Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For The Karak!

VKhaun

Im with the OP this is the weapon i thought the soma was gonna be the ak47 to the braton/burstions m4/m16 mine has just had its first of at least 6 maybe 7 forma used on it and before anyone says anything my braton has had 10 so as to be useful under damage 2.0

I must be brain dead because I could have sworn weapons on have 8 mod slots. I agree with the OP that it is a fun new weapon to use, however I question how well it will mow down level 40s without a few formas and even then I really don't think it will ever meet the Soma's damage output. 

I must be brain dead because I could have sworn weapons on have 8 mod slots. I agree with the OP that it is a fun new weapon to use, however I question how well it will mow down level 40s without a few formas and even then I really don't think it will ever meet the Soma's damage output. 

of course it won't. Soma has the best of everything, intentionally, and also unintentionally. 

Karak fares fine against higher level enemies despite though, because it's base damage is pretty good, without any Crits or Status Effects. 

ofcourse, if it had the exact same base damage produced from Crits it would be 4x as powerful as it is now.... but that's a problem with Crits, not Karak.

I built it at the same time as Burston Prime and I must say that Burston pretty much wipes the floor with Karak. But it's pretty good weapon nevertheless. It's versatile, relatively cheap and even new players can get to it. Good old reliable rifle.

I'm just not sure whether to invest in it. I doubt it will go well against high level enemies, even supercharged and forma'd.

Really? I kind of prefer the Karak over the Burston Prime even though the Prime has more damage. I guess burst weapon in this game ain't really cutting it for me.

Really? I kind of prefer the Karak over the Burston Prime even though the Prime has more damage. I guess burst weapon in this game ain't really cutting it for me.

If you haven't yet, then try it with a mod to reduce recoil.  I found that it was a night and day improvement for the Burston and Hind since you can just aim at about the height of enemy's throat and the entire burst will hit their head.

It feels good to use; took my Lv.30 Karak on a Lv.30-35 mission and it worked well enough for the difficulty level with a correct build. It just feels... good to shoot. Has a nice sound which makes it feel like there's actually pressure worked into the shoulder with every shot and the 30 round mag (36 with the mods I had installed) is short but manageable. Just makes you more conscious about your ammo management overall and less spray happy.

So yeah, big thumb up for a fun gun.

If you haven't yet, then try it with a mod to reduce recoil.  I found that it was a night and day improvement for the Burston and Hind since you can just aim at about the height of enemy's throat and the entire burst will hit their head.

I don't use recoil mods. XD

I just potatoed and forma-ed my Burston Prime, and yea.. It's pretty sweet since I tend to be heavy on the fingers. I even put heavy caliber on it. XD

While I like the Karak, I'm hesitent on potato and forma since it's a non-prime non-event weapon.

While I like the Karak, I'm hesitent on potato and forma since it's a non-prime non-event weapon.

those factors should not be connected to whether you invest into a weapon or not.

the ONLY important factor, is if you enjoy using a weapon.

if you're worried about some weapon not being 'the best thing ever', don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever spend Potatoes or Forma. ever again. ever.

because something else is bound to exist at some point that you'd prefer.

that's a really stupid way to play a game. you might as well not play it. it's a Video Game, you're trying to enjoy yourself. not wait until Development for Warframe stops and THEN you can spend Potatoes and Forma because there won't be any more content. then you can truly be the ultimate swagbox after the stat Servers are taken down due to lack of user activity.

might've been a bit harsh, but it's true nonetheless.

Edited by taiiat

Honestly, I wasn't impressed with Karak when I looked at the stats. Then I got a huge wake up call after seeing it in action(Cicero Crisis). The sound is what did it for me. I thought, "That sounds really good, I want one."

So I built it. Low and behold, this rifle is exactly what I have been looking for. Karak has a decent(not too fast or too slow) fire rate for an automatic rifle. The damage is respectable, again with the Goldilocks theme. The magazine size is perfect; I've got a thing for 30 round mags... No Magazine Warp for this baby. The accuracy is what really blew me away. Short bursts of 3-5 rounds seem to punch one hole in the target at any range. It sounds amazing, too... Oh yeah, I already said that.

I love this rifle. DE, I have to say that you guys hit a home run with this one.

I rather like it.  On a Lore perspective, it fits the feel of the Grineer.  These guys are soldiers, they'll want weapons that aren't spectacular, but dependable.  They'd want reliability.

On a gameplay front it IS reliable and dependable.  It's not fancy, but it'll get the job done for a good while.

10/10, would take it to Neptune.

those factors should not be connected to whether you invest into a weapon or not.

the ONLY important factor, is if you enjoy using a weapon.

if you're worried about some weapon not being 'the best thing ever', don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever spend Potatoes or Forma. ever again. ever.

because something else is bound to exist at some point that you'd prefer.

I know, I even potatoed and formaed the Hikou because I like it. I'm not worried about not having/using the best, because otherwise I would have formaed the Soma multiple times, but I didn't because I don't really enjoy it that much.

The reasoning behind is that, in this case, if a Kurak Wraith should appear some day, it will be more epic in everyway in terms of fun even if not for the damage. It's a cranky reasoning I know. XD

But yea... I think I would do it someday. But for now, I will bring it along in simple missions while I forma my Burston Prime.

