Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brakk Nerf Megathread - Post Your Thoughts!

Kato-san

I'm not happy with this Nerf, which is undoubtedly a result of a thread here from earlier this week.  The person who started it was someone who wasn't able to participate because he and his wife were having a child.

Through the beginning of that thread he kept claiming how it wasn't fair that there were other players running around with a weapon that outclassed all other weapons.

I am not on the side of nerfing things ever.  However, I do feel that players who don't have access to event exclusives should be able to obtain a weapon in game that is comparable.

Towards the end of the thread I suggested that rather than nerfing a particular weapon, that perhaps 2-3 other similar weapons should be buffed to the same level.  The OP was very happy with that response.  I was banking on DE reading through that last bit.  Maybe they missed it?

The devs could have added some puncture and slash damage to the Bronco Prime (I'm not saying the same levels and thus turning it into the same weapon) and therefore made it THE non-exclusive hand cannon for players who missed the event to eventually get just from playing the game on their own time.

I really hope that DE doesn't keep on nerfing event exclusives.  These event exclusives and the events themselves are what rallies us old-timers and veteran players to come back to the game.  It's what brings clans and their members closer.  That is the heart of this game...  Which is good teamwork.

Offering an exclusive weapon, of which we know will look cool and be powerful, to know that now as a pattern of action that it will eventually be nerfed is very much a turn-off.

I really suggest that also the devs, before considering feedback from posters requesting nerfs simply open up these user's Warframe profiles, to see how many hours in game, along with other various statistics to be sure that their feedback is pertinent.  I don't mean to use this as a way to discriminate against newbies.  What I mean is relevance.  If feedback is about something being too difficult for new players, then veteran players responses should not be as important, etc.  If someone is calling for a nerf on something that has existed in this game for quite some time and already been through the usual post release balances, then please make sure that this player has enough in-game time, experience to justify their claims.

In my recent anti-nerf posts I've gotten flak about my comments against nerf criers that I see have relatively few forum posts.  if it's someone who's been lurking around, but a long time player?  I apologize, but we have to consider that if someone's account shows 5-10 posts only comes in to ask for drastic change for this game.  How seriously should they be taken?  Especially if there's a backlash from active players saying that their posts make little sense.

I hope the developers read my post here, because I care about this game.  No doubt, they care about our feedback and that's why drastic changes have been happening each week and almost always a direct result of a controversial thread in General Discussion.

Please research these posters in game profiles and consider their experience, before making drastic changes to our favorite game.

Edited by sushidubya

Realistically, shotguns don't have the best range anyway.  The speed of buck/bird shot projectiles in the Real World (the scary place outside our doors/windows.  "Weather" happens there sometimes, but that might be a bug) drops considerably as more distance is covered.

I think increasing the spread of the shotguns would have been sufficient instead of the damage drop off though.  You shouldn't be able to snipe with a shotgun.  Anything over 20 meters would be hit by 1-3 pellets anyway. 

Weather is definitely a bug. I mean snow? Have you seen that stuff? It can just, become water! 

I think starting falloff a little later, or having it falloff slower and longer would be more reasonable though.  

MY POINT: DE is going to out the Fall-Off on every other Handshotgun now. Especially as people point out that the Brakk is the only one with. You can bank on the Detron for sure having it on release.

That doesn't mean we can't object to it. Damage falloff is ridiculous and only leads to the fast track to obsolescence. See every shotgun we have, they're practically joke weapons compared to their longer-ranged counterparts. The powercreep is going to continue, and people will find new overpowered sidearms to carry around instead, at least until the next shiny toy comes around.

Yeah, should of go with the Detron.

Which is going to have Damage Fall-Off as well.

Instead of a overall Damage Nerf. DE's just going to pigeon-hole all Handshotguns into the same close quarters only weapon. Welcome to Shotguns Round 2, now with Handcannon.

Sounds pretty odd.

Sounds pretty logical to me. At least from a business standpoint.

They can't make weapons that they can't sell to players eventualy.

Each weapon they create from scratch is made with a certain amount of man hours by the artists, the designers, the coders and the programmers. So giving these weapons out for free and in a very limited amount, means loss of money they could have made from them.

However making variations of these weapons is a different thing. They take less work to be created and since the base version still exist as buyable item the original creation can still net them a proft.

These variations are therefor completely free to be made exclusive and one of a kind, without a loss of profit. So their loyal and dedicated players can recieve a weapon that shows these two traits and also the signals their status as veterans of a certain stage of the game's history.

Now with that in mind the Brakk would be a loss for them if they kept them exclusive. However by also making sure the players who recieved the Brakk also automatically recieved a weapon variant, they would have free hand to make the Brakk buyable later. Since the players would still have the variant as unique symbol weapon.

well sudhidubya

think it like this:  how many people that think the brakk (or other weapons whatever) is ok as it is will WRITE this in the forums? i say from 100 people maybe 5

how many who dislike certain weapons and demand a nerf etc. will write on the forums? 90 from 100  at least.  sure DE will mostly see complaints and more complaints... all hail the whiners

Add falloff to every bloody weapon that uses physical ammo while you're at it because physics.
Everyone saying only shotguns should have falloff damage need to go back to school.
I demand everything nerfed, including enemy weapons.
Then add mods that reduce falloff damage by x% at the same price as the punch through mods.
There, that should balance everything out just fine.
I'll even forget about the 100p i wasted on potatoing my Brakk, promise.

