Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.6

[DE]Danielle

On 2024-10-11 at 5:09 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed the Okina Evolution 3 Incarnon Challenge not progressing. 

The Okina 4th challenge doesnt progress if you have activated the incarnon (get 10x combo 10 times). So its only progressing on the base weapon. If thats intended it would be great if the challenge could be updated to note this.

14 hours ago, Halo said:

Get mad at DE then. 

Nourish does not provide a flat out damage buff that buffs your weps in any form. It provides viral damage, which in turn provides the better damage dealt. 

Your issue is with Viral, and I get that, and you can argue with me about semantics all you like as well, but that is not how the ability functions. 

If Nourish gave you a pure damage buff PLUS the endless viral procs for yourself and teammates, then I can see an easy reason for it to be added to the current 5. But alas, it does not. 

I am not here to argue, I just provided clarity to the information. With that said.

Nourish DOES provide flat out damage buff tho... it is called adding Viral DAMAGE to your weapons. Damage is Damage, in fact Elemental Damage can even be considered better than Base Damage in some cases.

Nourish DOES add +45% Viral DAMAGE to your weapons (and some abilities that are considered weapons) at mere 100% STR. If you have a weapon that deals 1000 damage, with Nourish at 100% STR it will deal 1450, 450 of which is Viral DAMAGE, which IS a 45% Damage increase, and that is just at base STR.

If you run Negative STR then I can understand your view, at only 10 STR, the Viral Damage buff is only going to be 4.5% which does qualify as negligible, considering you probably have other elements on the weapon too, resulting in around 1-2% actual end damage change, maybe even less.

Then there is all Viral stuff, but I will disregard that because anything can apply Viral for damage to HP increase.

My issue is not with Viral. In fact I have no issue at all, I am just clarifying, because from all you say, you make it sound like Nourish only adds Viral Status procs to weapons and the damage is irrelevant.... when in fact it DOES add a considerable amount of DAMAGE as well, which IS how the ability functions.

For extra clarity here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Nourish . We can clearly see the added Viral DAMAGE in the ability description itself. It requires minimal testing to confirm it results in Damage increase Before Viral too (Zero status Stugg saves the day once more).

I am not making an argument for or against, I am just saying that Nourish does much more than what is implied. It is a great QoL Subsume, no two opinions on that. I wonder how the charts for it's usage look like.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chaotea said:

The Okina 4th challenge doesnt progress if you have activated the incarnon (get 10x combo 10 times). So its only progressing on the base weapon. If thats intended it would be great if the challenge could be updated to note this.

That's odd.  I did not have any problem with that.  I was using heavy attacks to lower my combo below the threshold and finished it super-quick.   Were you a client maybe?

Only odd thing I noticed was it completing at 9x combo instead of 10x.

On 2024-10-14 at 3:23 AM, Do_High_Go said:

..... but then there is Nourish.... that even before the rework still buffed in a similar way without an Augment, but it was Toxin instead (i think, the memory is starting to fade, might have been corrosive idk). Why have they left it out of the "Big Damage Buff" category? Only DE can say. They nerfed it once so it looks weaker than the Elemental Buffs that need Augment..... Oh by the way it Also multiplies your energy gains too "sO iT iS nOt A pUrE dAmAgE bUfF" ... haha 🤣

right? its nonsensical.,..

On 2024-10-14 at 4:30 AM, Halo said:

Get mad at DE then. 

that was my entire point. that their "logic" of deciding what they consider a damage buffing ability and what they don't is completely random. I'm also not trying to argue with what the abilities actually do and are because they function how they do the categorization and resulting exclusivity doesn't make sense to me. @[DE]Danielle

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

Hey can we please put the beast melee mods separate from regular melee mods given the recent change to beast companions?
It makes finding their mods in the codex and inventory needlessly difficult, and annoying for trade too

• Like 3