Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Projected 11.5 Warframe And Tileset

DJ_Redwire

Honestly this U11.5 news seems much more exciting content-wise than U11's release in my opinion. (Valkyr in my opinion was a disppointing 'frame idea, and the Gas City tileset is cool but kinda boring)

Honestly I think the new tileset will either be a new "planet" or will be used on Earth. Hopefully this adds more missions to earth (It is the Grineer homeworld, so make it IMPORTANT) 

The upcoming 'frame will probably be nature based (either an animal such as an ape, bird, etc/ or an elemental: earth/stone, wind, or water)

The new event maybe will be the first player experience with the Jungle tileset, or may be connected to the infested Fomorians....

All speculation of course, but this U11.5 news is very exciting.

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

I am very skeptical of a Dec. 25th update. As much as I would love to open up a plethora of Warframe goodies on Chistmas morning/day and be like a 10 year old again opening presents, DE is just like any other company and I would be vastly surprised if even just a handful of staff devoted their time, even working from their homes, to putting out an update - let alone one as large as 11.5 is supposed to be. They should be devoting that time to being with friends and family on Christmas just like everybody else.

I will be overjoyed if I get to enjoy a nice juicy update on the 25th, but it's unreasonable to expect something like that. Just because it's Canada doesn't mean Christmas isn't a national holiday. :P

When you hover over earth it says it's mostly deserts and such, I'm guessing it will be on sedna or ceres. I mean phobos doesn't have atmosphere and venus, mars or neptune don't have snow.

Sedna orbits the Sun every 12,000 years, and it is further away from the Sun than Pluto, so not much chance of foliage there. Ceres barely has an atmosphere and is well out-side the habitable zone as well. If we want to see some semi-realism, then I think the jungle set will be best suited to Earth, or a Venus that has moved further away from the Sun and has started to cool down (depending on how far into the future we are in Warframe).

Also, in terms of the 'Frame I am wondering if it won't be a male alternate to Saryn. They have talked about doing something like that for a while now. I don't know if this will be the case, but it would suit the jungle theme.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

Sedna orbits the Sun every 12,000 years, and it is further away from the Sun than Pluto, so not much chance of foliage there. Ceres barely has an atmosphere and is well out-side the habitable zone as well. If we want to see some semi-realism, then I think the jungle set will be best suited to Earth, or a Venus that has moved further away from the Sun and has started to cool down (depending on how far into the future we are in Warframe).

Also, in terms of the 'Frame I am wondering if it won't be a male alternate to Saryn. They have talked about doing something like that for a while now. I don't know if this will be the case, but it would suit the jungle theme.

Phobos doesn't have atmosphere either. And if I remember right it's smaller than moon so it makes no sense it has a desert with ruins in it. Or blue sky.

Phobos doesn't have atmosphere either. And if I remember right it's smaller than moon so it makes no sense it has a desert with ruins in it. Or blue sky.

No, indeed Phobos doesn't really fit the tileset, but they put in Phobos before they started reworking existing planets to have new tilesets. I was merely speaking with regards to content going forward. At any rate, I would sooner see Sedna or Ceres left open for the Grineer Shipyard set that is also in the pipeline.

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

maybe phobos got terraformed in the centuries before?

The reason why you can't terraform small moons like Phobos or Deimos is because they don't have enough mass to hold down any atmospheric substance that you put there. You'd have to first increase its mass, which no doubt would take a substantial amount of resources. On top of that, Phobos has a very tight orbit around Mars, so increasing its mass to the amount that it would be able to foster even a thin, frail atmosphere would essentially smash it into the martian surface, because Phobos' actual telemetry has it crashing into Mars approximately 30-50 millions years from now.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

There's still some planets that lack bosses, so there's always the chance that we get another multi-boss assassination mission on one of those, with some shuffling-around of existing bosses of need be.

I can already see it!

Fight your way through the thick underwood and dense jungle vegetation, smash grineer stationary guns and missile batteries to open path for your fellow tenno, slaughter entire garrisons of troops, to finally reach the bunker-fortress, to crash Vay Hek's poker night and steal blueprints for the frame he was gambling for. (Do note that Vay Hek never lost at poker. He shot first.)

As for the frame itself?

It may be plant-related...and it has tentacles!

Bulbaframe!

Edited by ScorpDK

Hmm, as for the new warframe i'm pretty sure that it will be a male frame. It will have "magical" powers, come with an alternate helmet (and possibly an alternate syandana), will come with a new heavy melee weapon (been a while since we last saw one of those) and probably going to be dropped by the new Vay Hek.

What about Galatine? Just came out a while ago...Before Dual Kama and Cesta.

I kinda hope the new Warframe will be a little bit less...Warframe-like.

Ever since I saw Zanuka, I've been hoping we'll have some different styled Frames similar to more...Animal aspect?

Either way, it'll be nice to see a new Frame.

Edited by AnryViper

I think your internal clock is experiencing technical difficulties.

Elaborate?

Valkyr came out not long after Galatine came out.

Gram reskin does not count as a new release.

New release melee weapons ( as I recall )

Lecta from Valkyr bundle + Glaive Prime  *Mentioned Cestra in previous post, not a melee weapon; Does not count.

Dual Kama

So yea, elaborate? What does this have to do with my internal clock?

Elaborate?

Valkyr came out not long after Galatine came out.

Gram reskin does not count as a new release.

New release melee weapons ( as I recall )

Lecta from Valkyr bundle + Glaive Prime  *Mentioned Cestra in previous post, not a melee weapon; Does not count.

Dual Kama

So yea, elaborate? What does this have to do with my internal clock?

You said, in the post he quoted, that Galatine came AFTER dual kama and cestra which is not true.

Edited by General_Krull

I'm more hyped for this update then I was for update 11. From the things I've seen, I'm guessing the new frame will be animal themed, Or a plantframe. The most logical place to put the jungle tileset would be earth. I also Cant wait for the melee improvements coming out.