Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Polite And Unironic Reply Of A Warbros About Proportionate Shared Affinity.

Eremes

Rather that wasting my time there, id rather post a expanded explanation why this is a terrible idea and just abandon this thread because i do not belive anything will come out of it. DE surely dont need noone telling them how to do their job, im just showing you why warbros ask if you do play the game. If you havent read, good for you, just dont reply.

Id start with something fantastically simple. You got on the game and you want to level 3 brand new weapons in your favorite frame because your paycheck arrived and boy do that magnus looks good! So you get a boltor too because you heard of its buff and its quite a nice gun, it just lacked a punch to compete with things like dera, isnt it nice? Its even a tenno weapon too! But its missing a melee weapon, and you cant really let it be! You look on the many many many choices and decide to get dual ether, a weapon made by tennos to mercy kill infested! Everything looks fine for you to start the game and maybe work on your next rank, maybe you even got some boosters or decided to join a invasion map on earth, and so you decide to play the game a few times before thinking in modding your new additions in your private arsenal.

Five games later, you feel confident in your choices. Your guns reached a good level and now you decide to mod them. But lo and behold, you feel as if your dual ether had not leveled as much as it should! Id wager they would be at 2/3rds of what boltor and magnus would be! But didnt you used them evenly? Yes, you did. How could you not use such a cool blade, or that strong hitscan pocket sniper? And boltor, helping you to rediscover the interior redecorating warrior you never knew you where?

The answer would lie right there on the arsenal screen. Magnus in all its magnifcient glory has 225 damage per second give or take. Boltor, now that has its much needed buff, is helping you hang trophies and make blooper videos with fantastic 220 damage per second. Dual ether, with all the edge in the world, has on normal attacks ~40 damage per second, 100 of charged damage every ~0.4 seconds. At some point no modding would help dual ether to match the damage that any of its long range counterpart does, simply because rifle and pistol mods scale as well as melee does. 250% of less damage is still less damage.

Had you used dual ether on damage 1,0, it would be slightly better but not by much. On infested the swords would do 120 DPS with normal swing, and its charge attack would ignore armor, having one of the fastest charge attacks, it was possible to spam it and cause good damage to grineer and infested alike. Dual ether was one of the few weapons that were claimed to be viable on endgame due to its quick charge and innate higher base damage. Damage 2,0 means that slash melees do meager 50% more instead of 300% on infested and the charge attacks would lose their armor ignoring hability, making killing grineer with melees a true chore.

In fact the only means to level such weapons would be on the entry level planets until it could use mods to maybe do something on earth, but theres no low level infested to train melee on. Damage 2,0 removed the little power melee weapons almost didnt have, and soon there will be no specific way to rank those weapons. Mind you, dual ether is not your average melee weapon, it was viable as a endgame and can still match most charged heavy weapons. So why does a rank 13 player feels stuck to beginner areas if any other weapon can be used on mid level areas already? And what about other, less powerful melee weapons? 

Before this patch was announced the only means to level the non-viable melees were leeching, after this i am certain there will be no means to do so realistically.

Do you see the issue? I simply cannot expand any more without becoming redundant. I hope i have shed some light on the situation. I will make no suggestions on how to fix this and i hope that instead of this patch to be reversed or not implemented, to see melee weapons buffed all across the board to have them as useable and thus rewarding no matter what.

Edited by Eremes

No offence but what does you being in Warbros have to do with your post? I doubt anyone cares what clan you belong to. As for the point of the post, yeah I agree they need to buff alot of the melee weapons. Melee in general isn't really viable when the other 3 people on your team blast the enemies out of your way before you even reach them.

No offence but what does you being in Warbros have to do with your post? I doubt anyone cares what clan you belong to. As for the point of the post, yeah I agree they need to buff alot of the melee weapons. Melee in general isn't really viable when the other 3 people on your team blast the enemies out of your way before you even reach them.

Because warbros is the best clan in warframe.

You're just upset that you aren't sleek enough to make the cut.

let's not jump into conclusions, i'm sure your that clan is fine and dandy.

As for the post, yes it is more about melee system which actually shows the weakness of glen's idea. 

I can't even imagine what kind of madman would use his melee constantly on nightmare modes without cookie cutter warframes.

Because we are the best. We win everything and all of us have huge amounts of experience in this game.

Your thread is complaining about melee viability more than Affinity splitting.

Was that intended, or did you get side-tracked?

With the new Affinity splitting, it's become painfully apparent how not viable Melee has become.

Sure, i could take my Rank 30 Galatine into an infested map with my Rhino and just go swooping away at crowds of Infested, but only on lower levels.

Wich really kills the fun for new people if there's a Rhino just going about, killing most infected in 1 hit and then jogging along until the next pack comes along, and most of the time they don't keep up, wich puts them out of Affinity range, because they want to open every locker and smash every container to get all the oh so abundant loot.

The point is really that either DE has to get the melee and damage systems balanced, stick with the current affinity system or find a better solution, because the one currently proposed is one that will make me hit 5 million grineer with unranked Furax and still be outclassed/have my kills stolen by people who are actually shooting things with their other unranked things

You're missing one big complaint for people who already have it coming - er, I mean, people who play in pubs. Random player #4 wants to level his new Jaw Sword on T3 Defense, and the most effective way to do that is get *one* kill with it and *zero* kills for the rest of the match. Let's hope players #1, #2, and #3 aren't also leveling S#&$ty melee weapons!

With the new Affinity splitting, it's become painfully apparent how not viable Melee has become.

Sure, i could take my Rank 30 Galatine into an infested map with my Rhino and just go swooping away at crowds of Infested, but only on lower levels.

Wich really kills the fun for new people if there's a Rhino just going about, killing most infected in 1 hit and then jogging along until the next pack comes along, and most of the time they don't keep up, wich puts them out of Affinity range, because they want to open every locker and smash every container to get all the oh so abundant loot.

The point is really that either DE has to get the melee and damage systems balanced, stick with the current affinity system or find a better solution, because the one currently proposed is one that will make me hit 5 million grineer with unranked Furax and still be outclassed/have my kills stolen by people who are actually shooting things with their other unranked things

I agree completely; just checking.

Nah, they were selling clan entries, exploiting Alienware giveaway and much more. Pretty decent bunch of humans beings.

And they do tend to be high and mighty at some times. With no obvious reason.

Everyone and their grandmother exploited alienware giveaway, when it was still open to exploitation. And I assume you've got proof that someone actually took money for exchange for an invite, right? Maybe you should stop listening to gossip and try using commong sense sometimes.

Is Warbros like a Brony clan? The word bro is used a lot so wondered if it this was just a joke topic because the title said Warbros or is Warbros like a general acknowledgment of all players being "bros"?

We're the broniest. I know it for a fact that we outbrony even cutie mark crusaders.

Edited by Deicul

By waving your clan name around like it was a trophy diverted the topic at hand, GJ OP.

But it is a trophy. Just go and check event leaderboards. That aside, OP has a valid point -- fixing melee should involve fixing the actual melee and not forcing people to use it, while it's still in this miserable state.

I agree. Might I add that on defense type of missions, the experience problem can become even more worse because there are players that will camp at the spawns and kill all for them so essentially this only encourages the selfish spawn campers to camp more and get even more experience while leaving everyone who are playing properly, without any experience whatsoever. What is the point in this change? It makes sense yes, but this game has to sort out all it's loose ends on that section before implementing the new way of getting experience. Even if the new system would still share your allies experience with you, it still would give more reason for the spawn campers to play more like that instead of encouraging them to stay near objective.