The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Design Contest Should Be Judged By Whole Community

HelioKnight

and you wonder why the DC has leak problems... why are you posting this? you dont know the whole situation as far as adopting/implementation of ALL of these weapons. The order is not really relevant. But all you are doing is stirring up a bunch of people for no good reason. DC is there for feedback not drama

Remove this nubcake from the DC.

HOWEVER people who are not DC are in this poll, and I find it quite disturbing these people are not allowed to be updated on what they put into this poll. They should be made aware of it!

Can't wait to see more threads like this pop up, complaining about design council like they have any idea what is going on or how it works. Contrary to popular belief, this is not the have's and have-not's.

For those who obviously have not actually look into the entries that were put up (that we are now voting on), all of which contain new mechanics that are not yet in the game. Don't go bashing shields (cwutididthur) because blocking will become a more interesting mechanic in melee 2.0, as only some of us seem to be aware of impending changes to core mechanics.

Pile bunker is probably not leading whatsoever because it doesn't have nearly the variety of the other entries. Sure it's cool and fancy and all, but it received a lot of attention because of it's place in the concept thread. The real gold will always be hidden in the mountain of spam. I'm certainly not against it, but the mechanics are simplistic and needs a lot more fleshing out of its concept to show how else it intends to operate (which the other concepts did that are being voted on).

And at the end of the day, we'll certainly get more than the top three entries in the vote. Be patient folks.

Kids, hold your pants. There is the shield weapon, the mitos and the tonfas currently winning.

No need to whine about longswords or boring weapons....

Except the sword and shield, rope dagger, and tonfas are 3 of the most boring / uninspired choices. But it wouldn't be a DC vote if the winner wasn't the worst choice possible.

I'd prefer they never allow players to vote on anything. The other day I've been farming credits in tower missions and complained about how Nova looks wrong and out of place with these legs. I've been told it's design by random guys who won some contest.

Now, that might be a lie, but I'm wary of devs letting any players vote on design of anything.

I'd prefer they never allow players to vote on anything. The other day I've been farming credits in tower missions and complained about how Nova looks wrong and out of place with these legs. I've been told it's design by random guys who won some contest.

Now, that might be a lie, but I'm wary of devs letting any players vote on design of anything.

I have never seen that anywhere so I would like to see where you got this from. Also all the melee concepts being voted on are fan made and regardless DE has last say on the creation of these weapons, just like they would if the nova's design was fan made. This threads more about letting the community vote on community made things rather then just the design counsel, which would be nice.

So the unique and fresh Grineer Pile Bunker is not even in the first 3? Holy moly...

So a pull option with a weapon aint unique?

So a shield-like option aint unique?

A new style melee weapon on the arms, aint unique?

The Pile Bunkeer made me think to kogate etc some close up weapon again.so i find it less unique.

^ah we got the console person who believes everything and demands exclusive items.

1) Design Council was asked for a warframe type

many suggestions were made.

2) They selected a few:

Necro,Hawk,Earth,Antimatter,berserker

we got polled and we picked antimatter

3) They came with a few names people suggested and we voted on it

4) we voted for the skills as well.

BUT NEVER for the looks.

also necro that ended 2nd got added later: Nekros

and recently berserker: Valkyr

Edited by jmthebigman

DE never lets us vote on a design... just names, titles, types, abilities, sounds, and now its weapons... All warframe designs are DE's work.

All of the finalists look lots of fun and some have very interesting mechanics proposed by the creators.

Maybe our voting is just a "which weapon gets made first" and DE will go ahead and make all of them eventually, because a lot of them would be the first weapons of their type.

Because whips were so much fun, right? All those broken hitboxes and animation and stuff.

There were no katanas for us to vote on and the only longsword, that I think looks pretty damn good is hardly even close to being one of the accepted designs.

I'm more depressed that a sword and shield design is winning. Seriously, a shield....

NINJAS USE NINJATO!!! NOT KATANA!!!

Except the sword and shield, rope dagger, and tonfas are 3 of the most boring / uninspired choices. But it wouldn't be a DC vote if the winner wasn't the worst choice possible.

But I didn't even vote for those D:

let me make that sentence right here....

".... most boring unispired choices, in my opinion"

What you like/dislike isnt the benchmark for exciting/boring.

Yeah, the psi jitte and the sparrows would have been way cooler(in my opinion),

but that doesnt mean that the other choices arent worth it. Besides that.

Who says that DE wont bring up the other ideas later?

I understand your point of view, but please, being against something that isnt even released yet is just wrong in every possible way...

Because whips were so much fun, right? All those broken hitboxes and animation and stuff.

I could say either two things:

1) L2aim

2) Check options for melee settings x.x

it aint bugged...

and shin they give us options, there were also a few better ones in our opinion that got left out.

Also DE gave us picture of Carrier.

we suggested names and powers.

got shortlisted and we voted.

hell they did instantly go for the most suggested weapon: shotgun without even polling since like over 50% suggested it.

edit:

@venarge true they did it before multiple times.

we had choice on tenno weapons, soma won.

and in the end all 3 got released.

also look at the warframe example i posted earlier.

Edited by jmthebigman

We didn't pick nova's looks, just her abilities/theme. Everyone seems to love molecular prime... not understanding all the design council hate, its like you guys think we have a direct line to DE and deliberatly sabotage things.

Could someone explain to me why a sword and shield (A concept never touched on before in Warframe) is a boring and uninspired idea? I legitimately think that it'll add something new, fresh and interesting to the game.

The Pile Bunker on the other hand is really, just another fist weapon. Sure, a flashy and interesting one, but a fist weapon nonetheless.

Imho, all I've seen in this thread is people who've decided that they're opinion/likes/desires is more correct/right then anothers, that, or people are simply getting mad at the DC for not voting for what they wanted.

Just my 2c, flame on.

[Edit: Added a bit more.]

Edited by AarenMiridian

Could someone explain to me why a sword and shield (A concept never touched on before in Warframe) is a boring and uninspired idea? I legitimately think that it'll add something new, fresh and interesting to the game.

The Pile Bunker on the other hand is really, just another fist weapon. Sure, a flashy and interesting one, but a fist weapon nonetheless.

Ever tried blocking?

I could say either two things:

1) L2aim

2) Check options for melee settings x.x

it aint bugged...

and shin they give us options, there were also a few better ones in our opinion that got left out.

Also DE gave us picture of Carrier.

we suggested names and powers.

got shortlisted and we voted.

hell they did instantly go for the most suggested weapon: shotgun without even polling since like over 50% suggested it.

edit:

@venarge true they did it before multiple times.

we had choice on tenno weapons, soma won.

and in the end all 3 got released.

also look at the warframe example i posted earlier.

But sometimes I hit the enemy and the whip whatever goes right trough them. Whips are worthless anyways.

Ever tried blocking?

I'm significantly more interested in the opportunity to use the shield as an offensive weapon.

To imply a shield cannot/should not be used offensively is silly

Edit: Melee 2.0 is also supposed to re-visit blocking, no?

Edited by AarenMiridian