Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Ember Changes

[DE]Megan

Sorry but I'm not going to waste my time explaining how the game works to you.

I'm not going to ask Scott to bring back Overheat they way it used to be. Overheat is there to keep you alive if something decides to take a shot at you or reaches melee range. Overheat has fire aoe around melee aoe which has a high proc chance, maybe 25% to keep it somewhat balanced.

I'm fine with Ember not being a tank, but I'm not fine with Ember having 3 useless skills out of the 4 available.

Health only DR means bleeds and poisons aren't going to instagib Ember, but won't make her a tank either. Fits the reckless playstyle they're advertising.

I think the reason why he is so dead set against Overheat is because of Valkyr.  He seems to have done something similar with Nekros.  Unfortunatly, I don't remember right now what it was.  Nekros, Valkyr, and Oberon seem to be his creations, at least the abilities.  And it seems he will spoil something else to keep his creations from being outshined.

I think the reason why he is so dead set against Overheat is because of Valkyr.  He seems to have done something similar with Nekros.  Unfortunatly, I don't remember right now what it was.  Nekros, Valkyr, and Oberon seem to be his creations, at least the abilities.  And it seems he will spoil something else to keep his creations from being outshined.

Is this was true, why didn't he alter the actual tanks, Rhino and Trinity?

My speculation is that the uproar was expected to be too much, or that he is taking a round robin approach to nerfing each Warframe, or that some Warframes don't have a guardian angel at DE.

That sounds rather tin foil hatty, especially when Embers abilities, IMO are still better than those three frames. If he wanted to nerf her unto lower than those frames he really did a poor job of it.

New waves of enemies keep spawning so accelerant's stun is not as useful as you might think compared to damage reduction.

How does new enemies stop you from casting?

OH is gone because even after the last nerf with the new mods the ability could be pumped back to previous levels.

With Ember you were not supposed to be anything close to a tank.

If your playstyle consists of only casting WoF that doesnt mean that the things the other powers do cease to exists.

It doesn't mean that the things the other powers do are effective.

What does this have to do with Ember who has 225 max without and add-ons and with you can almost double that?

I forgot that Ember has 225 max energy.  But, that is besides the point.  My point is obvious.  DE just invented an arbitrary energy scheme rather than inventing one that suits a purpose.  The result, many of the abilities are useless, inefficient.

When you talk about area denial damage is not the only thing to compare this abilities with.

OK, so?

To YOU the game is about killing stuff. To YOU. How do you folks not understand that your own method is not the method that everyone needs to play?

I dont play to kill things i play to not get kill. Which is probably the reason i never had problem with Ember, once i learn she can die fast i adjusted and have been doing fine since then. This also explains why people were confused with Rhino when they took away old Iron Skin... "What is ...cee cee?"

So, what do you do in this game?  Combat photography?  Do you have a youtube channel?

That sounds rather tin foil hatty, especially when Embers abilities, IMO are still better than those three frames. If he wanted to nerf her unto lower than those frames he really did a poor job of it.

I never claimed that he wanted to make Ember totally worse than Nekros, Valkyr, or Oberon.  I was speculating in regards to Overheat.  And, yes, it's speculaltion, of course it's tinfoil hattery.

What was the Iron Skin 'compromise'? I have heard nothing of them removing Iron Skin from Rhino, only making it significantly weaker than it once was.

If you weren't around during it the original pass on de-immortalizing Iron Skin was quite drastic and very flawed. It was a timed damage reduction (at 80% max rank, not bootable by mods), it also was missing key invulnerabilities to status effects like Knockdown and Poison. And the backlash was very large. Its the reason Iron Skin will likely never get touched again, and why there's been such a delay on going after Trinity, for the same things Ember has been accused of (after Trintiy should be a healer support, not a Tank, right?)

Now imagine if there wasn't such a large user base on Rhino, come on the forums as screaming bloody murder at every channel of communication. The changes on Rhino would have likely stood, as they currently do on Ember.

