Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7- What's Your Feedback People?

Pheiorox

Hi DE's. I really loved Warframe. But not Update 7. Why? Here's why.

- I love the previous skill upgrade menu. More easier to upgrade there. My best suggestion is to keep the old one, and just add a special orokin catalyst/reactor to unlock upgrade paths. ( Which upgrades to specific paths preffered by players).

- Fusioning decks/cards require alot of credits. I think those who are planning to starting the game would take a lot of time on farming those credits.

- As stated by mjhusn on the other topic, our characters are so squishy and dies easily. I hate to say this, that update 6.1 was the still the best. And now Update 7, it's making me nuts!

I hope you guys will take this suggestion into consideration. Else I'm gonna back out from the game.

Cheers.

~Pheiorox.

This new update has been negative, mainly because:

1) We don't have custom stats anymore, we're no longer able to choose what stats we can upgrade.

2) All of our hard earned mods are gone, have to start fresh, alot of time has already been invested there and now they're gone. Time is money, basically now we've lost all investment that we've earned.

3) Mods don't drop that frequent, and the stats now depends on the mods collected. Basically now, we're nothing but playing a lvl 1 character. What are levels for when all the stats depends on the mod?

Update 7,

If you take away the mod cards for the stats, all the Warframes become the same. So literally there's no point in having more than one Warframe if that is the case. The new mod system would have been ok but at the moment I see nothing. Sure it makes the Warframes more flexible BUT at the cost of taking all the things that make that Warframe unique. Rhino used to be pretty strong now its no better than my Nyx if I removed its mod cards.

The chat system has bugs as well. The only real good thing that came out of this were two pretty good Warframes that actually fit the role they're stated and the new weapons which are epic. Beyond that, more bad than good. I expect some changes though.

Im extremely annoyed by the invisible babyfences everywhere,

cant jump over rails when youre too close to them, cant walk up most walls (i.e. new corpus def mission, kiliken)

The whole squishiness thing is great fun for me though.

But the biggest thing to me is that still the game has close to absolutly no nada ingame information about what stuff is doing statwise. Whats the dmg of my friggin Dual Heatswords with this and that mod compared to that layout? Whats the benefits of the Bow? Whats my frames Current health, shield and power?

Other than that..

The new tilesets are awesome and a pleasure to the aye, the hovercar thing looks cool, but it has the same little bugs as the grineer asteroid base had, Prodneys fellas shooting through crates (not the railgun moas), invisible walls and fences everywhere.

I like the bow, though it lacks a function to un-draw it to conserve the arrow after you charged it.

The Fang has no wall-dash attack, otherwise looks interesting and feels different

Cant comment on the Sentinels yet, but i saw them ingame and thought they were much bigger than they are, they seem to be even smaller than an osprey.

Yeah and the whole upgrade thing feels awkward and lacks comfort. You really have to peel those cards out of your frame to upgrade them each time. And the costs are quite high but i guess thats kinda okay concidering there are people with bazillions of credits.

But enough writing, already lost 5 minutes grind time :/

im ingame now, see you around!

i really do hate this update and want at least a reset to get my platinum back. My wyrm sentinal is garbarge and can't stay alive for more than 30 seconds

If only the DE's would reset the plats, surely you'll have loads to try on new stuffs without the need to invest further. Can't agree to that.

Mod/Card system seems backward to me. We get mod capacity by leveling and progression (abilities/shields/HP/damage/etc) by collecting loot, which makes weapon and frame ranking near useless numbers, where before they were a least a general representation of their combat potential, with or without mods.

Shouldn't it be more like we get progression from leveling (at least on a basic scale) and find loot to increase mod capacity?

What I'm thinking is like an RPG skill point system. You rank up your weapon/frame and put a point in shield/hp/armor/dmg/stamina to increase combat effectiveness slightly, but keeping it as a back seat to mod fusion. Which would work, for the most part, the same as it does now. Then mod cap would be upgraded with something like fusion cores (like a non BP made, somewhat common orokin potato drop)

Edited by AXCrusnik

-Loading screens seemed to take forever now. I may take a nap.

