The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To De From Your Veterans (The megathread)

--collstro--

Well, then you shouldn't pay for that grocery, but go over to another shop, where the sales guy smiling at you, and they say its fresh and will not rot in weeks and healthy and it costs fractions like in the other shop. And of course they really don't sell garbage because the other shoppers do agree with the sales person and they say they shop there for months.

This is a market if they want to sell me something I don't like I don't buy it. Nor should you.

if the food isn't going to rot for weeks it's probably got preservatives and stuff in it. :o

So long as it says they can in the EULA/TOS they can do whatever they want pretty much.

Biiig misconception. On court logic rules over idiot EULAS. For instance, they can't take stuff back once you paid for it. Does the car company come and takes the car back after 12months when you bought it for $$$ but you signed a contract? Court rules over ANY kind of idiot eula.

But since people believe what you believe they don't even think they got rights like that.

Biiig misconception. On court logic rules over idiot EULAS. For instance, they can't take stuff back once you paid for it.

Which is what I said later on. As long as you still retain the item, they can do whatever they want. (and that line was in reference to changing stuff, not taking stuff away).

I know what they can and cannot do perfectly well, more than you if you believe they cannot make big changes.

i found this letter now and i have to agree with you. 

But may i ask what makes a player to a veteran? 

Probably mostly time and experience than anything. 

People from the very beginning or near the very beginning. 

As warframe continues to go on and change the time period of veterancy will creep forwards. maybe have been playing for a year or longer. It's kind of hard to give a definite answer. 

i found this letter now and i have to agree with you. 

But may i ask what makes a player to a veteran? 

Let's not start this argument again please. At least 20 of these 47 pages has been people arguing about what makes a veteran and it got pretty bad, derailing the topic so far someone had to step in and tell everyone to get back on topic. But if you think you have a fairly good understanding of the game mechanics and the main issues with it trough some gameplay experience and believe you can participate, then there is nothing stopping you. :)

It is not about what your mastery is, not about the founder status, not about the money spent on platinum or hours played, but having an understanding of how the game works and wanting to see it improve. There is no clear definition.

Edited by SoanoS

I came back to this game after receiving an E-mail about the Founder shirt and headband. After I got this E-mail and input the information on where to send it, I thought to myself: "Wow, they really do care about their founders and veterans. Maybe I should go back and play, things must surely be different now..." Sitting here in my Founder's T-shirt, I am giving the OP a +1 and giving them permission to sign my name on that list, as things haven't changed much for the better; put me down as "Bonnnie - A concerned veteran"

DE doesn't seem like a bad company, they just don't listen to the people who really want to help their game foster. They have made some questionable decisions in the past, and I understand that not every fan or veteran has the right idea for their game. However, the level of frustration conveyed at some things could definitely be alleviated, such the need for mystery and subterfuge which should be lessened. Ignoring the fact that this game isn't what I'd call a beta, this game is in beta as quoted by the developers. If this is true would need A LOT more information so we can provide feedback and test appropriately. ESPECIALLY on upcoming major releases. DE is shooting themselves in the foot by releasing a broken system then having to scramble to fix whatever issues they have created. 

If DE really wants to be the player focused company they proclaim to be, it needs to be proven not by words, but by actions.

nah, Steve send minky and geoff to talk about art in warframe, you know , the usual move when things get hot around here.

no one can get mad at minky and geoff.

I really love this, some dude over in the last Tenno Reinforcement update turned that and some sort of move by DE to appease the people and now the art live stream is another DE trick.

Two standard things that have happened for a long time suddenly become something else randomly because of.... well because of nothing. Because you feel like creating conflict where there is none. This is the "slap in the face" mentality.

nah, Steve send minky and geoff to talk about art in warframe, you know , the usual move when things get hot around here.

no one can get mad at minky and geoff.

mhm. I don't think that is the case. DE_Steve don't owe us anything. And you can be mad at him all you want, watching Mynki at the same time.

Besides, by reading letter from Sheldon you can pick thing or two, with blind hope that content of the letter somehow related to this thread. Anyway.

As was mentioned before, words are cheap, be in on forum or LS. little difference really.

From my perspective they can ignore existence of this thread all they want, solving issues explained in this thread in a meantime.

Edited by Althix

First at all sorry for not read some writes before me but i read few before i form an opinion now.

