Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Corpus Tech Models Placeholders?

Taihus

Why have old-like exo-skeleton suits, when you can harvest Warframes? That's the whole point of the Zanuka project: Harvest Waframes to create improved enemies.

Because Corpus Techs are, well, technicians in-charge of repairing and maintaining stuff around the ship? 

Because Corpus Techs are, well, technicians in-charge of repairing and maintaining stuff around the ship? 

If Alad V's attempt at harvesting more Warframes would have gone through, we would have tougher enemies. And probably Corpus inside their own made Warframe suits, somewhat like Valkyr's.

If Alad V's attempt at harvesting more Warframes would have gone through, we would have tougher enemies. And probably Corpus inside their own made Warframe suits, somewhat like Valkyr's.

The way I see it, the Techs aren't meant to be extremely powerful enemies capable of going toe-to-toe with the Warframes. I see them as normal guys using suits which are made more for cargo loading or ship repair than actual combat, and they just happen to use it to fight you once you show up since some armor is better than none.

You could argue that they could also just make cargo loading proxies, but I assume even in the future some things would need manual operation/precision.

The way I see it, the Techs aren't meant to be extremely powerful enemies capable of going toe-to-toe with the Warframes. I see them as normal guys using suits which are made more for cargo loading or ship repair than actual combat, and they just happen to use it to fight you once you show up since some armor is better than none.

You could argue that they could also just make cargo loading proxies, but I assume even in the future some things would need manual operation/precision.

This is true and it's exactly what I think, but I can't really justify their senslessly bigger size.

This is true and it's exactly what I think, but I can't really justify their senslessly bigger size.

They are likely larger for gameplay reasons. Ever wonder why elite trash mobs in MMORPGs are somehow bigger than their friends, despite their looking like ordinary humans/whatever? It's to make them stand out. Their size tells the player "Hi! I'm a high priority target. Please kill me as quickly as possible so I don't raise hell for your team." I doubt that they are actually bigger in canon.

I can see the Heavy Grineer being bigger canonically since they could be engineered in the breeding labs to carry heavier armor and equipment, but even then I'm not so sure.

-

Now, if Techs were to get exoskeletons/power loaders, would they also gain armor in addition to shields? Or maybe the Loader itself is armored, but the Tech inside is still shield/flesh, and if you somehow destroy the loader without killing the Tech he'll jump out and act like a normal Tech. Or if you killed the Tech without destroying the armor, you could hijack the loader... nah, that's too good to be true.

In any case, it'd give players a reason to bring Corrosive to Corpus missions. Though then again, Corpus elemental weakeness area already a bit tricky to spec for (Magnetic + Toxin is safest, Magnetic boosts robot damage but nothing to flesh while robots resist Toxin but hurt Crewmen bad).

As long as we can beat the mechs up like this I will be okay..

http://youtu.be/1XYwf3nF0RQ?t=2m55s

As a side note, wasn't there a Grineer mecha concept art? Called a Titan, iirc.

Edited by Noble_Cactus