That short trist of DR on Rhino is yet another reasons why I do not see why having DR on the shields of Ember being an issue. One of the problems with the DR on Rhino was (even at 80%) it wasn't really that effective at being a consistant in your face tank. At the time Ember's DR far higher DR (amazing what 80% vs 90% does in this game a higher levels of play) was put forward as the example of where Rhino needed to be to even be remotely "tanky".

Scott has yet to explain his position on Ember in any significant detail. We've seen, and play tested, his views. Now he should respond to ours. Until he does I feel no reason to negotiate even a % of DR off Overheat. The most I'm willing to concide is moving Overheat to 75 energy cost, and mainly to move The Fire Blast replacement Acclerant down to 50.

It would be nice if someone at DE with more overall game authority would step in and arbitrate. Because I certainly feel that Scott is acting in bad faith.

OH is gone because even after the last nerf with the new mods the ability could be pumped back to previous levels.

With Ember you were not supposed to be anything close to a tank.

Then DE is going to get rid of all the abilities.  Building a game around unobtainium mods is a bad decision.

How does new enemies stop you from casting?

Energy runs out.  There are a lot of enemies in this game.

The tale of Ironskin does not sound at all 'negotiation' but tweeks and finding a balance between an ideal and execution. As for Trinity being a healer, most of the games I come from the Cleric is normally harder to kill than the Warrior, who also wear similar armor though DE seems to of went with the 'spell focused' healer type who's survival is only as good as their spell time.. I don't see how Trinity goes out of her role.

If anything, IMO. Rhino would work better with DR at 85 to 90ish percent, especially if teamwork was what was important for WF if mixed with resisting CC as opposed to HeMan-ing solo-ing things until Iron Skin means nothing to an opponent(which seems to begin becoming true near lv 45 heavy units, close to over all true at 50-55 light units). Giving Rhino just straight health is okay at lower to mid level play, if DE increases things beyond T3 Defense WR:1-5 level opponents, it will become rather useless.

Ember was described as a blasting caster, to me looking how OH was, it seems it was in general a mistake. If they have it return as a optional 5th skill to equip, I would hope for them to alter it to make it uneffected by power strength mods, mitigating only the base 40%, if not only to laugh at so many begging to have it back without having it a way that would have Ember to absorb a significant amount of damage.

It doesn't mean that the things the other powers do are effective.

OK, so?

When  "area denial" is brought up then discount an ability because of damage and ignore the "area denial" brought up there is a problem

with the argument.

I forgot that Ember has 225 max energy.  But, that is besides the point.  My point is obvious.  DE just invented an arbitrary energy scheme rather than inventing one that suits a purpose.  The result, many of the abilities are useless, inefficient.

There is nothing arbitrary about it.

You get a specific amount of energy that let's you use your powers a certain amount of times.

Depending on the frame you get a certain amount of energy that tells you that you can use your powers more.

So, what do you do in this game?  Combat photography?  Do you have a youtube channel?

I play like a ninja.

Ninja picked the best time and place to strike to guaranteed a successful mission. 

Ninja did not charge straight at the target they needed to kill.

Then DE is going to get rid of all the abilities.  Building a game around unobtainium mods is a bad decision.

No, they are going to get rid of abilities that are being used in a way they werent meant to. And they have been doing this for a while now.

Energy runs out.  There are a lot of enemies in this game.

Learn to manage your energy. 

Suddenly enter into menie offensive than swearing .
I have 16 extra energy ... for almost all modules maximum level. I have only broken mods. But to level 30 they are generally unnecessary.
I can safely assert that the chicken is not enough as I see relations damage , pay attention to the effect of time and skills.
I suppose you have not seen what it was in the days of 6-7 patches ? They introduced too many changes without thinking about the consequences. They removed all the protection and deprived her of all damage. This could have been avoided . And they are aware of their oversight . But never recognize.
Highly specialized character? What ? In the methods of death? If yes then I probably agree . Or do you think its normal death while playing
Since all of its changes should fully process it skill.