You're all delusional if you think that the Brakk was supposed to be immune to nerfs. There's this strange concept called "balance", and it's the developers job to make sure that the balance of the game stays in-tact. As with everything overpowered, you need to realize first thing that if DE isn't completely incompetent, it's going to get nerfed eventually. This was the case with the Quick Thinking + Rage combo, and now it's the Brakk.

If you get Quick Thinking + Rage and spend the credits to max them out, if you get the Brakk and use forma to max it out, you don't suddenly become entitled to the evasion of balance nerfs. Yeah, using forma on a weapon only to have it nerfed later sucks, but that's just the way these things work. You need to get used to it because it's always going to be this way.

I doubt you have a brakk and I know you never even tried rage+qt before u11 since you started playing November 13, 2013.

Maybe you should play the game for a full month before preaching to us about "balance".

/thread

Edited by ADDpillz

I think the falloff was a little much. 10 meters is a little too close to pretty much immediately cut down to 25% damage. I went pretty much immediately from 128 damage consistently down to 32 outside of that 10 meters. Once it got outside of about the 20 meters it dropped down to 8. I don't much mind the gun having a damage falloff, I don't really like it because that was supposed to be the advantage of using a sidearm shotgun is not having that falloff. 

IMO the range should be a little longer, you should be able to get into a fight at about 15 meters without requiring 4x the bullets to do the same damage. I'm perfectly okay with not being able to snipe with it but pigeonholing it into basically knife fight ranges before dropping to a quarter of its damage and beyond is a little much.

Edited by LoneTonberry

... Because shotguns don't fire rounds that have a ballistic trajectory?

You do realise there's a fine art in the design of rifle and pistol chambers that causes the bullet to resist friction, travel straighter, farther, faster, and far more lethally than a shotgun pellet right?

I'd reccomend you watch the Mythbuster's Episode on the Falling Bullet, they go over the fact that a bullet fired straight up, can potentially not be lethal because it loses it's ballistic trajectory, effectively becoming a falling pebble rather than a bullet.

well sudhidubya

think it like this:  how many people that think the brakk (or other weapons whatever) is ok as it is will WRITE this in the forums? i say from 100 people maybe 5

how many who dislike certain weapons and demand a nerf etc. will write on the forums? 90 from 100  at least.  sure DE will mostly see complaints and more complaints... all hail the whiners

Right but seriously there should always be at least 5 or so top class weapons (per weapon type) and not simply 1 that's an event exclusive.  If there were other hand cannons that were slightly different (after all that's why there is even Damage 2.0) yet comparable in power (just different ratio of damage types) then there'd be nothing to complain about.

They could have buffed a couple of the other hand cannons, sub-machine pistols, etc. So that the particular user who started the thread earlier this week wouldn't feel so bad about not having that one weapon that outclassed everything else.

How about if the patch notes read:  "Buffed Bronco Prime to do different yet comparable damage to Brakk"

Doesn't that sound much better?  Brakk owners would be perfectly fine with that too!

Edited by sushidubya

... Because shotguns don't fire rounds that have a ballistic trajectory?

You do realise there's a fine art in the design of rifle and pistol chambers that causes the bullet to resist friction, travel straighter, farther, faster, and far more lethally than a shotgun pellet right?

I'd reccomend you watch the Mythbuster's Episode on the Falling Bullet, they go over the fact that a bullet fired straight up, can potentially not be lethal because it loses it's ballistic trajectory, effectively becoming a falling pebble rather than a bullet.

Science Mr. White!

You're all delusional if you think that the Brakk was supposed to be immune to nerfs. There's this strange concept called "balance", and it's the developers job to make sure that the balance of the game stays in-tact. As with everything overpowered, you need to realize first thing that if DE isn't completely incompetent, it's going to get nerfed eventually. This was the case with the Quick Thinking + Rage combo, and now it's the Brakk.

If you get Quick Thinking + Rage and spend the credits to max them out, if you get the Brakk and use forma to max it out, you don't suddenly become entitled to the evasion of balance nerfs. Yeah, using forma on a weapon only to have it nerfed later sucks, but that's just the way these things work. You need to get used to it because it's always going to be this way.

Pfft. Balance? Why the hell would a pve game with no end game needs balance? First, they should fix the damn mod system and second there are lots of bugs to attend to rather than with every damn patch, DE release new weapons or with every damn hotfix, atleast one good weapon nerfed for no reason. To those who are saying it's fine to nerf brakk, have you tried it at lvl 50 above missions? It's pretty much the same as any other secondary weapons?

P.S. Why only "members" creating topics about balance? Not being elitist because I'm a founder but please do refrain from being "a know it all".

Edited by Volkstein