Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Corpus Tech Models Placeholders?

Taihus

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the current Corpus Tech models are a placeholder or not. I mean, a big, red Corpus crewman is kinda... well... video game-y. Or like something the Grineer would do. I'd imagine the Corpus using a sort of boxy exoskeleton, like a high-tech version of that lifter in Aliens.

i wonder if you all considered that the big guy is, in fact, a guy in an exoskeleton suit?

Maybe. But something more visually distinct would still be cool. Hell, even if you keep the model and the red suit, and just put some Waldo armatures along his limbs and a big powerpack arrangement on his back.

Are you kidding? That red jumpsuit is seething with power!

Corpus Techs are crewmen who've gone super-saiyan, obviously.

Maybe. But something more visually distinct would still be cool. Hell, even if you keep the model and the red suit, and just put some Waldo armatures along his limbs and a big powerpack arrangement on his back.

Basically what I was thinking, at the very least.

Tech is an unique enemy in Corpus. Different from moas, but also stronger than those normal crewmans, they seems like human, but stronger than it, that's really interesting to me.

But I think Tech's appearance can be more than that now. They are one of crewmans, but more than that, so how about give them a exoskeleton suit to explain all of this?

According to in-game impressions, Corpus is a faction that good at energy weapons and robotic technology, I think they won't do gene work to their own mans to fight. For them, an exo-suit might be a better ways to get an physique edge when fighting with the grineer.

I'm not good at drawing so I can only give you my concept, maybe you can add a skeleton like frame on their orange spacesuit, like US Army's TALOS program.

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/1901159.jpg

picture of prototype TALOS, the skeleton only design can let tech remain familiar appearance with crewman.

You can give tech a pair of power gloves and power boots to increase their height and length of limbs, so any normal(or an Elite, team leader or something) crewman who wear this can become the tall, strong tech, not only do the dangerous parts of research, but also stand on the frontline fighing Grineer or other threat.

Just some little opinion from a Warframe player, I think that's cool, and can be a part of the expanding lore, if you accept this concept, I will be very appreciate for this.

Definitely +1 to OP and visible Osprey pack, like the Fusion Moas.

Also, having their AI identical to Grineer heavies makes them too easy. Giving them some CC (not ground-slam) would be nice. Right now, they're just free affinity on Xini. They have no sense self-preservation other than "Summon Osprey I".