Okay, make note that right at the beginning of the post I stated towards you, I said "I don't mean to insult". If I meant to be "offensive" and "swearing", I would've done so.

Also, I've been here since Feb of last year - closed beta. I know quite a few of the patches and versions Ember has gone through. It's obvious English isn't your first language - and that's fine. But this may also mean something is getting lost in translation between my posts and yours.

As for depriving her of "all defense and damage", they replaced the flat out overpoweredness that was Overheat with 100% chances for stun procs - either "On Fire" elemental proc or a flat out direct Stun in the form of Accelerant. She's still a survivor - you just have to learn how to use her abilities more effectively. She isn't a flaming Rhino anymore, and that's a good thing.

As for depriving her of "all damage", I have absolutely no idea WHAT you're talking about. She does even MORE damage than before with her abilities. Accelerant not only stuns in a wide radius, but adds 2x fire damage to everything it hits. She also has an even higher chance to do DoT thanks to her multiple stun procs. So yeah...something's definitely lost in translation somewhere, because I truly have no idea what you're getting at.

Warframe as a game is way too easy for you claim that Ember is fine just because you can survive with subpar skill and mod setups. I've modded mine to deal the most damage while having the highest survivability.

You're wasting energy using Fire ball or Fire blast, World on Fire simply deals more damage to more enemies. Accelerant doesn't keep up with World on Fire, enemies simply die to guns and World on Fire around you.

I didn't unbalance my Ember. I made her the optimal killing machine. Death is the best form of CC.

There's simply no room for the other useless abilities.

Again, that's -YOUR- opinion. You instantly believe every ability that doesn't nuke everything on sight is "useless" when there are proven facts showing you're totally wrong. But that's okay - once again, you play your Ember the way you want to play her. Just don't go around whining that her other powers aren't useful when you won't even use them, and instead just do the same thing everyone else does and spam 4 every 10 seconds or so.

Also, my setup isn't "subpar". Just because I don't use forma (I have tons of forma blueprints btw. I just choose not to use them) doesn't mean it's "weak". Formas are here to make warframes and weapons far stronger than they normally should be. None of the content in this game short of past endgame levels need Forma'd gear.

Hell, I just brought my Ember to a T3 void mission and was the only one who didn't die. Why? Because I used all my abilities, and did NOT rely on overpowering myself to do so. I used Accelerant to do more damage and stun rushing Ancients. I used Fire ball to stop a void heavy grineer from shooting me from afar while I revived a friend. I used Fireblast+ Accelerant to save 2 friends who fell beside each other. I used WoF sparingly - infact only once or twice. And yet I survived, I did good damage, and I helped my team.

Perhaps that's what makes me different from you. I don't think of making myself as strong as possible. I instead focus on balance, on what MY team needs to survive. Probably why Valkyr is also a favorite of mine. Instead of using Hysteria to do damage, I use it to revive my team or, in Capture missions, help knock down the capture target and stall it. I use Brakk not for its damage, but for its high elemental proc + Blast, which knocks enemies down for my team to take them out.

Either way, don't belittle people just because they play and think differently from you. I do VERY well without forma'ing my gear. Just because I don't use them doesn't mean you can sit there and talk down to me.

And it really does seem like you're not reading any of what others are trying to tell you, so I'll just assume you didn't read any of what I just posted, and move on.

Edited by SoulEchelon

When  "area denial" is brought up then discount an ability because of damage and ignore the "area denial" brought up there is a problem

with the argument.

How long does Accelerant's stun last?  I know the ability lasts 15 seconds.  But, it is unclear to me if the stun lasts that long.

There is nothing arbitrary about it.

You get a specific amount of energy that let's you use your powers a certain amount of times.

Depending on the frame you get a certain amount of energy that tells you that you can use your powers more.

