Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Report Do You Use For Long Idle Player?

Brasten

I'm a little worried about this guy but he's been (in)active on the Venus - Kiliken for at least 20 miniutes. I've quit, missioned and ended up coming back. I've close Warframe, etc, and he's still there, standing in the spawn room.

Is this coming up on harassment or what? Deliberately blocking online play by idling in a Defense mission. I don't need the level, and I could play it solo, but I'd like to just have it open to host online because playing online is fun. I was sitting in the game the whole time I was posting this... nothing.

I've even gotten on my mic and tried to get his attention, no response. I hope he hasn't died or something.

:(

I'm a little worried about this guy but he's been (in)active on the Venus - Kiliken for at least 20 miniutes. I've quit, missioned and ended up coming back. I've close Warframe, etc, and he's still there, standing in the spawn room.

Is this coming up on harassment or what? Deliberately blocking online play by idling in a Defense mission. I don't need the level, and I could play it solo, but I'd like to just have it open to host online because playing online is fun. I was sitting in the game the whole time I was posting this... nothing.

I've even gotten on my mic and tried to get his attention, no response. I hope he hasn't died or something.

:(

get a mag with energy siphon on, pull his &#! into the wide open area. Or a Loki with energy siphoni and switch copy clone to extraction

At that point you have 2 choices, kill the room and succeed and move on to extraction for Mag

Or kill the afk dude =D

Either that or just Switch teleport with your clone with a Loki to get to extraction and end it.

Edited by BushidoCode

If you could play it solo, then do it. Just leave him there and go about the mission yourself.

I don't see how it counts as harrassment or why you'd want to report him. It's his own mission, he was in there by himself and you just joined. You have no idea what he could be doing.

I've started up missions and gone to do something else. I've either forgotten to set it to solo or what I was doing takes longer than I anticipated.

His dog could have been on fire, for Lotus's sake, man! Or what if he really did die? Is this how you want to honor his memory? By reporting him for harassment!? YOU'RE A MONSTER.

And if I don't have a Mag or Loki? The fact that I happen to do (and to my shame didn't think of that) is besides the point. XD

FatalX7, what other way is there to open a mission on a level to the rest of the online players? Other then clicking on the level and hitting "Play Now". The fact that I kept getting dumped back into this guys game over the course of a Half-an-Hour prevented me from doing so.

What if this had been Outer Terminus, the favorite farming spot of Pluto. 1 guy going idle and blocking that mission from being open to public play in that pool.

Every other Multiplayer game I can think of will kick idle players. 30 miniutes is a long time to leave a game running, in a mission. The way the game currently stands I could Troll the crap out various mission just by going idle. And you're telling me I shouldn't report me for that?

Edited by Brasten

As another user said, being idle is not harassment and it is quite silly that you would think of trying to "report" someone who was in their own mission and possibly dealing with a real life situation. You can always do the mission on solo or private to prevent this kind of thing from happening.

Okay then, I guess I know what I'll go do for "fun" for a bit then. Lets see where to do this best... Mercury Elion perhaps. Grab at least one Datamass and just sit on it. No new player in my IP pool will be able to advance without Soloing the level.

Point: DE does not have anything less then Harassment to cover this.

It's not Spam, not Offensive Language, Offensive Name, or a Real-Life Threat. That only leaves Harassment, deliberately blocking online play. Unless Trolling of that level falls under Spam....

Edited by Brasten

Okay then, I guess I know what I'll go do for "fun" for a bit then. Lets see where to do this best... Mercury Elion perhaps. Grab at least one Datamass and just sit on it. No new player in my IP pool will be able to advance without Soloing the level.

I'm sorry, but that's just childish.

Edited by FatalX7

You're missing the part where he is bloking any other person of making a free party to do that mission, since anyone that try to form one on there will end on his mission. Sure i can go private or solo, but what if i wanted to open a room to help random people to do said mission?

