Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infestation Should Be Scarier.

LascarCapable

I second that. The Infest should be scary and creepy! When i first started playing Warframe (in Update7 or 8) the first time i came across the Infested i was like "wtf?". They were fast and nasty, now!? Mehhhhh. 

The Infested should really be revised. 

They are scary. You're just desensitized. Your shotgun ripping through them making them look like swiss cheese tends to have this effect.

They use to be freaky when I just started but your right.

They still are. Get a straight braton, lato, and skana, and fresh Excalibur. Now go to an infested planet, turn off your lights, put on some headphones and enjoy. The only reason they're not scary to us now is because we're using big guns for a small problem. After you've run that mission against the infested, level up a bit, then go solo lephantis with that same build. I promise you won't complain about them not being scary anymore.

That's your opinion, ask corporal Hudson what he thinks.

Corporal Hudson had the triple disadvantage of being fictional, at constant risk of severe bodily harm and without an overwhelming advantage in firepower.

Meanwhile the infested are pixels on our screens and we are overpowered space ninjas with big guns.

Edited by Kyte

Darker ships would just be a pain with all the CC this game have.

Someone suggested a Crawler Centipede. I want that.

Randomised ennemies, red lights, less predictibility overall would make the infested scarier.

But OF COURSE, adding a rare new ennemy that pop randomly and is hard to kill, for scares purposes, is just begging for it to be the only one to drop "that one mod". See electrical crawler problem...

PS: To the guy who posted the Thing stuff: THANKS. I WANTED TO SLEEP TONIGHT. GUESS NOT.

I remember back when they had the chargers bark at us, I would always freak out whenever I heard that noise.

Also, if possible you could have some special infested thing on locked doors or functional ventilation shafts so they could suddenly pop out, that would give your little bursting from walls fetish and also have you check your corners a lot more.

For non exterminate and defense maps they should spawn everywhere not just in rooms to really give the feeling of ohh crap infestation everywhere.  Make them pull off from the meat moss or something.  They should really be swarming compared to other factions since they just melee for the most part.

Also since impedance exists, though not many people run it, they can have added risk from them coming from any direction.  If they do just pop up near you have tell tale signs like the stalker flicker.  Then you can think "What was that?  Where is it?". If you know the spawn rooms and expected pathing you can't be surprised and won't need to double take.

In short I support more ambush type attacks in the future for all factions, especially the infested though.  After you play a while you know how the levels run.

Edited by Rankless

I remember back when they had the chargers bark at us, I would always freak out whenever I heard that noise.

Also, if possible you could have some special infested thing on locked doors or functional ventilation shafts so they could suddenly pop out, that would give your little bursting from walls fetish and also have you check your corners a lot more.

Oh ya ... I remember when I was playing in the closed beta...scary howls and dark-red lights in infested ships...why are we not using those dark-red lights anymore I have no idea :| they were scary as hell.

You need more than just appearance to make things scary.

The biggest factor in making something scary is how it acts or behaves. You can make something look incredibly grotesque but it won't be very scary if the only thing it does is constantly bum-rushes you in huge, easy to shoot groups like a bunch of derps.

And not to mention the environment. Without atmosphere and intelligence, it's just repetitive and predictable.

Edited by FatalX7

...We could start with an something like that : it would look like an emaciated human looking thing, that acts passively until you put your crosshair on it. Then it will start to look at you and twitching, until it teleport/become invisible to reappear some seconds later somewhere near you  (with an horrible scream) and smack you down. Just a dumb idea.

As soon as I read this I had flashbacks of fighting Banshees in ME3.

Actually, I think that we shall just think about a special infested mob more than a redesign. Something that would be the true trademark of the faction : Corpus have fusion MOAs, Grineer have Napalms, and for the Infestation we could have ancients, but they're not as great we would say.

It should be something at least startling for the player, a bit like in DS when a necro suddenly burst out a vent, or any way else. It doesn't have to be REALLY hard to fight too. Just take the regenerators from RE4... Okay it's a bit tough, but I found it more scary than hard (anyway each time I saw it, I pee'd on myself).

So let's make a startling thing with an ugly face and wierd behavour that hit hard.

Infestation should be more scary?

We're bunch of space ninjas, armed to the teeth. There is no such thing as "scary" in our vocabulary.

But then there's this guy, Ancient Disruptor.

And he can be scary when you get disrupted in the middle of Hysteria

And quick suggestion - new enemy, infested Tenno. That would be interesting to fight against.

It would definetly help if the missions/infected ships, were dark and moody lit, like they used to be back in the day...

I really miss that, made a much darker feel/athmosphere to those infested missions,..

but yeah, guess they could be more nasty looking too,..

By scarier, I don't mean harder to fight. Just creepier.

Infestation is a damn sentient alien virus/parasite/bacteria/whatever that cause horribles biologic mutations, still these little guys don't give me the creeps. Maybe we should add something like another infected that would act like an environemental hazard or whatever. We have quite a lot of thing on which we can inspire us maybe.

We could start with an something like that : it would look like an emaciated human looking thing, that acts passively until you put your crosshair on it. Then it will start to look at you and twitching, until it teleport/become invisible to reappear some seconds later somewhere near you  (with an horrible scream) and smack you down. Just a dumb idea.

So, should we make the infestation really more freaky ?

Just like the Witch in L4D2 :D

I distinctly remember the first infested mission I played.  It was exterminate and on the Grineer Asteroid tile set.  I seem to remember killing most of the infested in that first room.  I can't remember when this happened, but it was back when there were hardly any tile sets (most of the missions, at least on the early planets, were all what is now the corpus ship tile set).  Anyways, it was darker than sin and I was definitely not expecting the subsequent bum rush of infested.  I actually retreated to a stack of crates and just sat on top shooting at whatever approached.  I was in 'all of my nope' mode through the whole damn mission.  After the first wave I creeped around in a very un-warframe manner, always looking for the lighted areas.  After that first mission they quickly lost the creepy factor for me and are now just meh (well, not now now, I'm in Afghanistan and can't play until March, which sucks by the way).  Still, I think its impressive they could be creepy in the first place.