LOL, yeah, ok.  Keep believing that.  Better yet.  Go ahead and make your case.  Show us how the system works to promote in game goals.  Please detail the goals and show the connection between the goals and the energy expended. 

I play like a ninja.

Ninja picked the best time and place to strike to guaranteed a successful mission. 

Ninja did not charge straight at the target they needed to kill.

What are you talking about?  This is a Horde Mode game.  There are no Ninjas here.  That's just advertising speak.

No, they are going to get rid of abilities that are being used in a way they werent meant to. And they have been doing this for a while now.

Again, building a game around unobtainium mods is a bad decision.

Learn to manage your energy. 

Shoot to kill.

Okay, make note that right at the beginning of the post I stated towards you, I said "I don't mean to insult". If I meant to be "offensive" and "swearing", I would've done so.

Also, I've been here since Feb of last year - closed beta. I know quite a few of the patches and versions Ember has gone through. It's obvious English isn't your first language - and that's fine. But this may also mean something is getting lost in translation between my posts and yours.

As for depriving her of "all defense and damage", they replaced the flat out overpoweredness that was Overheat with 100% chances for stun procs - either "On Fire" elemental proc or a flat out direct Stun in the form of Accelerant. She's still a survivor - you just have to learn how to use her abilities more effectively. She isn't a flaming Rhino anymore, and that's a good thing.

As for depriving her of "all damage", I have absolutely no idea WHAT you're talking about. She does even MORE damage than before with her abilities. Accelerant not only stuns in a wide radius, but adds 2x fire damage to everything it hits. She also has an even higher chance to do DoT thanks to her multiple stun procs. So yeah...something's definitely lost in translation somewhere, because I truly have no idea what you're getting at.

This response is not only to you . Just decided to compile all .

I also play Ember (now very periodicall) .

High damage? What do you mean ? Many times I have watched the work skills WoF. During action (3 seconds, 15 hit for 670 ), it could cause damage to 10500 . At the same time If Rhino hit 20 targets he deal 16000 damage (and there is no restriction). This is all for an equal amount of energy. While DE received very tricky doing that for a while if WoF misses the target can work longer , creating a sense of duration . Who in the crowd of mobs will measure the effect of skill? I've timed, thanks to one project in which some ability to work a split second.

Acceleration.
Let's start with the fact that there is no connection between the name of skill and how it works ... If it speeds up - that's a good question what exactly?
He stops the opponent less than a second (even castes WoF takes longer), with all of this, ironically of life, are labeled (as well as chopped) not all mobs in range of skills. It can safely be seen by illumination (similar lighting nova).

Speed.
Many times I ispolzeya Ember could not even catch up with Rhino. By the way on the wall it just can not run into above Rhino. Are you sure that nothing wrong?

Armor.
DE is not just generous. 15 armor. For such a class is not balanced, too, too much. -150 can do? Given that the largest radius of skills (although we can make mistakes and it's diameter) is only 20 meters.
Sprorsite at what is it? So much for the effective use of skills necessary is roughly in the crowd.

So that I could offer to return the chicken to the system?
I think that you can leave it as it is armor. Let it be paper caster. Speed ​​as in variant I want to suggest that you can leave as is, reduce the consumption of energy all the way in the sprint to the level of other classes.
The main change in this skill.

Fireball.
Make it a real fireball. 250-450 damage from the explosion pushes away the enemy.

Acceleration.
Duration 8-16 seconds. At the moment of utterance stuns the enemy for the duration increases the speed and the damage. Overview. Return the animation from overheating. Perhaps this animation has always been its main advantage.

Fire Blast ... Rename a infernal trap.
Creates from 1 to 4 rings each of which fire causes damage (100-175), as well as reduces the damage extends through the ring (I think 22% on the ring optimal).

WoF.
Remove the restriction to the amount of goals. Done downgrade to 200 on the target. Set the step response time of 0.3 s steps 6-9 seconds (animation fashionable not to change the ignition still occur not only on the target).

