Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Ember Changes

[DE]Megan

on topic: i think the current set of skills for ember is mostly good, they just need to change Fire Ball to trigger Overheat when she shoot it at the ground (seeing that it actually burn Ember now) maybe have it link to her shield so that when her shield run out Overheat end also It doesn't damage Ember

Edited by PH0X-1

If they did, wouldn't that be more flame bait than if they didn't?

Well, that's a question of what they say, isn't it now?

on topic: i think the current set of skills for ember is mostly good, they just need to change Fire Ball to trigger Overheat when she shoot it at the ground (seeing that it actually burn Ember now) maybe have it link to her shield so that when her shield run out Overheat end also It doesn't damage Ember

Maybe. Ember needs her overheat to be more all-round viable, too niche right now.

For the first part.. Oh well. For the second part, making her viable without overheat is more likely to happen than Overheat being brought back.

Yeah, and I might become a nice person some day. Just you wait.

Oh well, no sence in beating around the bush, we already said everything that could be said, should have been said, and shouldn't have been whispered silently in an empty room. Now all we can is wait and hope, if you have any of that stuff left.

Personally, Overheat is what allowed Ember to be an incredible damage dealer.  She could run into a group of enemies and then use her powers such as fireblast or world on fire.  Sadly, with Accelerant, fireball is now almost useless.  Accelerant requires no targeting, hits an area, stuns, has no noticeable travel time, and boosts damage.  Fireball requires targeting, hits a smaller area, stuns, does damage, and has travel time.

Honestly, in order for ember to be viable in the same way as when overheat was around, accelerant would have to be an area buff where initial cast stuns and you have an area self buff where anything in the area for x amount of time gets a debuff.

Please, return colorful screen for ember's 4 ability! It was very interesting and beautiful!

And we shall call it "nostalgia glasses".

Personally, Overheat is what allowed Ember to be an incredible damage dealer.  She could run into a group of enemies and then use her powers such as fireblast or world on fire.  Sadly, with Accelerant, fireball is now almost useless.  Accelerant requires no targeting, hits an area, stuns, has no noticeable travel time, and boosts damage.  Fireball requires targeting, hits a smaller area, stuns, does damage, and has travel time.

Honestly, in order for ember to be viable in the same way as when overheat was around, accelerant would have to be an area buff where initial cast stuns and you have an area self buff where anything in the area for x amount of time gets a debuff.

Agreed. She lacks continuous measures against huge crowds now, aside from WoF.

I am thoroughly unimpressed with the Ember changes. My biggest issue is the fact that they are trying to make a caster dps class but aren't giving her a means to truly be one. Sure she deals damage, but why would you make her abilities have such limited range and to make matters worse give her "meh" stats. The only time she is worth playing is when you couple her with an Ignis... If that's the case then it most likely means the frame is broken. *

Here is what is funny.  Every other warframe pretty much got a huge buff  in 11.5.8 (PS4 version, enemies got weaker).  Ember didn't get as much of a noticeable buff (enemies got weaker, but so did she).  She is killing at about the same speed as before and it takes TWO skills to kill certain enemies where most warframes take one.  In addition, due to the limit of enemies she can hit with her ult, many ults kill much faster than hers.  Oftentimes, I find that Fire Blast works better than her Ult.

Now, this was true for those enemies before, but now, rather than casting it once and then running up to those enemies and then continuing on, you have to cast it for every area you enter if there is one of those strong enemies.  In other words, it costs more energy to do what she used to be able to do.

==

On the other hand, ember was already very strong.  Before the patch, Ember could easily outkill a Nova if used right (I've seen 2 people on the PS4 pre-patch that used her right).  The past two days, I have been using Ember Prime to outkill Novas, Oberons, etc.   My UNRANKED (Forma 1) Ember Prime (this was true before the patch with my normal ember) was out-damaging the entire party combined.  (I'd get about half the kills and about 52% of the damage).   My Maxed rank Ember Prime (Forma 3) has been out-damaging Nova and Oberons quite easily. I have been getting oh...  75-97% of the damage and about 70-85% of the kills?

Now, PRE-patch, my Ember (normal) was getting about the same numbers.  So based on my numbers, ember did not get a buff.

Yet, it is taking me a LOT more work than it would have pre-patch.  Pre-patch, I'd get those numbers without trying since I didn't need to hunt down energy orbs-it didn't take much energy to kill things and I could choose location based on how many enemies there were.  Now, I have to hunt down energy orbs, run back to the party, and then keep killing OR I have to drop down energy recharge items and stay on them for a bit whenever we have a break point (two player doors, elevators, etc) OR I have to drop down energy recharge items on the run (wasting 3 pulses per item).  On top of that, now I have to be very careful about where I cast or I have to use accelerant to stun the enemies (don't need the damage buff most of the time) to buy time to cast.

In other words, ember got a fairly major nerf.  Sadly, most PS4 players think she got buffed because very few PS4 players bothered to use anything other than WoF (at most they might have used Fire Blast and WoF).  And now, WoF looks more awesome.  This seems to trigger a "Oh yeah, Ember is so much more powerful now" response.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

First, a big thank you to everyone on their feedback in regards to Ember. Since this thread has been opened many players have tested and reached out with their suggestions. Reoccurring points that we have noted are:

·         Accelerant doesn't keep up with World on Fire; enemies simply die due to guns and World on Fire around you

·         Swap the Energy costs, keep Accelerant at 50 and move Overheat to 75 (Get rid of Fire Blast)

·         Bring back Overheat and replace Fire Blast

This post will be locked to preserve the current feedback, thanks again!