented in the notes. So I am going to assume it's a bug.

1 hour ago, Xazur said:

Yeah, this is the first thing I immediately noticed after also trying my Titania Null Star build. I read the hotfix notes regarding Null Star causing a delay when casting other abilities. So I am not sure if this is part of the problem. But this delay between castings of Null Star was never documented in the notes. So I am going to assume it's a bug.

Yeah this basically kills null star titania.

Well this new hotfix didn't fix the casting delay, so maybe it's intended. If so, Null Star build might be put away. The dps only seems effective for level 1-30ish enemies. Anything higher and it's just not worth waiting for the delay.

9 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno, confirming this delay on recasting Nullstar is by-design to avoid issues caused by spamming. 

what do you mean by "issues caused by spamming"? are you able to elaborate?

also is the wormhole cast delay able to be looked into/removed at all?

some kinda for MP, hold to cast feels kinda weird I think a lot of people much rather have a hold to swap between slow/speed then tap to cast functionality on this than what it currently is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

confirming this delay on recasting Nullstar is by-design to avoid issues caused by spamming

If this is intentional, can we please have some kind of indicator here?

Alternatively, restrict Null Star recasting (except the augment) so that Null Star can’t be recasted with it’s charge below maxed.

Use (visible) duration delay for (maxed) augmented Null Star.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno, confirming this delay on recasting Nullstar is by-design to avoid issues caused by spamming. 

Is there a way we can have an open conversation with elaboration on what these "issues" are? The ability had no performance problems being spammed before, so I wouldn't buy that explanation like what happened with Sleight of Hand. Speaking of Mirage, if this is a balance decision, can we get the Mirage treatment where this "nerf delay" is only on Subsumed Null Star? I swear Null Star and Nova specifically is the only thing balanced around other Warframes using Helminth. The Neutron Star Augment was nerfed once before because of Helminth usage (Titania, Limbo, Harrow, Trinity, and similar Warframes could self-sustain nuke without the limitations Nova has present), and balancing Nova around how other Warframes can use this ability would be a huge mistake if the case here.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

Just now, BoruBoru said:

When thermal sunder nerf?

And Razorwing Blitz. Seriously. Escape Velocity doesn't scale with Strength, while Razorwing Blitz does. Null Star has a casting delay, because Titania can spam it more effectively than Nova. Neutron Star has Line of Sight, because Titania (among other Warframes) nuked maps more effectively than Nova. Wormhole has a new added casting delay, meanwhile Razorwing Blitz can be stacked extremely fast with abilities like Pull.

It's getting a bit irritating of the state of Nova that is clearly because of Razorwing Blitz and Helminth.

I'd argue Razorwing Blitz is more of an outlier in player speed and damages the game more than Itzal's Blink ever did in Warframe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

As I suspected.. I was right in my own Nova feedback post about this which saddens me.

Could you possibly elaborate on what kinda spamming we are talking about? This has never been addressed as an issue before the "rework".

This is the only Warframe in the game who's base kit is affected by the subsume abilities performance on other Warframes such as Harrow and Titania. This is honestly such a bad path to go down when trying to balance the ability by making the base kit feel awful instead of adjusting the helminth abilities version with a delay.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Okay, then I fully expect to see a nerf to Thermal Sunder, and Ember's 4 then too for the same reasons. These 2 abilities are FAR more disruptive than Null Stars, as I couldn't even get Koumei's 4 out in SO/ESO before an Ember was able to cast her 4 for the 10th time in 5 seconds destroying enemies in my LoS making me WASTE energy, and unable to finish challenges for her 2.

Edited by (NSW)Master2873
Missed some info, and was added.

Am 4.10.2024 um 02:08 schrieb Xazur:

Well this new hotfix didn't fix the casting delay, so maybe it's intended. If so, Null Star build might be put away. The dps only seems effective for level 1-30ish enemies. Anything higher and it's just not worth waiting for the delay.

Try it on hildryn. I play this on level cap with her.

19 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Could we get some timer indicating this function? It's fine to keep in mind but I think most would appreciate if we had a timer showing when we can recast the ability.

• Like 1

On 2024-10-04 at 9:40 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

If it needs a cooldown can it at least be shorter like 1s instead of 2.5? It just feel awful. Other similar abilities aren't restricted like this and neither was neutron star pre rework.

• Like 3

On 2024-10-04 at 10:09 PM, --UMBRA--BakedCookie said:

Try it on hildryn. I play this on level cap with her.

Yeah, I saw a video of Nova with Pillage build and it seemed to work good. So I might also try this. Though it seems grouping up enemies is required.

On 2024-10-04 at 10:40 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

Thanks for responding! It's great to have an answer, but can we get some confirmation on intent to fix whatever issue this is?

Nova's build variety skyrocketed with this rework, and now I have a config slot collecting dust. Even in content where it works, it just feels too bad to use. Would be nice to know if I should move on or wait for a fix.

Am 4.10.2024 um 17:40 schrieb [DE]Taylor:

Yep, thx for #*!%ing up whole builds.

You rly like to #*!% with ur comunity, right?

No wonder vets leaving this game left and right, and only new players flood it.