Summary.
Instead we get the chicken back devastatingly sexy little thing, which requires a certain level of skill to play it. In addition capable of a drop so fend for themselves.
Edited by hallfrom

Acceleration.

It's called Accelerant. Not Acceleration. 

An accelerant is anything that causes favourable conditions to start a fire or cause a fire to be much more intense than it would. 

Like gasoline. 

Edit; okay, whoops, I missed the part understanding that english isn't your first language. Sorry if I come as condescending. but two things to remember, you write it better than some do who have been writing it all their life. And it's a language where flammable and inflammable mean the same thing. 

Edited by LukeAura

Acceleration

It's called Accelerant. Not Acceleration. 

An accelerant is anything that causes favourable conditions to start a fire or cause a fire to be much more intense than it would. 

Like gasoline.

Or as demonstrated in these two strips

http://www.poisonedminds.com/d/20050306.html

http://www.poisonedminds.com/d/20050314.html

Think of it like Ember squirting a bunch of lighter fluid all over her foes.

Which still leaves her in about the same position as that character, only effective at dealing with melee ranged things that are too stupid to stop them, "Okay here ya go, I don't want any troub..."

This response is not only to you . Just decided to compile all .

I also play Ember (now very periodicall) .

High damage? What do you mean ? Many times I have watched the work skills WoF. During action (3 seconds, 15 hit for 670 ), it could cause damage to 10500 . At the same time If Rhino hit 20 targets he deal 16000 damage (and there is no restriction). This is all for an equal amount of energy. While DE received very tricky doing that for a while if WoF misses the target can work longer , creating a sense of duration . Who in the crowd of mobs will measure the effect of skill? I've timed, thanks to one project in which some ability to work a split second.

Acceleration.
Let's start with the fact that there is no connection between the name of skill and how it works ... If it speeds up - that's a good question what exactly?
He stops the opponent less than a second (even castes WoF takes longer), with all of this, ironically of life, are labeled (as well as chopped) not all mobs in range of skills. It can safely be seen by illumination (similar lighting nova).

Speed.
Many times I ispolzeya Ember could not even catch up with Rhino. By the way on the wall it just can not run into above Rhino. Are you sure that nothing wrong?

Armor.
DE is not just generous. 15 armor. For such a class is not balanced, too, too much. -150 can do? Given that the largest radius of skills (although we can make mistakes and it's diameter) is only 20 meters.
Sprorsite at what is it? So much for the effective use of skills necessary is roughly in the crowd.

So that I could offer to return the chicken to the system?
I think that you can leave it as it is armor. Let it be paper caster. Speed ​​as in variant I want to suggest that you can leave as is, reduce the consumption of energy all the way in the sprint to the level of other classes.
The main change in this skill.

Fireball.
Make it a real fireball. 250-450 damage from the explosion pushes away the enemy.

Acceleration.
Duration 8-16 seconds. At the moment of utterance stuns the enemy for the duration increases the speed and the damage. Overview. Return the animation from overheating. Perhaps this animation has always been its main advantage.

Fire Blast ... Rename a infernal trap.
Creates from 1 to 4 rings each of which fire causes damage (100-175), as well as reduces the damage extends through the ring (I think 22% on the ring optimal).

WoF.
Remove the restriction to the amount of goals. Done downgrade to 200 on the target. Set the step response time of 0.3 s steps 6-9 seconds (animation fashionable not to change the ignition still occur not only on the target).

Summary.
Instead we get the chicken back devastatingly sexy little thing, which requires a certain level of skill to play it. In addition capable of a drop so fend for themselves.

I was a bit hasty. 
Amber nothing without overheating. Yesterday saw this again. Infected have a habit of ancient knock down (raid, falling and even after death). And besides overheating skill in this case are meaningless.

Is it not against infected?

It's impossible to choose the style of the game. It is only one. At very close range against 6-12 opponents. In such a situation, all but useless heat. 
DE removed when they overheat what type of games against an endless string of thought infected? 

