Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Usually Rant, But Update 11.3...

EganMC

The reason I don't like this new damage chart is because elements aren't effective against anything now, you need 2 combos to be able to do damage to one enemy. This is not encouraging diversity, all it is now is just throw in as many elementals in a set order to be able to do damage, and the rest is just base damage mods, no other ways to do anything now.

The reason I don't like this new damage chart is because elements aren't effective against anything now, you need 2 combos to be able to do damage to one enemy. This is not encouraging diversity, all it is now is just throw in as many elementals in a set order to be able to do damage, and the rest is just base damage mods, no other ways to do anything now.

Aka u spend more time on forma.

oh god.

before saying something like that try to calculate affinity income to time, mods income to time ok?

Before saying something like what?

That you should do infested defense missions for XP / mods rather than the spy mission you suggested?

Try thinking before you type. Ok?

I'm really really upset at how they are changing this game.  It is not "tweaks" either.  It is a down right rework of things that needed to be tweaked and got slaughtered and sewn back together.  Damage 2.0 is garbage, I don't care what any of you fan boys try to say, it is rubbish. Now, not even a few weeks after the new 2.0 they go and change it AGAIN!!!?? WTF.  I've dumped a lot of money in to this game because I like(d) it but now, if I could, I'd be asking for my money back and uninstalling.  The ninja nerfs (Mags demise wasn't published) and multiple other things have turned this game in to a giant F'ing time sink.  This isn't a Pay to Play game so stop making things take longer to accomplish and actually fix the end game instead of ninja nerfing things so it takes longer to do. 

Someone said it was laziness that was making people hate damage 2.0 and that is hogwash! No one in their right mind should think this damage 2.0 mess is good for this game.  Or if it was then it has wet the bed now and I will not play until it has been changed back to 2.0 damage, that i was at least getting familiar with.  I will also be VERY vocal to people who ask me about this game.  New players, players I've recently recruited to the game and as many ears/eyes as I can reach that this game is changing for the worse and that it is no different than any other MMO out there.  Sad but true.  This has reached a boiling point with me and I can no longer support a game that does a complete 180 every other patch.

I've just finished the third forma on the Synapse, because for a while Corrosive was a good all-purpose build for Towers. Now am I to switch weapons after depleting each enemy's armor or shields? That might sound like fun to DE, but it does not to me. Tower survival beyond 30, 40 minutes is chaos. The mobs are thick and fast. They need to be AoE'd. There's not time to be switching weapons half way through killing each individual mob. It's too chaotic to try to coordinate weapon use between team members against particular mobs. 

This change nerfs all clan tech in towers. No toxin-based builds are useful for towers, at all. Heat + electric for radiation, + cold balances out - and we're back to the rainbow build of old. Was that the intention?

Before saying something like what?

That you should do infested defense missions for XP / mods rather than the spy mission you suggested?

Try thinking before you type. Ok?

i do, but what did you said? run same survival/defense/ mobile defenses?

survival, defense and other mobile defenses do not provide same income of xp and mods for a given period of time simply because of kill count for a mission. it is simple as that. you can't kill 1400-1500 on Kappa or Kiste and get 60-70 mods as drop in the end, you just can't.

so loss of Cyath is actually a huge blow.

I'm really really upset at how they are changing this game.  It is not "tweaks" either.  It is a down right rework of things that needed to be tweaked and got slaughtered and sewn back together.  Damage 2.0 is garbage, I don't care what any of you fan boys try to say, it is rubbish. Now, not even a few weeks after the new 2.0 they go and change it AGAIN!!!?? WTF.  I've dumped a lot of money in to this game because I like(d) it but now, if I could, I'd be asking for my money back and uninstalling.  The ninja nerfs (Mags demise wasn't published) and multiple other things have turned this game in to a giant F'ing time sink.  This isn't a Pay to Play game so stop making things take longer to accomplish and actually fix the end game instead of ninja nerfing things so it takes longer to do. 

Someone said it was laziness that was making people hate damage 2.0 and that is hogwash! No one in their right mind should think this damage 2.0 mess is good for this game.  Or if it was then it has wet the bed now and I will not play until it has been changed back to 2.0 damage, that i was at least getting familiar with.  I will also be VERY vocal to people who ask me about this game.  New players, players I've recently recruited to the game and as many ears/eyes as I can reach that this game is changing for the worse and that it is no different than any other MMO out there.  Sad but true.  This has reached a boiling point with me and I can no longer support a game that does a complete 180 every other patch.

I haven't even been able to stomach playing the game since damage 2.0

But I keep reading about what a fantastic update it was. I didn't spend months getting my weapons just so, getting exactly what I enjoyed and wanted and spending money on it just to have it nerfed into the ground and start it all over again.

Why should I invest time and money in gear via taters, forma and mats only to have everything change dramatically a few months down the line making my work pointless?

This is not how you foster customer satisfaction or loyalty. And you guys can chime in all you like about how it's beta but that does not change the fact that they are selling us a product (and sure you can get it free, but they will happily take your money) and it does not change the fact that we all have our own wants and needs. Beta doesn't translate to opinion on changes invalid.

