Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.2

[DE]Danielle

15 часов назад, controller_excalibur сказал:
  • Nova’s Molecular Prime Speed wave now grows at the same rate as its Slow wave. 
  • With Koumei & the Five Fates, we made the Speed version grow faster than the Slow (they both travel the same distance, Speed just got there quicker). 
    • The thinking was that it would get to enemies quicker so that they can reach you faster for speedy destruction. It also added a visual difference between the Slow and Speed waves. However, we received feedback that this was not desirable because a faster wave has a shorter life span and had a greater chance of missing enemies compared to the Slow wave. So players had to spam cast it far more, making it costly and not as efficient. So we’ve reverted that in this Hotfix and now both waves grow at the same rate. 

NOOOOO!!! I was just thinking to myself today while playing Nova what a great change making the speed wave cast faster is. Cant believe its gone already :(

give it back.. please..
or make it scale with casting speed :3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JargenBakt said:

that you can't come up with legitimate reasons for sending Nova back to pre-rework state. 

Lol, I gave you a numbered list and you write this? Okay, you won, congratz, I see there is no point in talking to you, so I'll just leave you in your own world.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, -FrutyX- said:

Lol, I gave you a numbered list and you write this? Okay, you won, congratz, I see there is no point in talking to you, so I'll just leave you in your own world.

Lets see here... invalid, invalid... oh, look, it's all invalid because the Nova Rework fixed Nova being stuck in boring immobile roles and you're just defending keeping Nova stuck in that state for the rest of time. Great outlook on your part. Does not make for good gameplay and does not help the character one bit.

• Like 1

Thanks for the fixes! was having trouble joining people yesterday

is the damage attenuation on the SP Oni intentional? I've personally not had a huge problem with it (most public squads can kill it off in a few minutes based on my own experience, as long as one person can proc corrosion on it. if not then it does take a good while to kill off) but it does seem a bit beefy considering the planet it's on, if someone is able to do 2 or more normal runs faster than one SP run then the rewards from the normal run would be greater and thus there wouldn't be much reason to do SP's equivalent (?)

2 hours ago, JargenBakt said:

Lets see here... invalid, invalid... oh, look, it's all invalid because the Nova Rework fixed Nova being stuck in boring immobile roles and you're just defending keeping Nova stuck in that state for the rest of time. Great outlook on your part. Does not make for good gameplay and does not help the character one bit.

You really need to change your argument man. Nobody will disagree with you wanting faster expansion, but most of us really don't want a 2s mprime. We should be asking for a way to get faster expansion whether it's tied to range, cast speed, strength, or something. Not an augment since It makes the most sense as a variable tied to a stat like range imo. Then we can all be happy right?

2 minutes ago, Zodryn said:

You really need to change your argument man. Nobody will disagree with you wanting faster expansion, but most of us really don't want a 2s mprime.

See, here's the thing. I played the Nova Rework for that entire day. Initially, it took some getting use it, but the fast wave fast cast was far better than just sitting around waiting for enemies to get primed. Sure, you had to recast constantly and better manage your energy, but at least you were actually playing instead of sitting in a position waiting around. The rework ensured that Nova wasn't relegated to those boring immobile roles that she suffered from for years. Everyone else here seems to have this notion that Nova should remain in this boring immobile role rather than a frame that could be used anywhere. All the arguments that everyone has been making has been nothing but screaming into the void about how they got shafted by actual game development that we've come to expect from this dev team for years at this point. The nerf needs to be undone so that Nova has time to cook in the community and that they have had a chance to actually experiment with the new changes rather than having Nova relegated back to boring immobile roles that everyone has been so use to all these years. The nerf to the rework was complete unnecessary and the devs response to nerf the rework after a single day was utterly and completely inappropriate sending Nova back to those boring immobile roles. Everyone needs a chance to actually experience the rework as it was for long enough before these kind of changes should happen.

21 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Fixed indefinitely stacking unintended amount of Health from a combination of the Strain Consume mod and any of the following: Helminth Charger, Nidus Maggots and Pathocyst. 

And just like that Helminth Charger goes back into oblivion...
Hell, i never tought you would let us have that amount of health but neutering him like this after he finally saw the world outside the orbiter is something cruel.
You could have found a better way but i guess our Infested boy isn't destined for more than Mastery fodder.

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

Any chance you guys can figure out why the game constantly has graphical issues and hard crashes periodically to reboot since the Jade update?

It's extremely annoying when it's ONLY Warframe causing this issue

Not sure if this could be the reason for your crashes.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1414782-psa-nvidia-driver-version-5600066088-crashes-correction-in-thread/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JargenBakt said:

See, here's the thing. I played the Nova Rework for that entire day. Initially, it took some getting use it, but the fast wave fast cast was far better than just sitting around waiting for enemies to get primed. Sure, you had to recast constantly and better manage your energy, but at least you were actually playing instead of sitting in a position waiting around. The rework ensured that Nova wasn't relegated to those boring immobile roles that she suffered from for years. Everyone else here seems to have this notion that Nova should remain in this boring immobile role rather than a frame that could be used anywhere. All the arguments that everyone has been making has been nothing but screaming into the void about how they got shafted by actual game development that we've come to expect from this dev team for years at this point. The nerf needs to be undone so that Nova has time to cook in the community and that they have had a chance to actually experiment with the new changes rather than having Nova relegated back to boring immobile roles that everyone has been so use to all these years. The nerf to the rework was complete unnecessary and the devs response to nerf the rework after a single day was utterly and completely inappropriate sending Nova back to those boring immobile roles. Everyone needs a chance to actually experience the rework as it was for long enough before these kind of changes should happen.