And if I don't have a Mag or Loki? The fact that I happen to do (and to my shame didn't think of that) is besides the point. XD

FatalX7, what other way is there to open a mission on a level to the rest of the online players? Other then clicking on the level and hitting "Play Now". The fact that I kept getting dumped back into this guys game over the course of a Half-an-Hour prevented me from doing so.

What if this had been Outer Terminus, the favorite farming spot of Pluto. 1 guy going idle and blocking that mission from being open to public play in that pool.

Every other Multiplayer game I can think of will kick idle players. 30 miniutes is a long time to leave a game running, in a mission. The way the game currently stands I could Troll the crap out various mission just by going idle. And you're telling me I shouldn't report me for that?

you don't have friends? get a friend ask em to do it for u, either end the misson with Loki or Mag by a friend or oh wells, start making friends or making a Loki/Mag.

You're missing the part where he is bloking any other person of making a free party to do that mission, since anyone that try to form one on there will end on his mission. Sure i can go private or solo, but what if i wanted to open a room to help random people to do said mission?

Sure, it's a flaw in the system, but it's not the fault of this specific person. Making it their fault is shortsighted.

We simply require an option to run our own public missions, which will come eventually.

Edited by FatalX7

YES! Now we're getting to the point. Doing that is the same as creating a Defense mission and just wandering off to "put out your dog, who is on fire," for 30+ miniutes. If I had gone and done that without saying so you'd be back on here defending me from new players posting to complain about me.

Again I hope the guy was okay, but I can't think of any other game that doesn't auto-kick to clear the multiplayer channels.

And the option to start a new Online game woudn't fix this, as players would then get dumped into either my active game or his inactive one.

Edited by Brasten

actually it's happen before, there have been times where ppl purposely/intentionally "block missions" although if one tries that in popular farming spots, like say... xini, it easily gets fixed because alot of ppl farm there, will also have already solved it via Mag/Loki

Edited by BushidoCode

YES! Now we're getting to the point. Doing that is the same as creating a Defense mission and just wandering off to "put out your dog, who is on fire," for 30+ miniutes. If I had gone and done that without saying so you'd be back on here defending me from new players posting to complain about me.

Again I hope the guy was okay, but I can't think of any other game that doesn't auto-kick to clear the multiplayer channels.

And the option to start a new Online game woudn't fix this, as players would then get dumped into either my active game or his inactive one.

The point? The point is that you want to crucify a player because of a flaw in the system and by assuming their intent, resorting to intentional childishness when someone doesn't agree and support you.

The point? The point is that you want to crucify a player because of a flaw in the system and by assuming their intent, resorting to intentional childishness when someone doesn't agree and support you.

Dont start a mission and then leave, It's not that hard to quit out.

Starting a mission and leaving does lend to a certain attitude where said player doesnt think about anyone else.

20 minutes is ridiculous amount of time to be blocking a mission.

Dont start a mission and then leave, It's not that hard to quit out.

Starting a mission and leaving does lend to a certain attitude where said player doesnt think about anyone else.

20 minutes is ridiculous amount of time to be blocking a mission.

Sure. Still assuming, though, unfortunately.

Also, the only ways a person blocks mission progress is if there is a 2 person door, a datamass objective that they are holding, or Jackal. You don't actually need them for anything other then those objectives. It isn't Jackal, and you didn't say if they were holding a data mass. Was there a 2 person door you couldn't get open?

Also on the matter of using Mag or Loki to move him forward or into a place where mobs could kill him. You wouldn't be able to get passed those 2 person doors still, and you could get him killed with any other warframe just by making sure to get some mobs to follow you back. Some of them may be focused on shooting, but as long as you don't run too far ahead, they will eventually follow you all the way back to spawn.

Of course, if he couldn't get any mobs because they had long since despawned then getting the other player killed wouldn't have worked.

Most of all, there really should be an idle drop system. It's just the easiest solution to these situations. Eventually a report system might be needed because it is a good bet that there will be griefers that will make sure to avoid the idle drop and try to block the level still. It is the internet sadly.