Every people can tell their opinion but just few have chance to form the game but the key is always at the Devs. I am fairly new player here but i see this game is just grinding and possible the later contents would be only just grind making contents. This game have some nice potential like dojo, claning system and in the lore. Something implemented but some just not affect the gameplay really on the way what the majority want. Those peoples whom like the mindless shooters then they found one of them. This game won't be change really because that the devs said they designed this game to the grind and the loot and any others just an addition here which would be the basic of any game. The unique word maybe means here totally boring and mindless because the devs like this.

Need something inspiration to play this game and the major problem with this is the atmosphere which shown to you this game is great and have a lot of potential in but when you play through 3-5 hour then you realise this is the same map design, same enemies, goals just when i reach a weapon and smash the mobs with it. This game is all just grind and when could be turn a bit interesting then they ruin it with some bug and irracionality.

The major problems with this game is that no have communication from devs and they just agree with posts what they like it. Other problem the grinding over time and no lore or end game mechanics which can make some additional hour for fun. The Ai is almost same as other games really few games have normal or acceptable Ai. The game modes are almost same and no variations and no have any interactions with it and with our enemies and fellow tennos.

The RNG never will be change because they aren't idiots and they want to keep the players in game because of money which come from the shop is not few but far enough to do with it anything. If they increase the rates or use multiple rates to show "yes we listen to you guys now go hunt" that just mean they change sometimes to be seen they really listen you and you will be a little more happy to reach that stuff you want actual.

The beta title is sometimes just lies because with this they can say they are working on something and we need to be patient or we don't get any cake. This tools needs to them to keep the interest and they business live because without it they can just say "yes we are an avarege team who cannot code better and do better animations and untalented in lore writing". They take it easy because they know the majority of players mainly the new players try to adopt to this game and they hope everything will be better. Same as with veterans or not veteran but played a lot players because they reach almost everything in this game and they feel first how boredom this game. Then the rainbow fall apart and everyone realise who want realise this game is far from the finish and nothing really implemented what they want or asked. Of course peoples sometimes can ask wrong things and need distinquish which is good idea which isn't but the devs seems just close all door from players and they do how they wanted. 

The freedom of community is free but the devs won't listen single peoples. Maybe if we ever want something characterization lore end game etc etc then we should need make polls in other sites and send to them the list or like the kickstarter and we need to organize some collection then they maybe will implement those things. "I don't want give ides to them". 

They cannot handle their community because the community is diversed and have some nice  ideas and helpful peoples who want to improve this game. Still this game is a half dead and mainly the concepts and fan ideas and the wiki keep alive this game. Hard to say this game without it can remain alive because the devs see mainly the quantities "more people - more money" and not the qualities. These events and almost everything in the past 1 year just money collecting from DE and they do only the minimal works what they can or want to keep us in chains. To hope this game in the future could be turn into a normally game but still this is the reality and we can just believe they won't spread out our precisious time and money to ferraris and villa's. 

They can also hire more member to the stuff to fresh a bit and maybe it can improve the talentum also. 

This post wasn't a rant or arguing and i am not crying about how the game looks now i just told some generally opinion which can be possible and my opinion aswell. Not need to agree with it or disagree only if you wish to continue a long thread you can post too.

Hope the best and wish the better. Good night fellow tennos.

First at all sorry for not read some writes before me but i read few before i form an opinion now.

Every people can tell their opinion but just few have chance to form the game but the key is always at the Devs. I am fairly new player here but i see this game is just grinding and possible the later contents would be only just grind making contents. This game have some nice potential like dojo, claning system and in the lore. Something implemented but some just not affect the gameplay really on the way what the majority want. Those peoples whom like the mindless shooters then they found one of them. This game won't be change really because that the devs said they designed this game to the grind and the loot and any others just an addition here which would be the basic of any game. The unique word maybe means here totally boring and mindless because the devs like this.

Need something inspiration to play this game and the major problem with this is the atmosphere which shown to you this game is great and have a lot of potential in but when you play through 3-5 hour then you realise this is the same map design, same enemies, goals just when i reach a weapon and smash the mobs with it. This game is all just grind and when could be turn a bit interesting then they ruin it with some bug and irracionality.

The major problems with this game is that no have communication from devs and they just agree with posts what they like it. Other problem the grinding over time and no lore or end game mechanics which can make some additional hour for fun. The Ai is almost same as other games really few games have normal or acceptable Ai. The game modes are almost same and no variations and no have any interactions with it and with our enemies and fellow tennos.

The RNG never will be change because they aren't idiots and they want to keep the players in game because of money which come from the shop is not few but far enough to do with it anything. If they increase the rates or use multiple rates to show "yes we listen to you guys now go hunt" that just mean they change sometimes to be seen they really listen you and you will be a little more happy to reach that stuff you want actual.