- My excaliber prime is as squish as my loki? On the level 2-4 Assassination mission? When my Prime is level 28 and my weaps are all at least level 20? And all my mod slots are filled with stuff i bought with plat and spent about 400 plat to try and acquire because all my previous mods were gone?! If I wanted to play my loki or a squishier char I would. Not supposedly the most well rounded Frame and then get my butt handed to me at lvl 28 by lvl 2 mobs. Just saying.

- Great new AI system.

- Pets, Great Idea. Perfect that.

-New warframes. Love em, but could i get a little bit more info and what is raising which stat or some basic stats to go off of. It's awesome when you find out a stat works with your warframes abilities but that would be something that would make or break an item.

Mod/Card system seems backward to me. We get mod capacity by leveling and progression (abilities/shields/HP/damage/etc) by collecting loot, which makes weapon and frame ranking near useless numbers, where before they were a least a general representation of their combat potential, with or without mods.

Shouldn't it be more like we get progression from leveling (at least on a basic scale) and find loot to increase mod capacity?

What I'm thinking is like an RPG skill point system. You rank up your weapon/frame and put a point in shield/hp/armor/dmg/stamina to increase combat effectiveness slightly, but keeping it as a back seat to mod fusion. Which would work, for the most part, the same as it does now. Then mod cap would be upgraded with something like fusion cores (like a non BP made, somewhat common orokin potato drop)

I prefer something like Grid levelling. If you want a RPG based, take Final Fantasy 10-13 for example. If one prefers to make their own skill, then they should focus on what they want.For example, no matter how hard or last level you're at in Final Fantasy, it is impossible to complete all of those skills and perks because to balance the way of gaming. Love your idea btw

Mod system.

The new mod system is good. Think about long term consequence, it offers bigger and better customization opportunity than the old skill tree. The objects of negativity, which is most apparent so far in the forum, are the unannounced 'soft reset' which effectively put all players back to square one and the price of fusion (resolved).

In term of customization. The old skill tree was mostly filled with filler nodes which were largely overlooked during UP6. They served as a path to mod slots and power nodes. No one cared about them in UP6 ; there was no 'upgrade fillers' topic but there were abundant 'make build that use all mod slots' topic. Clearly this new mod system get rid of these fillers and gives us the essential, mod slot.

However, without level progression system to give players sense of progression and entirely relies on RNG to gives us progression is risky. There will be some players with exponentially bad luck who probably play the first 50 hours without health/shield/armor mod dropped from missions. DE should balance progression between passive stat increase and mod system.

However, the mod system fits weapon progression like a glove. The old weapon trees were mostly useless and players already depended on various mods to increase their performance in UP6. UP7 mod system is definitely improve the weapon progression into a more concise version.

UI

UI has room, multiple rooms for improvement. There's no bulk sell option for fusion core. The fusion system isn't well-explained. No in-game tutorial for the new system. No 'back' button in weapon customization screen. However, the modification screen for frames and weapons are easy to understand and navigate.

also

Where is my chat? Pressing T no longer summon chatbox on the screen. No chatbox in the main menu, Priority fix DE.

That's all for now, new tileset is awesome. No sentinel yet. Have Paris but no dager and pistol yet.

This game has become less and less enticing to play as time passes.

I started seriously liking this game a few months ago. I'm having trouble justifying keeping such close tabs on the game now. I don't even understand what it is the Devs are actually trying to accomplish. It has been a long while since I've read about upcoming changes and thought "This is amazing!"

It is pretty bad when the fans can speculate better gameplay then actually seems to exist patch after patch. I don't understand why anyone would think people would stick with this game once it is actually launched. It'll be a weekend fling for many people.

In the long term, I think update 7 is a step in the right direction. Once I got over the knee-jerk reaction of starting the day with roughly 200,000 credits and ending with less than 200 to level up a single loadout (that was once level 30) to the equivalent of maybe level 15-ish. Sure, I'm no longer godlike, and the cost of upgrading mods is rediculous (I'm sure they can lower it), but this new system actually allows for more stat customization. And there's no longer that rank 15 wall - you can use all of your powers without a potato (better for the free players).

I honestly think Update 7 is a step up for Warframe. But it changed the game flow too much and hurt public perception by relying too much on the new mod system for player advancement; DE is going to have to fix this before PAX.

