Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons Fine For What You Have To Go Through?

FableTale

Once again started a topic to ask a question to the community.

Do you believe the Prime weapons are fine the way they are, for what you have to go through?

It's not mystery by now that the only way to obtain prime weapons is by pure luck. While weapons in the market are about just as good to be honest.

So do you believe that prime weapons need a buff to match the difficulty of obtaining them? Or they are fine the way they are?

I think they're alright, most get at least a slight boost over their normal counterparts. this slight boost doesn't really justify the time spent farming them, but I think prime weapons are more like trophies, and for that, the farming is fine. clantech and other normal weapons are suitable, if not better than prime weapons, but if you want to go head to head against the RNG to get your prime gear, then that's fine too, and the prime weapons simply represent the time you put into farming it

Well I use Prime gear as an excuse to just play the game and do Void missions. Whether I get the item I wanted or not, I don't really care that much. (Aside from the Prime Warframes) Although saying that, I do have all the Primes other than Glaive and Sicarus so consider that when reading my opinion >_> I don't even use any of my primes, they just sit there in my inventory. (Again, excluding Prime Warframes)

So I believe a buff is unnecessary. They're pretty and good as trophies and can be viable in combat if you want to.

Edited by Liacu

But both Latron Prime and Dakra Prime are not bad. I think the worst Prime right now is Paris Prime.

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Latron Prime and Dakra Prime are garbage against enemies above level 40. Paris Prime actually has endgame viability and is still quite powerful. 

Yes Prime weapons are fine. They are for people who want to spend the time to get them, and are rewarded for being more powerful, but not far more so than their counterparts. They are also worth it just because they look great, just like the Prime frames.

Non-prime weapons like Soma are just exceptions I guess because everybody should have access to at least a few guns that will give them a chance at getting everything else.

So, you think weapons awarded through RNG should be the best items in shooters as well as RPGs ?

No, I do not think they should be the best items but they should be held at a higher standard. When the player is awarded the item they should think

"Oh for sure I am going to use this over its original counterpart"

Not

"Eh I have it. Might as well level it to rank 30 for mastery points"

They should have the mind set that it can compete against higher quality weapons.

Then you don't know what you're talking about. Latron Prime and Dakra Prime are garbage against enemies above level 40. Paris Prime actually has endgame viability and is still quite powerful. 

I missed some Paris Prime buff? Are maybe you're still in Damage 1.0? Last time I checked Paris Prime's DPS was about the same as Latron Prime's DPS. And it's not good enough to be viable for endgame.

Paris Prime is completely inferior to actual snipers in every category but status chance, which is largely irrelevant right now anyway. Sniping weapons in general are a gimmick because you kill more time-efficiently with weapons from every other category of primary.

Edited by Leuca

I missed some Paris Prime buff? Are maybe you're still in Damage 1.0? Last time I checked Paris Prime's DPS was about the same as Latron Prime's DPS. And it's not good enough to be viable for endgame.

Except that Paris Prime and all other Bows can use Thunderbolt, which is actually good now.

Edited by Plasmaface

Except that Paris Prime and all other Bows can use Thunderbolt, which is actually good now.

Sacrificing the ability to shoot at point blank range without taking out some of your shields on a bow is not ideal, and this mod still doesn't even start to make bow dps rival anything else.

...Paris Prime DPS is about 2k, Latron Prime's DPS is about 15k..

Source information: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/143895-damage-20-spreadsheet/ -/- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=drive_web#gid=2

I think Primes need to be a cream of the crop similar to Clan weapons, while not more powerful directly, but specialized more and come preset with 3-4 polarities. Bows in general need a significant boost similar to bolto/boltor(both of which almost doubled in their base damage) as a start but in general boost them similar to the Lanka's innate punch through. To really gain the most out of stealth attacks if not have a special bonus when using bows for unalerted enemies gain an additional 2x to 3x multiplier, similar to Loki and Ash's stealth multipliers.

I think Primes need to be a cream of the crop similar to Clan weapons, while not more powerful directly, but specialized more and come preset with 3-4 polarities. Bows in general need a significant boost similar to bolto/boltor(both of which almost doubled in their base damage) as a start but in general boost them similar to the Lanka's innate punch through. To really gain the most out of stealth attacks if not have a special bonus when using bows for unalerted enemies gain an additional 2x to 3x multiplier, similar to Loki and Ash's stealth multipliers.

I too think that they should come with polarities. Maybe 3 or 4 is too much though I think they should come with at least 2.

Once again started a topic to ask a question to the community.

Do you believe the Prime weapons are fine the way they are, for what you have to go through?

It's not mystery by now that the only way to obtain prime weapons is by pure luck. While weapons in the market are about just as good to be honest.

So do you believe that prime weapons need a buff to match the difficulty of obtaining them? Or they are fine the way they are?

For the most part Primed weapons are just better versions of an unprimed counterpart you may like. So if you like the feel of a weapon the primed variant would usually be a better place to go. No, I do not think they should recrive any sort of massive buff if that is what you are implying here. Luck should not = pure victory. Almost any weapon can compete with others once they have been modded to hell and back so I don't think making primed weapons more significantly more powerful would change anything. I do however think that a primed variant should be a direct upgrade from the unprimed version is most cases. It seems silly that things like Braton prime have serious drawbacks like low impact damage while other primed variants like Orthos get to be a direct upgrade. I like the idea of rewarding us for farming the weapon, just don't get too insane with it.

Edited by Chaz_Darkbane