The beta title is sometimes just lies because with this they can say they are working on something and we need to be patient or we don't get any cake. This tools needs to them to keep the interest and they business live because without it they can just say "yes we are an avarege team who cannot code better and do better animations and untalented in lore writing". They take it easy because they know the majority of players mainly the new players try to adopt to this game and they hope everything will be better. Same as with veterans or not veteran but played a lot players because they reach almost everything in this game and they feel first how boredom this game. Then the rainbow fall apart and everyone realise who want realise this game is far from the finish and nothing really implemented what they want or asked. Of course peoples sometimes can ask wrong things and need distinquish which is good idea which isn't but the devs seems just close all door from players and they do how they wanted. 

The freedom of community is free but the devs won't listen single peoples. Maybe if we ever want something characterization lore end game etc etc then we should need make polls in other sites and send to them the list or like the kickstarter and we need to organize some collection then they maybe will implement those things. "I don't want give ides to them". 

They cannot handle their community because the community is diversed and have some nice  ideas and helpful peoples who want to improve this game. Still this game is a half dead and mainly the concepts and fan ideas and the wiki keep alive this game. Hard to say this game without it can remain alive because the devs see mainly the quantities "more people - more money" and not the qualities. These events and almost everything in the past 1 year just money collecting from DE and they do only the minimal works what they can or want to keep us in chains. To hope this game in the future could be turn into a normally game but still this is the reality and we can just believe they won't spread out our precisious time and money to ferraris and villa's. 

They can also hire more member to the stuff to fresh a bit and maybe it can improve the talentum also. 

This post wasn't a rant or arguing and i am not crying about how the game looks now i just told some generally opinion which can be possible and my opinion aswell. Not need to agree with it or disagree only if you wish to continue a long thread you can post too.

Hope the best and wish the better. Good night fellow tennos.

(oh,god i thought i kill this part of me.). okay rookie i am going break this down and i hope you brought your slippie cup cause i am going to school you on some things.

first bold; in other livestreams they stated they wanted to get rid of grind in which case they haven't. yes, they did fix RNG to some extent but not as much as everyone wants. ever farm ember prime?

second bold; RNG has ran alot of players off due to rage quit. 

third bold; they aint young they have been working on games for a while. dark sector, bioshock, unreal tournament, and star trek the game. not to mention they made their own game engine for this game and darkness 2.....yeah they dont how to code that well.

fourth bold; as stated before, they have been making games for awhile....so they have a fully functioning staff.

overall, do your research. they know what they are doing but the problem is that they lost what we want along time and they dont wnat to turn the car around. i admire your lack of experience in this game like we got. we had to watch what we love rot your just pop in here fresh and new: not scarred from combat and mistakes. 

overall, go batch yourself up and find whats left of some infested level up, rookie.

(oh,god i thought i kill this part of me.). okay rookie i am going break this down and i hope you brought your slippie cup cause i am going to school you on some things.

first bold; in other livestreams they stated they wanted to get rid of grind in which case they haven't. yes, they did fix RNG to some extent but not as much as everyone wants. ever farm ember prime?

second bold; RNG has ran alot of players off due to rage quit. 

third bold; they aint young they have been working on games for a while. dark sector, bioshock, unreal tournament, and star trek the game. not to mention they made their own game engine for this game and darkness 2.....yeah they dont how to code that well.

fourth bold; as stated before, they have been making games for awhile....so they have a fully functioning staff.

overall, do your research. they know what they are doing but the problem is that they lost what we want along time and they dont wnat to turn the car around. i admire your lack of experience in this game like we got. we had to watch what we love rot your just pop in here fresh and new: not scarred from combat and mistakes. 

overall, go batch yourself up and find whats left of some infested level up, rookie.

While I'm glad you took the time to address this person's post, you definitely went about it in the wrong manner. This was stated as their own opinion. While I will make no assumptions, it is visible that they do not have a solid grasp of the English language (at least in comparison to some of the more fluent posters). That being said, he took the time to voice his concerns and try to help this thread by pointing out things he noticed. 

I will agree you have some valid points helix.hex, but there is no need to run players off the face of the earth with your comments. We are all here for the same end result which is to make Warframe a better game to play and a better place to be.

Saying stuff like this to other posters makes you look like some CoD Fan-Forum reject. Posts are better without this petty kind of crap.

battlefield, cod-zombies(more sport, and friends play it.), minecraft, and best game ever: sins of a solar empire(something D.E. needs to look into.) 

also, petty isnt the word i would use. fed up, bitter, spent, disenchante. etc. but, the word correct word is:

harden.(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/harden) #3 for record.

also, like i said i thought i killed it once....it risen for his flesh!

