The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Turn Off The Bursts?

Tsoe

heard long time ago that we would be able to to trigger burst mode on or off for some weapons

i  would love a balista without burst

ikr burst... not burts

Edited by Tsoe

How about change how burst trigger works. Instead of the "pull the trigger and your gun goes full auto for a second without any control" which basically gives you the worst parts of semi-auto and full auto at the same time, make it so that burst works like this: when you pull the trigger, the weapon will start firing full auto, but will stop at the burst limit (2 Kraken, 3 for Sicarus(p) and Burston(p), 5 for Hind), at which point you have to take your finger off the trigger, wait out the burst delay and fire again.

How about change how burst trigger works. Instead of the "pull the trigger and your gun goes full auto for a second without any control" which basically gives you the worst parts of semi-auto and full auto at the same time, make it so that burst works like this: when you pull the trigger, the weapon will start firing full auto, but will stop at the burst limit (2 Kraken, 3 for Sicarus(p) and Burston(p), 5 for Hind), at which point you have to take your finger off the trigger, wait out the burst delay and fire again.

sound not so bad

There's no option to turn off burst-fire, although you can charge the Ballistica to launch a single, more powerful shot instead of four small ones. Either way I doubt they would give us such an option, as it kind of defeats the purpose of the weapon being a balance of semi and full auto in the first place. If you want semi-auto you buy the Latron, and if you want full-auto you stick with a Braton.

Ok lets think about this one. Say i take the burston and turn off the burst mode. All of the sudden i have a plain-jane rifle that is only slightly different than other rifles. Not ok.

Burst rifles are meant to be burst rifles. That is why they do more damage than regular rifles.

This idea you have has been presented many times, but it has never been true.

main reason i can't use the hind is because of this, i agree

"The main reason that I can't use ogris is because it shoots rockets."

It's the main point of the weapon. Just because you don't like the weapon doesn't mean it needs changing.

OT: It would be interesting to have a manual burst mode on/off switch for certain weapons. However, the mechanics of the burst shots themselves on our current burst weapons are fine, and should not change. Burston shouldn't change at all ("Autoon"), and Ballistica already has a secondary fire mode that you can use instead.

Changing the mechanics in any way (such as the "hold down the fire button until the burst limit, then release and hold again" suggestion, which, by the way, severely overestimates the speed of the human finger and accomplishes the goals of neither automatic weapons nor burst weapons) would defeat the point of having burst weapons in the first place.

Edited by SortaRandom