Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Corpus Tech Models Placeholders?

Taihus

I second the exoskeleton idea, especially if it looks like the armor from Elesium. (Though I've never seen the movie)

One: Elysium armour doesn't fit Corpus style.

Two: When I say exo-skeleton, I want you guys to be thinking of Aliens. THAT is an exo-skeleton. Anything smaller is just an exo-jumpsuit, and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

06.jpg

Edited by Noogums
Added picture because.. LOOK AT IT.

One: Elysium armour doesn't fit Corpus style.

Two: When I say exo-skeleton, I want you guys to be thinking of Aliens. THAT is an exo-skeleton. Anything smaller is just an exo-jumpsuit, and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

06.jpg

Oh yes, now THAT'S more like it!

"Get away from her you *@##$!"

Loving it ^_^

But yeah, putting a Spectra on one hand, the claw on the other, and the Supra as a shoulder mounted weapon? Exactly what the Corpus need!

-Jin

ok so started making a test of this idea. Something like this maby?

corpus_exoskeleton_concept_wip_01_by_gab

Early days.

I think it needs to me more square-like. Corpus tech seems to follow that visual theme, minus the MOAs. Maybe combine that, and the power loader pic from a few posts up, and then I think you got it. ^_^

-Jin

ok so started making a test of this idea. Something like this maby?

Early days.

I'm not sure if I'm crazy about the legs. Personally, when I see the mech in my head, it's pretty bulky, goes along a similar design to their helmets, rather than the MOA's. I also advise you start up a thread in Fan Concepts, could get some better feedback from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Corpus techs should be normal sized Corpus in an exoskeleton set of power armor. Currently the Corpus are for all intents and purposes, "Normal Human beings". so why are a few of them Giants? The answer to this of course is not a lore reason, but a gameplay one. They are significantly more powerful then the rest of the Corpus and need more visual "presence". And that's all fine and good however it feels like the giants in colored orange suits were just a placeholder (I hope)

"Tech" seams like a title for the more technologically proficient among the Corpus. I really think they should be normal sized Corpus inside of a big, shiny set of robotic armor. Keep the Supra, but maybe change them to robotic health type? more health then shields? (because seriously Tech shields are a joke) and he can rely on the shield osprey for significant shields.

Thoughts?

I've always assumed it is purely out of a balance perspective. You see it with Grineer as well - Bombards/Napalms/Heavy Gunners are significantly larger to signify the increased threat they present.

Admittedly, it don't make much sense with the Corpus humans.

Edited by Brimir

I'll pass the idea onto Mynki. I know that we have plans for more modular Corpus enemies down the track, so maybe the Corpus Tech will be revamped when we eventually get to those.

Aha!!!!got you Draice , give them exosuits or make them "Robotier....?" :D  

Good to know new enemies are on the way :)

Edited by Deidaku

I'm not too fond of the "mech" idea though. Why would you go through the trouble to create power armour when you already have a reliable source of actual robotics? I'd say it would be more suitable to make them look more techy, scientists-like instead.

Maybe some sort of futuristic labcoat.

I'm not too fond of the "mech" idea though. Why would you go through the trouble to create power armour when you already have a reliable source of actual robotics? I'd say it would be more suitable to make them look more techy, scientists-like instead.

Maybe some sort of futuristic labcoat.

Even then, they need technicians on the ground in the case of an EMP-related incident or when things go bad enough. The Corpus aren't very sure of the intricacies of the Orokin tech they're using, which explains all the research and reverse-engineering going on.

I mean having a cadre of guys in Rig suits from Dead Space wouldn't be unreasonable.

It's not like anyone is requesting Terminator Armor Corpus Techs.

Though Invested vs Terminator Armored Techs is pretty much Space Hulk all over again.