Edited by helix.hex

battlefield, cod-zombies(more sport, and friends play it.), minecraft, and best game ever: sins of a solar empire(something D.E. needs to look into.) 

also, petty isnt the word i would use. fed up, bitter, spent, disenchante. etc. but, the word correct word is:

harden.(http://www.thefreedictionary.com/harden) #3 for record.

also, like i said i thought i killed it once....it risen for his flesh!

You betray yourself letting that attitude rule your posts. People will just deflect your arguments or opinions and get defensive. Nothing worthwhile gets done treating anyone that way. Especially with the hints of elitism leaking from your posts.

You should worry less about telling newer players not to talk about what they don't know and worry more about teaching them properly so that they do understand.

Otherwise it is a waste to worry about who is or isn't a veteran at all. If you can't put experience to good use it is all a waste. All for nothing.

Though, lets be honest here, we both know I'm just stating the obvious saying all that. Suppose this kind of thing just grinds my gears enough to get me talking.

You betray yourself letting that attitude rule your posts. People will just deflect your arguments or opinions and get defensive. Nothing worthwhile gets done treating anyone that way. Especially with the hints of elitism leaking from your posts.

You should worry less about telling newer players not to talk about what they don't know and worry more about teaching them properly so that they do understand.

Otherwise it is a waste to worry about who is or isn't a veteran at all. If you can't put experience to good use it is all a waste. All for nothing.

Though, lets be honest here, we both know I'm just stating the obvious saying all that. Suppose this kind of thing just grinds my gears enough to get me talking.

i do teach: by example. but i have found that alot players have became......infantile. i once cared for the guy who needed help but now, i dont care for them. 

i have tried to be good but, i cannot anymore. insanity of this game has cause all of my clan to leave, thus making the last stormcrow in this game.

i have spend many platinum coins farming for a frame in which is locked behind rng making it a lost cause for the last piece.

i have spend hours just doing missions so i can validate the reason of even playing the game.

it has become sear instinct to check the forums to see if their is something new, or maybe a glimspe into something worth playing that will cause the game to be what it once was to be: fun

you say that i have elitism leaking out of my post? look again; thats loyalty to the game that is bleeding out of me from the wounds D.E has done not just to me but to all us die-hard warframe veterans.

i am a veteran of warframe. nothing more, nothing less. 

i do teach: by example. but i have found that alot players have became......infantile. i once cared for the guy who needed help but now, i dont care for them. 

i have tried to be good but, i cannot anymore. insanity of this game has cause all of my clan to leave, thus making the last stormcrow in this game.

i have spend many platinum coins farming for a frame in which is locked behind rng making it a lost cause for the last piece.

i have spend hours just doing missions so i can validate the reason of even playing the game.

it has become sear instinct to check the forums to see if their is something new, or maybe a glimspe into something worth playing that will cause the game to be what it once was to be: fun

you say that i have elitism leaking out of my post? look again; thats loyalty to the game that is bleeding out of me from the wounds D.E has done not just to me but to all us die-hard warframe veterans.

i am a veteran of warframe. nothing more, nothing less. 

See 

You betray yourself letting that attitude rule your posts. People will just deflect your arguments or opinions and get defensive. Nothing worthwhile gets done treating anyone that way. 

I'm perfectly willing to believe you have good intentions Helix. But I'm telling you that carrying yourself that way does no good. I speak from plenty of experience. I've constantly got to catch myself slipping into the habit of treating opinions I feel are too nearsighted as a problem instead of as someones honest experience

You undermine yourself and those who feel as you do when you lash out at people who don't feel the same way, regardless of the extent of how you lashed out or how true anyone feels it is. Gotta focus on the feedback.

I really love this, some dude over in the last Tenno Reinforcement update turned that and some sort of move by DE to appease the people and now the art live stream is another DE trick.

Two standard things that have happened for a long time suddenly become something else randomly because of.... well because of nothing. Because you feel like creating conflict where there is none. This is the "slap in the face" mentality.

oooh is you mak, welcome, another day to shine!

anyway.

*sometimes a "slap in the face" mentality is better to get things back on rail for something that you care off  than a "kiss you, i love you DE, you are perfect, have my babies" mentality, just saying.

"Because you feel like creating conflict where there is none"

Wait, all the anger and frustation on the forums is because i feel like creating conflict where there is none??

So much power!!

0Gea1ja.jpg?1

go fight with someone else. DE needs you to protect them in a lot of other post.
Edited by omega_phoenix