Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im A Space Ninja, Not A Pokemon Trainer!

shavedllama

I agree, while I'm largely indifferent to the bots, I would like there to be an alternative to a pet system. Perhaps put a special mod slot in for warframes and if you want to play with pets, have a "drone controller" mod installed. If, however, you choose not to, this slot could be used for other, equally powerful things, like new universal abilities, utility mods (eg. Emergency sheilds that activate once every 5min if your sheilds go down) or large passive bonuses (eg. "Survivalist mod: +hp, +sheilds, + armour).

Sentinels are fine, but I'd personally rather not have something else cluttering up my screen, for what's basically a few passive abilities and a damage boost, with out an alternative.

I agree, while I'm largely indifferent to the bots, I would like there to be an alternative to a pet system. Perhaps put a special mod slot in for warframes and if you want to play with pets, have a "drone controller" mod installed. If, however, you choose not to, this slot could be used for other, equally powerful things, like new universal abilities, utility mods (eg. Emergency sheilds that activate once every 5min if your sheilds go down) or large passive bonuses (eg. "Survivalist mod: +hp, +sheilds, + armour).

I like the ideas you have there!

Annoying - highly subjective

Pointless - no explaination, factually wrong. You said it yourself, they have mods and ablities.

Immersion breaking - highly subjective.

Screen obstruction - easy fix, make them "orbit" around you when the player is stationary, and behind camera when in movement.

Yeah, try harder next time.

I bow my head to you, oh smart one. /sarcasm

Try actually reading, not simplifying one's words.

Edited by shavedllama

I like the ideas you have there!

I bow my head to you, oh smart one. /sarcasm

Try actually reading, not simplifying one's words.

Oh so you edited your original post after I posted, yeah good job. /sarcasm

Try checking the time of your edit and my post, not twisting facts.

I have a similar, but simpler idea. What if they made a variety of pets which, instead of flying near you, attached directly to your warframe. Aesthetically, they would look like "modules" for your armor. That way you could simply use the existing system, rather than making a whole new alternative system, and you'd also get another way to visibly customize your warframe. I think someone in another thread suggested a shoulder cannon ala Predator...

I have a similar, but simpler idea. What if they made a variety of pets which, instead of flying near you, attached directly to your warframe. Aesthetically, they would look like "modules" for your armor. That way you could simply use the existing system, rather than making a whole new alternative system, and you'd also get another way to visibly customize your warframe. I think someone in another thread suggested a shoulder cannon ala Predator...

Good idea, the shoulder cannon idea is a nice hybrid of the equipment and the pet. It would certainly be a nice way to introduce small cosmetic items that you could also put into the market.

Here's an idea.

Don't use them.

Wise words.

Just like the arguement that the bow shouldn't have been put in. Don't use it. Simple as that. If it's that big of a deal that something is floating above you then don't use it. Also the emergency shields is the only thing that gives most frames a chance in open combat. It isn't even that OP, you still can get killed easily if you let yourself get under to much fire or shot by grenadier.

I have to say I'm not a big fan of the sentinels, both the function and the aesthetic. My dark and brooding space ninja, slaughtering millions of enemies and leaving nothing alive in his wake is now having his image ruined by a flying worm :P Also, there is the thing where they block your view angle which is very important.

They need to change the height at which they hover, closer to the frame and a little lower, like behind the shoulder - kind of like a pirates parrot I suppose except behind the player. Also they need to get much lower to the ground when you crouch down.

I would alternatively appreciate the option of sacrificing the pet for say a mod hub, a disk that sits on the tenno's back that has the same storage options for emergency shield but doesn't tank or shoot for you, but may have some innate +25 shield or HP that's subject to mods in the frame itself. So in essence you sacrifice the survival and offense of the pet for a little bit more personal survival.

Oh so you edited your original post after I posted, yeah good job. /sarcasm

Try checking the time of your edit and my post, not twisting facts.

Original post is still there , genius, now quit twisting the facts. Another confirmation of your inability to read.

You here to argue with me -personally-? Maybe you should go find another forum.

Sentinels are fine, but I'd personally rather not have something else cluttering up my screen, for what's basically a few passive abilities and a damage boost, with out an alternative.

yeah let the players play as pets :D

• 2 months later...

Well I dont know about you OP, but I consider myself a pokemon trainer card collector ninja... IN SPACE!

But yea, I like my pets, and I definitely gotta collect all them mod cards! I use you! CUBEY! And to amp your attacks I play SERRATION and SPLIT CHAMBER! *intense battle music plays in the background as I go save my grandpa*

Wowzers, what a random necro. Do you realize this thread is like 3 months old? And also has nothing to do with dojos? (Cause like they weren't out) I only noticed this because I check the topics I post in =/

Edited by Liacu

Wowzers, what a random necro. Do you realize this thread is like 3 months old? And also has nothing to do with dojos? (Cause like they weren't out) I only noticed this because I check the topics I post in =/

hah didnt notice the dates, I just saw the thread and read most of the first page comments, then the last page :p

The drones are one of the very, very few things in this update that I didn't think was stupid. I don't understand what you are complaining about.

Pretty much this.  And to throw a few points out there:

1) I own all of them, and they are all badass, and helpful, and don't negate my vision at all -- These complaints are minor.  Quit Crying.

2) They are not needed for end-game at all.  A squad is what is needed if anything.  And I'd say they can be more in the way then your sentinel every would be.

3) Don't solo end-game unless you're a polarized bad &#! (No excuses -- If you die, it's not because of your sentinel, it's because of your illogical choice/idea to step in to a mission when you're clearly under-geared for it.  Even then your sentinel wouldn't save you.  And if it's your first time going in to a mission like that, then you'll end up learning the hard way, just like most of the players here.  Which is fine.  The game shouldn't hold your hand anyway.)

4) You're title didn't attract me something comical, as we are not Space Ninja's.  We are not Assassins, we are not Ronin, Samurai, or anything related.  We play as Warframe's.  Everything else is a falsified idea for comparison based off the idea that warframes never show their face, carry a blade that looks like a katana to start, maneuver about using parkour methods, and have the ability to stealth about and assassinate enemies.  Technically, we are neither Space Ninja's nor Pokemon.  

5)

"No, you didn't. Go look up the word "alternative", stop being a smartass, and get off."

Shavedllama, if you're going to be nice to those who agree with you, and insult players who disagree with you because they don't share your opinion, then perhaps you need to get off (Or out* if that is what you meant.).  Or.. You could behave and do a little growing up.  Just a little advice for your growing mind :).

So to sum it up:

Sentinels: 1  -  Players Negative Opinions towards them: 0