The reasoning behind is that, in this case, if a Kurak Wraith should appear some day, it will be more epic in everyway in terms of fun even if not for the damage. It's a cranky reasoning I know. XD

well that's a problem with every weapon having a 'shiny diamonds' version. 

Prime equipment, Wraith Equipment, and Vandal Equipment should not be part of the normal game, and should have been introduced in a different manner, one that doesn't include 'gun 2.0'. most of these items are simply superior in all ways, rather than tweaks to weapons to fit alterior playstyles. it's not healthy for the game. it causes invalidation of content, like we've been seeing for ages. why use content X, if there's content v2 to be used, that's simply better?

terrible way to artificially add more content to a game. because it only adds more content to players that have already used 100% of the content. and prospective players will largely end up skipping over most of the content, because you made versions that were simply better. and thusly, you didn't add more content to your game, you removed some. but you spent time making meshes, textures, and a lot of time programming, to only shorten the actual lifespan of your game.

so you used resources... to get less out of your product. in the business world, that's called an economical nightmare. in Video Games, most players call it 'progression'. i'm pretty sure the Business world isn't the one that's wrong here.

edit:

this is not directed at you specifically.

Edited by taiiat

I've already got mine up to level 25. :)

I'm hesitant on the forma and potato though. Aesthetically it's such a great weapon, but I can see where the constant reloading would get you killed at higher levels. About the point where it can't drop a basic enemy in 3-5 rounds, Karak seems like it would utterly nose dive in performance.

I rather like it.  On a Lore perspective, it fits the feel of the Grineer.  These guys are soldiers, they'll want weapons that aren't spectacular, but dependable.  They'd want reliability.

On a gameplay front it IS reliable and dependable.  It's not fancy, but it'll get the job done for a good while.

10/10, would take it to Neptune.

And it looks cool. 

I'm thinking about turning my Karak into just a Corpus gun. I'm still pretty new so i'm not entirely sure of what to put.

This video has helped but it's left with 3 open slots (

)

At the moment i have this on my Karak for Corpus: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/451783339713487602/9FB5F948F2CC29671FAB2814949BC70654B0FC13/ is it really only Bane mod or more impact dmg?

is it really only Bane mod or more impact dmg?

the Bane mod will add x% to your damage, period.

but Rupture will only add a small amount to your Impact damage - the Physical mods don't boost your Elemental damage though...

which makes Physical mods pretty bad if you have mods to choose from which you clearly do.

Overall I have to say I find the gun a lot better after having maxed it and obtained some new mods. With its high base stats and low crit chance it basically begs to be and elemental weapon, my only real complain about the gun at all is its incredibly low magazine size considering how high its fire rate is. As of right now here is my build on it.

*Serration (obviously)

(*Stormbringer

*Infected Clip >>.180% Corrosive yo)

(*Wildfire

*Cryo Rounds >>150% Blast Damage)

*Split chamber

*Tainted mag (I know I could put something more useful on but I NEED this magazine increase to like the gun)

*Shred 

Edited by Chaz_Darkbane

The magazine size is fine once you get in the habit of only spending 3 rounds per target. Though it has an automatic trigger and high rate of fire, this is a precision weapon. You must, must, MUST maintain good discipline to realize this rifle's full potential. You really have to think of the Karak as being primarily burst-fire with an automatic mode purely to bail you out of tight corners with a very sudden and very risky damage dump.

The Karak is still pretty low level for me but is so satisfying. I have been enjoying this gun for a while and like the original post this might be the first gun that I forma ever. I have been playing for a while too which shows just how much I love this gun. The low clip feels right other wise the gun would be an easier to obtain Soma and we don't need that. The low clip High fire rate and damage actually makes this gun satisfying and not some kind of gun thats all utility. I can kill a few things with one clip and then have to reload which means I need some skill to use this weapon. I understand why people wouldn't want this weapon though. For example the low clip and High fire rate that I was loving so much. This means that you run out of ammo and then you have to reload quickly so right off the bat a reload mod is probably in order. Secondly rifles aren't the best weapons out there in consideration to some of the other high end weapons like the oh so beloved shotguns like the hek or strun. A few mods on any gun though and your fighting completely differently. I think the best part about the karak though is that you have the V polarity slot which is compatible with serration which means that almost imediately you can equip your high powered rifle damage mod onto your low level rifle without a potato or forma.

My Karak build, with a (V) polarity and a (-) polarity, is:

Serration, Hellfire, Infected Rounds, Shred, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Split Chamber, Fast Hands, and Stabilizer - if I know I'm going to be fighting Infested at range. Otherwise I swap Stabiliser for Speed Trigger. I have Speed Trigger with +50% ROF, so added with the +25 ROF on my Shred, and the Karak just dumps ammo like nobody's business.

Here's the thing - despite being primarily an Impact weapon, the Karak's physical damage is quite high, which means that you can spec for Elemental damage instead. For my Anti-Grineer loads, I'll run Serration,, Stormbringer, Hellfire, Infected Rounds, Shred, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Split Chamber, and Fast Hands - thus giving me Radiation + Toxin. For anti corpus, I'll swap Hellfire for Cryo Rounds, and have a Magnetic + Toxin Karak. Works like a charm.

Soma has higher damage per shotm if the crit modifier kicks in, but Karak has more reliable damage.

It's not spectacular, but it's reliable.

That's what an assault rifle is.

A decent, reliable, fun weapon from designers Ugen Stanar and Mik Klash. ;D