The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Grind Whine) Mutagen Sample Drop Rate Is Ridiculous.

SackScratch116

Moving Mutagen Mass to derelicts was bad enough but

the drop rate is really abysmal.

One or, maybe, two per mission...

If I search EVERY container.

C'mon, DE, grinding grind is grindy did you hire some guys

from North Korea to help add grind to the grinding ?? :(

Edit: Meant "Samples" not "Mass", age is catching up to me... :P

*Corrected title.*

Edited by SackScratch116

So you're complaining that Mutagen Masses were added to OD and you're complaining that you're not getting enough of it? I'm sorry, but that's terrible logic.

Just looking at your post count , you are probably news players , but Any infested used to drop them way more than current system ,We was dropping them more withouth OD,lucky for myself I had my stock before this

I'm sorry, but that's terrible logic.

On DE's part, yes. The move to the Derelicts for Mutagens was not received well by pretty much anyone, and, as the playerbase predicted back in September, it only serves to give people a reason to go back to the Derelicts after obtaining Nekros and all necessary Corrupted mods.

Rather than making the maps easier to access or more rewarding, DE decided to leave the Derelicts as they are.

Ugh. The memories of the drama of September are all coming back to me.

On DE's part, yes. The move to the Derelicts for Mutagens was not received well by pretty much anyone, and, as the playerbase predicted back in September, it only serves to give people a reason to go back to the Derelicts after obtaining Nekros and all necessary Corrupted mods.

Rather than making the maps easier to access or more rewarding, DE decided to leave the Derelicts as they are.

Ugh. The memories of the drama of September are all coming back to me.

You and me both. 

At least now they nerfed the Acrid out of the 'best weapon ever' spot, thus making your ability to collect mutagen somewhat less relevant than it once was. 

My clan is currently stuck trying to research the Team Heal restores (even the small one), mainly because of lack of Mutagen samples. The drop rate in Derelicts is fairly low there and the Mutagen Sample requirements are just ridiculously high for a Moon clan. Fortunately, we managed to get the clantech weapons done, but the rest of the research really suffers now.

The fact that the Detonite Ampulles and Fieldron Samples drop like snow in all other missions on every single planet makes it very unbalanced and has resulted in most of us in the clan having gajillions of Detonite/Fieldron, but no Mutagen Samples to speak of.

I feel DE's decision to move them to Derelicts only was a bad one, because it would make sense if the Mutagen Samples would drop off common Infested all over the systems. In my opinion, they should be determined by mob faction, not system.

Resource drop rates and locations as a whole needs an overhaul at this point.

Agreed. Jupiter being the only system dropping Neural Sensors, and item description telling they are sensors harvested from Infested enemies. Jupiter doesn't have a single Infested node, only Corpus now, after the Alad V event.

Makes sense? :p

I have a theory - 

The thing was that the last time they looked at this in depth Acrid was BROKEN good, and (presumably) they wanted people to really earn them. There's other good weapons in research, but none of them were even close to the Acrid's standards. They were mastery locked, and they still asked for a lot of resources so it was ok. Acrid on the other hand was a buzzsaw that wrecked every enemy ever. Sooo they tossed mutagen out to the void and made Acrid harder to get. You had to farm keys AND derelict missions to get one. 

Now that's all changed and Acrid is balanced (much to my chagrin - I had JUST got mine before it got nerfed) mutagen needs to come back in from the cold and be like all the other resources. 

Edited by LostAlone