PS. Whoever removed the overheating is not competent in the game.

PPS. WoF works with duration a maximum 6 seconds. At least 3 seconds (if a lot of easy to kill enemies). Damage 650 to all, 780 to runners on. With Focus module. Yesterday,  measured the more than 10 times. And in one game all died 4 times against infected in the abyss (30-35 level).

They again something changed. And I was not the best.

Edited by hallfrom

Again, that's -YOUR- opinion. You instantly believe every ability that doesn't nuke everything on sight is "useless" when there are proven facts showing you're totally wrong. But that's okay - once again, you play your Ember the way you want to play her. Just don't go around whining that her other powers aren't useful when you won't even use them, and instead just do the same thing everyone else does and spam 4 every 10 seconds or so.

Also, my setup isn't "subpar". Just because I don't use forma (I have tons of forma blueprints btw. I just choose not to use them) doesn't mean it's "weak". Formas are here to make warframes and weapons far stronger than they normally should be. None of the content in this game short of past endgame levels need Forma'd gear.

Hell, I just brought my Ember to a T3 void mission and was the only one who didn't die. Why? Because I used all my abilities, and did NOT rely on overpowering myself to do so. I used Accelerant to do more damage and stun rushing Ancients. I used Fire ball to stop a void heavy grineer from shooting me from afar while I revived a friend. I used Fireblast+ Accelerant to save 2 friends who fell beside each other. I used WoF sparingly - infact only once or twice. And yet I survived, I did good damage, and I helped my team.

Perhaps that's what makes me different from you. I don't think of making myself as strong as possible. I instead focus on balance, on what MY team needs to survive. Probably why Valkyr is also a favorite of mine. Instead of using Hysteria to do damage, I use it to revive my team or, in Capture missions, help knock down the capture target and stall it. I use Brakk not for its damage, but for its high elemental proc + Blast, which knocks enemies down for my team to take them out.

Either way, don't belittle people just because they play and think differently from you. I do VERY well without forma'ing my gear. Just because I don't use them doesn't mean you can sit there and talk down to me.

And it really does seem like you're not reading any of what others are trying to tell you, so I'll just assume you didn't read any of what I just posted, and move on.

I won't make a full answer, but i'll challenge every point of your post.

If you were the only person in your team, who havent' died, then you hadn't Frost/Rhino/Trinity in team. Is my guess right?

If you were able to deal significant damage without spamming WoF, you hadn't Nova in team.

If there was any need in CC in T3, then i guess that not a single person brought a Nyx or, at least, Loki?

To "shine", experienced Ember player needs to play in inexperienced, imbalanced team with weak weapons. Damn, even Loki with Penta performs better. Why? Because he can stand near crowd AS MUCH AS HE WANT. He can focus on dealing damage, you know.

Ember was a flaming Rhino. And we loved her in that way. She was able to jump into the fray and kick their asses. Now all what she has is a beautiful desing.

Edited by SpFinX

I think Fireball might be better if altered to fall vertically. 
Say from the nearest ceiling or 15 metres above pointed location, whichever is first. 
Benefits: 
Can now try and snipe behind cover, by aiming at a ceiling, or partial cover to force out, kill, or CC with the fire procc, enemies from a safe distance. 
A lot harder for enemies to run out of the way in time. 
Unique method of delivery. 
Chance to hit an enemy at range is entirely decided by user skill in aiming, and not effected by odd projectile curve, terrain or travel time. 
Cons: 
More prone to wasted shots on a miss aim/fire
Optional:
Like shuriken should drop 2-3 at max rank(Maybe even effected by power strength? : O), but over a small spread,  
Rename it Mortar fire. 

I may have been playing a lot of Assassin's creed 4 over the last week.

• 2 weeks later...

is the op still hiding or is he going to explain why he stuck his foot so far up our a55es? 

Im not spending this 50 bucks on plat until you bring back overheat. 

OP is [DE]Megan, not scott. Either way, devs aren't terribly talkative around here.