Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infestation Should Be Scarier.

LascarCapable

You want it to be scarry? Jus add a little girl. ALWAYS works

Evil Lotus replica, with the voice of a little girl, that hijacks our communication channel and actively sabotages our mission by allerting enemies, blocking doors, switches off our mini map, creates enemy decoys, causes spontanous appearance of infested or calls in the fricking Stalker.

Now there is something worthy of being a Nightmare mode.

"This ship is Infested, kill anything that isn't a Tenno." A few seconds later. "Cha... cha... change of plan *voice starts cracking higher while the Lotus image flickers* there is a prisoner on bo... bo.... boarddddd. Free them." Map marker leads into an empty room. "*little girls voice* Look at you Betrayer. Just running around like little dogs, following your mistress. Without her you are aimless. Helpless. Worthless. Time to die!" Map dissapears, mission objective is titled "DIE". The players have to find the escape airlock, while survival style waves of enemies flood the lewel. If the players takes too long, a few broken transmissions by Lotus can be heared with the Extraction point shortly flickering on the map.

Edited by Othergrunty

None of that is scary, it'd be frustrating, because horror hinges on helplessness. And guess what is what we don't want in a game about badass space ninjas doing badass things?

That's not the point though. As they are, the infested don't even come close to painting as menacing an image in the minds of players as the Grineer would. They're more cartoonish in their presentation and how they act, and lack something that makes them cringe worthy. We don't want to turn the Infested into a survival horror type of shtick, but they need a face lift in lots of places. Looking/sounding/acting scary and being scary are two different things, but an enemy that is built to be a monster should at least play the part.

Make it super scary... make it not suitable for the faint of hearts.

Go too far and you run the risk of players not wanting to even mess with the infested. You have to keep it appropriate for the genre of the game (which is action/shooter) but still cut an imposing image.

So, no, it should not be unsuitable for the faint of hearts. Not everyone likes to watch a creepy Japanese tire commercial for the fun of it.

Make them look like this :3

DATA2012-08-2421-11-21-14.jpg

But seriously, I wanna fight something that makes me say "FINALLY KILLED THAT #@*&$@" when i kill it.

Zanuka is just a re-skinned Charger with different attacks

what about that Lephantis boss in the orokin derelict assassination mission, That will make you say "I FINALLY KILLED IT" jsut google warframe lephantis

If DE actually does change this and make it to where you can only rely on your flashlight on infested mission, well I hope we'll all have fun when the Stalker shows up along with a horde of infested. Since you're only source of sanity is in that flashlight, I know I'm going to have one hell of a time fighting in the dark. xD

If DE actually does change this and make it to where you can only rely on your flashlight on infested mission, well I hope we'll all have fun when the Stalker shows up along with a horde of infested. Since you're only source of sanity is in that flashlight, I know I'm going to have one hell of a time fighting in the dark. xD

a white colored frost and bloom should "lighten" things up

a heavier infested which will have stalker's light blinking effect and will morph its target, when it morph complete, it will be half the infected original look, and half ur warframe/ corpus/ grineer(when infest invasion) look, and have the morphed target weapons, it will move like a zombie, just my imagine >>

Make them look like this :3

DATA2012-08-2421-11-21-14.jpg

But seriously, I wanna fight something that makes me say "FINALLY KILLED THAT #@*&$@" when i kill it.

Zanuka is just a re-skinned Charger with different attacks

Still not as freaky as that sh*t. D:

RE4Regenerator.jpg

I should find a video about it.

Edited by Einde