I love the new mod system since it allows for new warframe abilities and special perks, but it doesn't stand by itself:

- There is a serious need for a passive stat increase in our equipment to support it; puts a sense of player progression back.

- Level 30 stuff doesn't feel level 30, even though I'm able to strap more mods onto them. At least it's conditioning me into playing smarter, but it limits me into playing 'easier' missions. And playing online, it makes us stick together more!

- The random drop of mods and fusion prices really kills the feeling of player progression.

- Needs a starter pack and credit options to buy booster packs; it feels too P2W. I'm guilty of this though.

The pets are fine-ish; are they biomechanical?

- My pet stays alive when I don't jump into a firefight.

- Helps destroy those latchers (got the Wyrm); it also works as a great proximity alert when it shoots something I don't notice!

- Would feel better if pets could fly around the player as opposed to being static; it'll increase lifespan

- Needs a degree of passive health regeneration or more HP.

- A way to track their health/shields.

- I would be happier if pet visuals changed based on rank (pokemon pokemon pokemon).

- I feel that pet mods should be universal.

General feedback:

- Weapon coloring is broken for old weapons :S

- Love the new Grineer variety.

- This update created a serious broken base; some of my buddies completely lost interest. That's a huge red flag for any game, but it's to be expected when a major content patch changes gameplay rules, hang in there DE!

---

I really don't like it when players just say "I hate this game now I quit everything is ruined" as opposed to waiting to see what happens to the game next in response to the negative feedback, especially since this game is still in beta. These responses only perpetuate the general feeling the game is going to suck indefinitely, I feel it :S

it's surprizing to see so much complain that they're 'weak' now; it implied to me that we got too spoiled by being super powered in the short run...

My feedback:

I think there should be at least some basic stat growth on frames. I like the % based mods, since heavy frames now get more shields (+200% on Rhino = 450, on squishy 300) and armor, so there is bigger difference between them. Dunno if some extra speed makes up for 150 shields though.

Weapons need to level a bit faster imho.

Mod system is VERY confusing, I only just figured it out a while ago. Some kind of better introduction is a must.

How does the bow work? It takes rifle mods but its damage doesnt increase with my rifle +% fire/lightning damage (is it bug?). Is it affected by firerate? And so on... explanation would be nice.

Rather than fusion being too expensive it's that we get too little from missions/selling now. Selling used to be the major way we made credits. Now that selling is not much of an option you'll have to up the credit gain on missions/alerts.

A lot of weapons feel obsolete now. Gorgon without some major moding is utterly useless and even with them si now outclassed by my Vandal in every wayl. I had 2 supercharged weapons, Gorgon and Lex. Both are pretty useless now since I'm at the mercy of luck to find firerate, dmg, reload and clip mods for my Lex. Not cool...

I like this patch overall, but it's a mess. But that was kinda expected.

The new update is the challange we all needed. Admit it people you were thinking since you are lvl 30 you are gods now. Well not anymore. The game reminded us that nothing is easy and we love this game because of that. By the way, I don`t think they will lower the price costs. Lets be honest, after we got around 250 000 credits most of us were wondering what to spend it for? So we stoped making normal missions. All we did were alerts with "?" in the reward section. Some of us became so arogant that we even started making sites, networks of people that try the mission and then write back whats the drop so to see if its worth it. Lets admit it we all were looking for rare prices because there wasnt no better reward for us at that time. Well now we must fight for cash as well. If thats a challange BRING IT ON! :)

I just love how they are improving the game, they want us to be hunters so lets hunt! :)

Btw I still havent tried the sentinels but that will happen tomorow after I return from work. :D

The new update is the challange we all needed. Admit it people you were thinking since you are lvl 30 you are gods now. Well not anymore. The game reminded us that nothing is easy and we love this game because of that. By the way, I don`t think they will lower the price costs. Lets be honest, after we got around 250 000 credits most of us were wondering what to spend it for? So we stoped making normal missions. All we did were alerts with "?" in the reward section. Some of us became so arogant that we even started making sites, networks of people that try the mission and then write back whats the drop so to see if its worth it. Lets admit it we all were looking for rare prices because there wasnt no better reward for us at that time. Well now we must fight for cash as well. If thats a challange BRING IT ON! :)

