The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damnit The Damage System...

Soul_Shinobi

EDIT:  I would like more than 2 slots to play with per weapon.  6 are needed for the 4 elements and serration and multishot.  On melee multi-shot = swing speed (or charge speed for those that still do that.)

The problem with this is that they can't make weaknesses/resists relevant AND make using more than 2 elements a bad idea, because then we will need to choose one defense we want to kill and have everything else bullet sponge. Also, there are a lot of cases were 3 elements are better than 4 right now.

Why Cloned Flesh and Human Flesh are separated is beyond me. I mean, one's less healthy, but that doesn't mean that it should magically gain defenses against blunt hits and poison.

Well, seeing as cloned flesh is Grineer, who are cybernetic, they could have more implants than just mechanical arms. Like kevlar sewn into the flesh. Stuff like that.

Nothing important is hurt by Blast (unless there is a roller Apocalypse) and all procs are super low anyway. Only using for a chance at a knockdown is a bit of a waste. Melee or powers are far better at it.

All other combined reach up to +75% damage on far more important health types.

Moas and Ospreys are a main enemy unit. And in what way should anyone be afraid of a roller apocalypse? I'd be surprised if they didn't get deleted in the next update.

Well, seeing as cloned flesh is Grineer, who are cybernetic, they could have more implants than just mechanical arms. Like kevlar sewn into the flesh. Stuff like that.

That is a good point. I hadn't thought of that myself.

They wanted to simplify the damage system so people didn't have to use wikis to figure things out.

What did we get? A wiki that required tabs to explain it.

or just use the codex... makes it a lot easier...

Actually I find the Wiki is easier to use. My only question about the new damage system is how it made longs swords better.

That is a good point. I hadn't thought of that myself.

Actually I find the Wiki is easier to use. My only question about the new damage system is how it made longs swords better.

Oh I agree, I always used wikis and spreadsheets for comparisons. I just find it humorous that they stated they wanted to simplify things yet went in the complete opposite direction.

This current system with what?..... 12 different resistence types is just really stupid, its wayyyy overcomplicated.....

now i have to bring  a primary and a secondary, both setup for different damage against different enemies in the same faction,.. Pffffff...

Edited by D3ST

Oh I agree, I always used wikis and spreadsheets for comparisons. I just find it humorous that they stated they wanted to simplify things yet went in the complete opposite direction.

Lol,.. u should have learned that by now,..

we want less grinding = more grinding

we want more diversity in the missions = still absolutly NO diversity in missions..

we want more diversity in the dynamic events, = grind the same mission 50+ times to get the rewards..

and so on and so forth...

I still love this game and still play several hours a day, even with over 600 hrs logged,.. i just wish they would actually implement the changes they talk about implementing in the livestreams..

This current system with what?..... 12 different resistence types is just really stupid, its wayyyy overcomplicated.....

now i have to bring  a primary and a secondary, both setup for different damage against different enemies in the same faction,.. Pffffff...

But balance is great, right?  Whoever asked for balance needs to die.  I play this game cause it's a shooter.  I just want to pick up a gun and kill things without consulting an ever changing damage table.

I don't mind a bit of complexity, but it is getting to be too much.

Even if I was a fan of using my scanner to fill out my codex (I play this game for the fast paced combat), I don't want to have to page through multiple entries and try and keep track of individual resistances for the factions of the factions, then back out to the arsenal and try and put together a competent loadout.

Also, can we get text tags in the codex?  I don't have each elemental combo's icon memorized, and frankly, shouldn't have to do so. 

Thanks for those that update the wiki!  Cause I'll take an at-a-glance spreadsheet that tells me everything I need to know over the codex anyday.

Edited by Zurkr

i am maintaining this to figure out the main bonus % of weapons but after discovering about armor scaling giving armor bypassing elements a geometric scaling of their damage, i figured i should expand it.

i do regret it a bit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VOnLfUyJt9YkRqJcBRuLwVdpeafIvj8JZnLqR9rRvPc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

on the right of the main table i have the true damage % of all elements on grineer. south of the main table, you will find most used weapons and how their damage layout affects the different types of health surfaces. this is usually good if you want to discover how much extra % you get for using a certain weapon. to the right of such table, i have built 2 tables describing the extra damage archieved by weapons for ignoring part of the armor comparing it to dam1.0, using different armor ratings on both tables. im quite certain i either need lesson on how to tidy documents or i made something needlessly complicated from something needlessly complicated.

i am mentally prepared for dam2.5. if this document can take it, its a different matter entirely.

Armor is still broken. Damage 2.0 didn't fix Armor.

Infinitely scaling Armor is an inherently broken system. It needs to go.

Units need a STATIC unchanging armor value over their ever expanding HP.

Armor should be Ablative or a Health Pool itself that will "break" after enough damage and remove the damage reduction.

Elemental resistances/bonus need to step at 15%, not 25%.

Elemtnal Sub-types should have resistances based on their parent element, not unique to themselves. Steps should be 7.5% where they don't cancel out.

Universally, Shields should resist: Heat Toxic. Armor should resists: Cold Electric. Health resists nothing.

Each faction is given 2 different (1 resist / 1 weakness) combos, spread out over the different units.

Edited by Brasten

I don't mind a bit of complexity, but it is getting to be too much.

Even if I was a fan of using my scanner to fill out my codex (I play this game for the fast paced combat), I don't want to have to page through multiple entries and try and keep track of individual resistances for the factions of the factions, then back out to the arsenal and try and put together a competent loadout.

Also, can we get text tags in the codex?  I don't have each elemental combo's icon memorized, and frankly, shouldn't have to do so. 

Thanks for those that update the wiki!  Cause I'll take an at-a-glance spreadsheet that tells me everything I need to know over the codex anyday.

Why can't DE just copy and paste that wiki table into the game?