People want the ability sustained so that they are actually playing the game and not micromanaging an ability every 6s. If I'm wasting time casting to keep the enemies sped up, I'm not killing anything.

You're constantly ignoring everything said to you though and just keep saying Nova is immobile now when various people keep telling you how to get the functionality you want while playing Nova.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

People want the ability sustained so that they are actually playing the game and not micromanaging an ability every 6s. If I'm wasting time casting to keep the enemies sped up, I'm not killing anything.

You're constantly ignoring everything said to you though and just keep saying Nova is immobile now when various people keep telling you how to get the functionality you want while playing Nova.

Did you even bother to read anything I posted? Fast Wave Fast Cast fixes Nova from being tied to a location allowing faster gameplay and movement. What you want is slow, droning, boring, immobilized gameplay that requires absoute zero thought into what you need to be doing. You just want the frame to be stuck in the past with boring immobilized gameplay that the frame has suffered from for years. You and every other player moaned about how Nova was now viable game wide and you're still moaning that someone is calling you out on your nonsense. Nova did not deserve to get nerfed into the ground shortly after receiving the best rework it could have received all so that players like you could continue pushing slow, droning, boring, immobilized gameplay on to the entire playerbase and screwing everyone who actually cares about the actual gameplay implications of the rework. You didn't want to play with the rework immediately going and complaining about it so that Nova got sent back to pre-rework status and shafting the rest of us who cares.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

If I'm wasting time casting to keep the enemies sped up, I'm not killing anything.

You waste half a second casting, so the entire room can be primed in 1-1.5 seconds? And that makes you not kill? But waiting for the ring to expand to prime the entire room for 2-3-4 seconds is fine because?

You can keep killing unprimed enemies... if you hate having the passive work. But to hell with synergy right. Because you just cannot be bothered to "micromanage" one ability, by which you mean making sure enemies are marked by said ability... life is hard right...

As if you even press that button anyways. DE say they are against Automation, but the slow expanding ring on Speed is facilitating just that!

Here is how, so yall don't play stupid anymore - Sit on Def objective, turn on macro that recasts 4 every (insert amounts of seconds calculated so the ring is constantly covering the spawn points, usually 5-6 seconds between recasts), add to the macro to cast Dispensary every once in a while so you don't run out of energy 9do the math there too), add jumping and/or some other "non bot" action, initiate the loop.

What is the difference if the ring expands faster? Well just that Dispensary cannot keep up... When you are not moving to pick up orbs around...

DE do you really want to make it more convenient for people to AFK Speed Nova with a simple macro that their keyboard or mouse comes able to do out of the box with official software? Are you really sure?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JargenBakt said:

Did you even bother to read anything I posted? Fast Wave Fast Cast fixes Nova from being tied to a location allowing faster gameplay and movement. What you want is slow, droning, boring, immobilized gameplay that requires absoute zero thought into what you need to be doing. You just want the frame to be stuck in the past with boring immobilized gameplay that the frame has suffered from for years. You and every other player moaned about how Nova was now viable game wide and you're still moaning that someone is calling you out on your nonsense. Nova did not deserve to get nerfed into the ground shortly after receiving the best rework it could have received all so that players like you could continue pushing slow, droning, boring, immobilized gameplay on to the entire playerbase and screwing everyone who actually cares about the actual gameplay implications of the rework. You didn't want to play with the rework immediately going and complaining about it so that Nova got sent back to pre-rework status and shafting the rest of us who cares.

Oh brother this guy stinks! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iamip said:

Oh brother this guy stinks! 

And more off-topic nonsense. Take a look around and just see how many people want stagnation for this one character that needed new life breathed into it. It finally got that, but people wanted their slow, droning, boring, immobile, zero thought gameplay back for absolutely zero legitimate reasons.

Just now, JargenBakt said:

And more off-topic nonsense. Take a look around and just see how many people want stagnation for this one character that needed new life breathed into it. It finally got that, but people wanted their slow, droning, boring, immobile, zero thought gameplay back for absolutely zero legitimate reasons.

Pablo took a look around and saw more people asking for the same duration back, you think the person you keep regurgitating the same thing at over and over again is the only person in the whole game who wanted the skill to function as the skill has always functioned? A large portion of us Nova players hated it. Yes we played with it, no we don't like to spam circles every 3 seconds, no we don't like being forced into casting speed shards, yes we like speed to function for defense how its always functioned for defense. You're acting like you're priming enemies and then taking 67 years to get some actual play time to kill them. I have waves spawn INSIDE the 12s expansion, 2 waves even 3 at a time. You think I want to spend my time pressing 4 every 3 seconds when I could be using the new AMD? or you know, playing the game. You want to run around mobile and spam a circle over and over? Play Gara.