I just love how they are improving the game, they want us to be hunters so lets hunt! :)

Btw I still havent tried the sentinels but that will happen tomorow after I return from work. :D

Thats pretty funny considering all the new players they are trying to get in their base gameplay will have a hell of a time to get anything at all with the prices so high, to me it doesnt bother me much since i have 5mil+ credits but still, the new players will be drawn off very quickly due to the fact everything is so hard to come by. They will get extremely bored and frustrated very fast and move on. But I really do agree on the fact what was mentioned earlier about howcome they dont place the Orokin catalyst and Orokin Reactor for high credit prices, that would really help out alot with the fact that them 2 items are almost an absolute P2W option since i only seen 1 Orokin Reactor in 1 Month of playing this game, and thats everyday i play this game, thats pretty sad. Im just upset at the fact that i had 3 multishot mods for shotgun, 2 for the rifle, and 1 for the pistol, and had 2 puncture for shotgun, 2 for rifle, and now i have a super gut feeling that them mods wont drop regular at any lev you play since they are offering mod packs, which kinda reminds me of EA's Gambling luck draw money rip off system. Which i wont place any money into that at all, their should be a moderate way to lev into the game with mods and gear and such, not an easy way, but not an extremely hard way as it is placed now. Sure the fact they are trying to make more players join together is neat. But hell, you been there, some of us have times where we want to play solo, i get tired of playing with other players at times, especially the ones that think the damn game is a race to see who gets to the end the fastest and everybody else loses out of the mission reward which is BS, and now its kinda forced into that factor again lol. But I do like the fact of new looking levs, more variety and animation to the lev, I just dont like the fact that the whites are so bright in the new lev, it glares so tremendously bad, that its hard to see enemies at times, its not the lag or anything like that cause i dont lag at all in the game, it runs super smooth. The mod system isnt horribly bad, but to us veteran's that worked tremendously hard to get them ultra-rare multishot and puncture mods, well it kinda hurt lol. but the fact that the Pet takes 2 Warframe slots is a little overkill, especially from reading on of others comments about them lol, they shouldn't require a slot to use them, thats just another way of having a P2P option into the game. Hopefully the DE will end up having a true heart of people playing and the previous players instead of gambling into the plot and black hole of greed and money.

Other then the new levels, frames, weapons. You #*($%%@ up hard.

1.) the new mod system does not incorperate passive bonuses at all, a level 1 and a level 30 warframe have NO DIFFERNCES! this was key to surviving in the game, I have ran naked in a level 30 warframe though pulto, I cant even run though venus in a level 30 frame now and thats jsut wrong.

2.) The new mod system killed the economy. Players relied on the old mods to sell for cash to use in places like the foundry, with the new fusion system your asking us to sell mods at half their origional prices or less, for a system that costs thosands and thosands of credits just to level up one. I prefered the system you had where it cost 500 or so to slot a power in the frame rather then this Not to mention when I went to slot mods, I could slot 8, 10, 12 level 30 mods, I cant do that in my wildest dreams now, which means you just nerfed the capabilitys of every frame in existance making your game substancially harder, and solo play almost impossible.

3.) Not giving us mods to start with? are you insane? The new system wouldnt be so bad if you had GIVEN US WHAT WE LOST! you might have well just reset our entire accounts cause other then what weapons and warframes we have unlocked we have to play though the damn game again just to farm mods to even get some ounce of power back

4.) My suggestion, Change the system back! I do not know of a single person who complained about the old system. It had passive bonuses, a BETTER MOD SYSTEM, and was EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND USE! Why the hell did you even change it in the first place! If you had gone from where we are now to it, youd have done a very very good thing! but you went backwards and its BAD! I hate it and i might leave warframe over it to be honest, cause I dont want to put up with how it is implimented and it ruins gameplay.

Edited by Goldobsidian

Alright in reply to the actual forum, I hear quite a few people saying "we were spoiled" and "we needed this challenge". When I went to Mars with my level 28 Excaliber that boss required and still requires some SERIOUS skill to beat. My friend as a level 20 Rhino and my level 28 TRIED to do it and we got OWNED. The content challenge is there and HAS been. But when you make the first mission people are able to get overrun by 3 mobs because you happend to get knocked down it makes little to no fun factor.