Also, the only ways a person blocks mission progress is if there is a 2 person door, a datamass objective that they are holding, or Jackal. You don't actually need them for anything other then those objectives. It isn't Jackal, and you didn't say if they were holding a data mass. Was there a 2 person door you couldn't get open?

Also on the matter of using Mag or Loki to move him forward or into a place where mobs could kill him. You wouldn't be able to get passed those 2 person doors still, and you could get him killed with any other warframe just by making sure to get some mobs to follow you back. Some of them may be focused on shooting, but as long as you don't run too far ahead, they will eventually follow you all the way back to spawn.

Of course, if he couldn't get any mobs because they had long since despawned then getting the other player killed wouldn't have worked.

Most of all, there really should be an idle drop system. It's just the easiest solution to these situations. Eventually a report system might be needed because it is a good bet that there will be griefers that will make sure to avoid the idle drop and try to block the level still. It is the internet sadly.

Just use a loki and all of your problems are solved. I love going through locked doors with him. :)

Believe me I've been on the receiving end of this situation too. It's really annoying when you can't play a mission you want to play because either someone has gone AFK for a very much extended period of time, or is intentionally griefing other players.

Yeah, hypothetical situations stand where maybe something serious was going on in their life that demanded their attention away from the game, but I think that's actually in the minority here. And if we're going to honor those hypothetical situations, then why not consider the other side.

What if the guy had fallen asleep at his keyboard?

What if he was making food in the kitchen, and it was a meal that would take a long time?

What if he's off doing chores around his house/outside doing yardwork?

Homework?

Does the player have the right to hold up everyone else for those situations?

If we're going to consider one side, we might as well consider all the others; or, we could just say none of the situations are a valid excuse, and maybe we just need a new system, so nobody has to suffer from the AFK player/griefer.

But like others, I'm sure a system will be put in place. DE obviously cares about the game, and is listening to the players, so that breeds hope that something will be done.

2 person mission with Grineers means Seekers so if you get caught..... you're dead. Like you said, doors also require two ppl means you cant go forward and i have personally experience where, for some strange reason, the mission doesnt update after performing your goal and doors wont open so you cant go to extraction. I dont know if it's because the host needs to be at a certain spot to trigger that or because the game just lagged out because he was there for so long.

There are a bunch of different ways this stuff affects people.

See, the thing is... real life happens. I've got a 2 year old myself, and sometimes, she doesn't let Daddy have his game time (she chooses subtle sabotages like falling off stuff, putting things in the toilet, and picking fights with the cat who is neither de-clawed nor cut). I don't know when it will happen, it just does. This isn't a competetive game, so his absence doesn't make the Grineer win a fight. It sucks, but this should not be reported IMO. Just put it on Private and invite a friend.

Calm down the guys is probably just AFK , i did thats many time but i only play in private so only with friends , never play in Laggy live games so far since its P to P i want to get the lower latency as possible so i play with friends or solo

See, the thing is... real life happens. I've got a 2 year old myself, and sometimes, she doesn't let Daddy have his game time (she chooses subtle sabotages like falling off stuff, putting things in the toilet, and picking fights with the cat who is neither de-clawed nor cut). I don't know when it will happen, it just does. This isn't a competetive game, so his absence doesn't make the Grineer win a fight. It sucks, but this should not be reported IMO. Just put it on Private and invite a friend.

And while you are refereeing a fight between your cat and a kid some one else just stopped theirs and has enough time to squeeze a couple missions which are now being blocked. Pressing Esc and Quit Mission arent that hard and there needs to be some way to get around this in this game.

And while you are refereeing a fight between your cat and a kid some one else just stopped theirs and has enough time to squeeze a couple missions which are now being blocked. Pressing Esc and Quit Mission arent that hard and there needs to be some way to get around this in this game.

Still assumes.

Edited by FatalX7