Let it go my man, your argument has boiled down to 

"ME PLAY NOVA WITH CHANGE ME HAD FUN, ME NO HAVE FUN NOW NOVA NO CHANGE"

Go play a different frame then!

• Like 2

Pablo took a look around and saw more people asking for the same duration back, you think the person you keep regurgitating the same thing at over and over again is the only person in the whole game who wanted the skill to function as the skill has always functioned? A large portion of us Nova players hated it. Yes we played with it, no we don't like to spam circles every 3 seconds, no we don't like being forced into casting speed shards, yes we like speed to function for defense how its always functioned for defense. You're acting like you're priming enemies and then taking 67 years to get some actual play time to kill them. I have waves spawn INSIDE the 12s expansion, 2 waves even 3 at a time. You think I want to spend my time pressing 4 every 3 seconds when I could be using the new AMD? or you know, playing the game. You want to run around mobile and spam a circle over and over? Play Gara.

Let it go my man, your argument has boiled down to 

"ME PLAY NOVA WITH CHANGE ME HAD FUN, ME NO HAVE FUN NOW NOVA NO CHANGE"

Go play a different frame then!

Wow, could you be any more off-topic and not read anything? Nova got out of stagnation. It was absolutely much needed. You're all annoyed that someone is calling you on the return to stagnation rather than going with the flow of the new rework. You wanted to go back to the same, old, boring, immobilized gameplay you love so much and you dragged everyone else down with you. The rework for Nova was absolutely in a prime position to change so much and improve so much, but now it's back to stagnation because you simple couldn't adapt and decided to complain about it instead.

1 minute ago, JargenBakt said:

Wow, could you be any more off-topic and not read anything? Nova got out of stagnation. It was absolutely much needed. You're all annoyed that someone is calling you on the return to stagnation rather than going with the flow of the new rework. You wanted to go back to the same, old, boring, immobilized gameplay you love so much and you dragged everyone else down with you. The rework for Nova was absolutely in a prime position to change so much and improve so much, but now it's back to stagnation because you simple couldn't adapt and decided to complain about it instead.

Correct, and we won. So select your other frame and move on :)

• Like 1

Correct, and we won. So select your other frame and move on :)

No, because stagnation is the opposite of what should be happening here. Nova should not be stagnated right now with the return to the boring immobilized gameplay she suffered from for years. Nova was fixed, y'all decided that she shouldn't be fixed, and forced the devs hands for absolutely no legitimate reason other than a return to stagnation.

15 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

No, because stagnation is the opposite of what should be happening here. Nova should not be stagnated right now with the return to the boring immobilized gameplay she suffered from for years. Nova was fixed, y'all decided that she shouldn't be fixed, and forced the devs hands for absolutely no legitimate reason other than a return to stagnation.

What game modes are you playing with Nova and what factions are you fighting? 

1 minute ago, IDystopiaI said:

What game modes are you playing with Nova and what factions are you fighting? 

Pretty much all of them. It was the most fun I had with Nova in a long time. The slow wave slow cast and the fast wave fast cast meshed and flowed incredible well with one another. And it lasted for all of a day before it got nerfed into oblivion and a return back to stagnation and the same old boring immobilized playstyles that she suffered from.

• Like 2

So, some thoughts on the faster wave speed for the speed version of Molecular Prime.

Pros:

• reaches enemies quicker
  • allows for more mobility
  • easy to differentiate from slow version

Cons:

• more time spent on upkeep and casting
  • higher energy demand
  • doesn't linger and catch new spawns as effectively

I personally don't mind the cons and was really enjoying the faster wave speed, and there seems to be plenty of others that share that opinion, but there are also a lot of people that prefer the slower wave speed and I can understand why. I wonder if there is way to reach a compromise.

Some ideas:

• When the wave reaches maximum size, have it linger to match the duration of the slower moving wave. This is a very simple and safe way to appeal to both playstyles, but could possibly be too big a buff.
  • Slight variation of the above, have the wave speed decrease over the duration of the ability.
  • Increase casting speed and/or decrease energy cost so that relative time/energy cost for casting is equal to the slower moving wave. Another simple change, but doesn't address the ability of the slower wave to catch new spawns and does still require more upkeep as it still needs to be cast at a higher frequency.
  • Saw someone mention making the wave speed scale with casting speed. This could work, but it would mean those that like the slower wave couldn't enjoy faster casting speeds(also, potential conflicts with Madurai) and those that like the faster wave would be forced into casting speed. It also brings up the question of if this should work on slow.

There may be better solutions or things I missed, but that's all that came to my mind.

Edited by Oryo4231
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, IDystopiaI said:

Thank you! I've updated my MB's bios and also went through to update all my firmware drivers. So far, launched normally and ran a SP without crashing.

So, fingers crossed :D