While i am not against infected being invasion or derelict only (Lorewise makes sense, besides ,it's not so hard to farm nav in general),Op has spoken correctly about the new damage system.It's downright dumb.
So WHY should i bother anything but ice?Let alone,any frame BUT frost?Ice has no negative multiplier, and even has a bonus against shield,which is amazing.
Why on hearth FIRE has no positive multiplier agianst infected?I mean,if we are going for realistic (With that crazy -75% magnetic against flesh, that is debatable,since flesh is filled with blood,wich is FILLED WITH IRON particles and those are magnetic if i remeber correctly.) why FIRE isn't a big deal for the organic,UNARMORED fleshy infected?Same story with slash!
Oh ,a sword to the face is so damaging,but same sword to a distorted, rotten and with all probability squishier face is no big deal at all??Are we going at random?
And viral too sucks rollers.
BADLY.Great work.

Keep the infested as an invasion faction, BUT PLEASE, USE YOUR BRAIN A LITTLE HARDER FOR THE DAMAGE TABLE.

It's dreadful.

Just when I was finally getting Damage 2.0 down, they go ahead and swap everything around in a horrible arrangement.

Now Frost is extremely powerful, Saryn is quite powerful and Ember, Volt and Mag have been thrown into the bin.

Just as Volt was starting to get good...

Not only that, the new damage system is just generally poorly built.

Magnetic damage now does +75% to Shields, but -75% to Flesh...

Why would you make a certain element very powerful against one half of a faction, and terrible against the rest?

Not to mention, to make this effective, I have to switch weapons every time I get rid of the shields of a crewman just to take out his health with decent speed!

Also, Viral is just a completely useless element now.

This cacophony of nonsense is causing headaches all around, and I haven't yet found a single person who's likes them.

Not only that, but DE also removed fixed Infested missions.

So popular Infested defenses, such as Xini, are useless?

Good one.

Not only that, it seems Vauban has lost his happy place.

He really shone during infested defense missions, and now he's all warped.

Now it's just 4 frosts in every mission, with the very occasional Saryn.

Now I'm having to purchase an OD key every time I want to do a decent Infested defense, which is running me ragged.

This update is just too poor for me to remain silent about.

I can't even be excited about the changes that I find decent in 11.3 because this new damage system is too much hassle.

Again, I usually hate ranting, but this system is just a huge slap to the face.

And I wish I could be more constructive about it, but the only thing I can suggest is... change it back.

Just...

Ech.tumblr_m1aquipEg91r2ekwko9_250.gif

No offense, but if you were using Viral for the base damage increase you were doing it wrong. Viral's infinitely stacking 50% max health debuff is why you use it.

Also: want to do an infested defense? Wait for them to spread or just run a derelict defense.

No offense, but if you were using Viral for the base damage increase you were doing it wrong. Viral's infinitely stacking 50% max health debuff is why you use it.

Also: want to do an infested defense? Wait for them to spread or just run a derelict defense.

I never used Viral, but a useless element in ANY form is still a flaw in design.

First of all, I'm more upset that a premier farming point such as Xini was removed.

Also, apparently there is a 12-36 hour downtime between infested invasions.

I shouldn't have to wait that long.

I'd rather not build a key every time I wanted to do infested defense.

It also eliminates any form of PUGs on infested defense, and the ones on Xini+ usually were the good group that wanted to stay for a long time.

Now, I have to gather a group each time I do one defense.

It's just the little things in the game that make everything a whole lot nicer to do.

Why remove them, and why put up with them being removed.

Volt was nerfed? What exactly did they do to nerf him?

His damage element, Electric, was reworked badly. Edited by EganMC

Tbh i dont really like the changes they did... they basically nerfed all the elements

new combos are possible but the effectiviness of everything has been reduced

The point of the game is like the gas prices.  They keep removing options and what people like until they stop and soon we will just get used to being screwed over for the hard earned cash we spend on the game.

This update had the invasion changes too Krull. The invasion has a much less negative reception for whatever reason.

Except invasions are exterminations in the same maps which you have to repeat multiple times if you want rewards. As for infested invasions, they are normal infested missions only with friendly AI that gets in your way. Oh yeah and they are limited time and no way to know which enemies spawn where, and they removed infested bosses for them making Volt and Nyx alert frames.

OH! And I nearly forgot! No infested survivals means less chances of getting void keys with reasonable effort. I hope you enjoy fighting level 50ish grineer napalms or corpus to maybe get a void key you wanted.

Edited by General_Krull

Except invasions are exterminations in the same maps which you have to repeat multiple times if you want rewards. As for infested invasions, they are normal infested missions only with friendly AI that gets in your way. Oh yeah and they are limited time and no way to know which enemies spawn where, and they removed infested bosses for them making Volt and Nyx alert frames.

OH! And I nearly forgot! No infested survivals means less chances of getting void keys with reasonable effort. I hope you enjoy fighting level 50ish grineer napalms or corpus to maybe get a void key you wanted.

Oh no I don't I'm just claiming this is what I took away from this guy.