Hell it says in the intro "We are the MASTERS of SWORD and GUN" and suddenly we get owned at level 30 by level 2 mobs. We need more balance not more CHALLENGE. In short people play to "Feel like a God".

This game has become less and less enticing to play as time passes.

I started seriously liking this game a few months ago. I'm having trouble justifying keeping such close tabs on the game now. I don't even understand what it is the Devs are actually trying to accomplish. It has been a long while since I've read about upcoming changes and thought "This is amazing!"

It is pretty bad when the fans can speculate better gameplay then actually seems to exist patch after patch. I don't understand why anyone would think people would stick with this game once it is actually launched. It'll be a weekend fling for many people.

Unfortunately I feel kind of the same way. I put off playing the game for many weeks before update 7 and things feel worse. I kind of regret buying into the founders program seeing how things are right now. I'm not completely quiting... I'll give it another try today.

- Most Warframes have only 4 mod slots. This is an atrocity. ( -3 from abilities and -1 for either Health/Shield mod. This is also assuming that there's an ability you can skip.)

- The only skill on my Volt I bother using is Electric Shield.

- Mod drop rates are so random that I've gone through entire missions (150+ kills) and didn't get a single mod drop.

- Scavenger cards are still garbage (I've gone through missions with the bow + sniper and seen as little as 3 boxes drop.)

- Energy/Health Siphon cards are only useful because the other options are generally worse.

- Most weapons don't even have more than 1 of the "special" mod slots (What are they called? Polarity?)

- Most weapons base statistics are so bad that I get bored during reloads and have to burn through ammo boxes like crazy in boss fights.

- Rare cards seem to be mostly class ability cards. (I still haven't seen something like +Damage/+Reload in a single mod, do they even exist?)

- Mission rewards are still really meager (How about a random roll at the end for Mods?)

Those are just a breif summary of my thoughts. I still want to love warframe but it's like an abusive girlfriend atm.

Edited by Zxypher

This new update has been negative, mainly because:

1) We don't have custom stats anymore, we're no longer able to choose what stats we can upgrade.

2) All of our hard earned mods are gone, have to start fresh, alot of time has already been invested there and now they're gone. Time is money, basically now we've lost all investment that we've earned.

3) Mods don't drop that frequent, and the stats now depends on the mods collected. Basically now, we're nothing but playing a lvl 1 character. What are levels for when all the stats depends on the mod?

About that number 2.

It's beta, your hard work could've been deleted in a hard reset for all you know. They warned everyone how this is going to work. Getting a bit sick that people throw this around when it's pretty much their own fault for not keeping up and not knowing what a ''beta-test'' means. The main idea behind the whole beta-testing is to make the game ready, right now it's still in development.

Basically: people are mad because a reset happened, which was warned. Also, resets are done 90% of every beta test, closed OR open.

The only difference now is you have your guns and your have your frames. The thing needs balancing, but crying about a ''i'm level one now!'' doesn't help. I didn't cry and now i have 20% power effiency, 300 shield and 400 health with my sentinel recharging my shield. Nothing can kill me. Not to mention a lot more goodies and i only had about 800k.

If you learn how to use this system effiently, you see it's positive side. I mean really, it's pretty awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problems:

- Fusion Cost.

- Levels don't mean progression anymore, disencouraging. Leveling needs something like base-stats increase by 1%/level.

- Can't fuse equipped mods.

- Considering our biggest cash flow was made into the biggest cash sink, no money.

- Skills are drops. Big mistake. Skill should be just there as equipped and unlocked every like.. 5 levels or so.

- Sorting system is flawed, eg: no Search system.

- Lack of automatic ''Fuse Duplicates'' button.

- Can't sell multiple mods at the same time. Now THIS is annoying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get those things fixed = my dream warframe game.

Overall, new enviroments, new warframes and weapons are pure awesome. Just PURE awesome, i mean i'm in awe.

While it has it's problems, you need to realise that that's why we are here.

Edited by Torguish