The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Shunned

BigVida

The game has no group tools. You can't make a group, queue for any specific group, kick people, or search people to invite. So congratulations. You all raged and ranted about how kick features might be used to grief and now this is how grouping works. People join and quit based on bias and shallow opinion just like pub servers with no admins on shooter games.

Enjoy arguing with, and being trolled by people like this guy in the recruiting tab.

You can make a group just fine. The tools you are looking for are already in place. If you don't know how to use them or refuse to that is your own problem.

Joining a pub game is a lottery, some times you win big but most of the time you lose. I'm not sure why you'd expect more than that.

Personally, I don't discriminate against ANY warframe for what it is (since I can see usefulness in all warframes equally), but the player behind it. If you suck at using a warframe, expect me to leave your group in search of another with or without the same warframe as you.

Edited by Trowicia

Discrimination? Don't see it to often. Most of the time I see rhino fail alot though, to the point where Loki is carrying him in revives. (me).

Wow. Now that's sad. I think I've been revived once as a think and it's because stalker was trying to grope my big Tenno Weewee

I was just pulling a Seth rogan and observing and reporting alright. Not bashing Oberon. I just claimed mine finally and I'm about to start him up when I get off work. So don't cyber smash me for being an American with an opinion/observation. Why does any game that has a grind to it always have such a whiny &#! @(*()$ community?!

It's OK guys!

We found the problem right here!

It's a game. People have the right to play it the way they want. If you want to power game and feel like some frames hold you back, join a clan or something and play with people you know. I don't care what frame you play. I actually love seeing people who use things that are not doing just the metagame. The only people I hate are the people who don't understand how frames work(played with a mastery rank 12 founder, he killed every single enemy I tagged with EVamp before it sent a second pulse >.>)

hallowed ground + 1.5 second CC... problem?

besides, 1.5s is enough time to move if ur really in that much of a pickle.

if reckoning doesn't kill, the CC coupled WITH hallowed ground does a lot.

many look at only one aspect of any given detail and forget about the fact that CC is relative to the team. if reckoning stuns XYZ mob for 1.5 seconds, that's 1.5s the team can dump ammo on him. if he still isn't dead from the reckoning damage AND what the team does in rounds WHILE he's stunned, then yes, there's a problem. however, oberon isn't a power-frame, in that all of his skills are not designed for devastation. think of him as support. he heals AND does damage. if a player can't figure out how to operate him properly, they don't need to be playing him.

i've never dropped once because of the frames my team is using. this IS a coop game, and if a player doesn't have the mental capacity to think on their feet, and change tactics besides "spam this and shoot that", then he or she should probably go play something that requires a little less skill... go play some point and click something or other.

That is perfectly fine. But the truth it, you'd be rocking even harder as another Frame. 

The higher the levels climb, the more the numbers behind the skills matter.

Infinity is a number in that sense, really. Things like Radial Blind and Radial Disarm outweigh loads of other abilities in late game. Yay for infinite scaling.

Infinity is a number in that sense, really. Things like Radial Blind and Radial Disarm outweigh loads of other abilities in late game. Yay for infinite scaling.

I agree about Radial Disarm - but I feel like the stun from Radial Blind leaves me wanting more, honestly. 

It is not a bad skill, but I'd pick another frame for CC purposes over Excalibur.

I agree about Radial Disarm - but I feel like the stun from Radial Blind leaves me wanting more, honestly. 

It is not a bad skill, but I'd pick another frame for CC purposes over Excalibur.

The blind part is the more part.

That and you can use it again after the stun ends, making it a lot better than Chaos for example. Also, you're immune to knockdowns during the casting animation.

The blind part is the more part.

That and you can use it again after the stun ends, making it a lot better than Chaos for example. Also, you're immune to knockdowns during the casting animation.

I do not necessarily agree that Radial Blind is better for CC then Chaos. Chaos has a whole like more going on with it while ALSO being a skill that works with the same effectiveness on enemies of all levels.

I'd have to see some proving done to change my mind, to be quite honest. As far as I'm aware Chaos is longer and effects a larger area. It also turns enemy aggro into a mess of them attacking and sometimes killing each other.

I do not necessarily agree that Radial Blind is better for CC then Chaos. Chaos has a whole like more going on with it while ALSO being a skill that works with the same effectiveness on enemies of all levels.

I'd have to see some proving done to change my mind, to be quite honest. As far as I'm aware Chaos is longer and effects a larger area. It also turns enemy aggro into a mess of them attacking and sometimes killing each other.

They have the same range. Chaos lasts longer but unless you wait for it to end or kill every enemy afflicted by it, you can't cast it again.

I can solo T3 defense very easily with Excalibur, it takes a lot more work with Nyx and I need Mind Control for that as well.

They have the same range. Chaos lasts longer but unless you wait for it to end or kill every enemy afflicted by it, you can't cast it again.

I can solo T3 defense very easily with Excalibur, it takes a lot more work with Nyx and I need Mind Control for that as well.

I've never had any problems using Nyx's Chaos to start cleaning up. Funny how that goes. Different experiences, I guess.

I've never had any problems using Nyx's Chaos to start cleaning up. Funny how that goes. Different experiences, I guess.

on the downside, unless it's been fixed and i'm unaware, mobs killed by others under the control of chaos don't yield player affinity.

as well, if a player is closer than a mob, they'll still be attacked.. unless there's some other deciding factors on that, but yes, i've been knocked down and shot nearly to death by a chaos-controlled heavy gunner in t3 def, etc.

For some reason anytime people see an Oberon in games regardless of game type. I'm guilty of this as well, but is there really a valid reason? It's almost like warframe discrimination, when I see volt, Oberon, or Excalibur on survival or defense I drop and take my talents elsewhere. Pointless thread I know but just an observation I made

People are wrong about Oberon, other than with very high waves (that people rarely do anyway) Oberon is a great frame to have in the group especially for defence and survival missions. Hallowed Ground is excellent at chokepoints as many times the mobs just stand in it and Reckoning is reasonable crowd control with its lift and also generates healing orbs for the team.

If you want to run T3 Survival for an hour or 100 wave Defence then no, Oberon is not the right choice but for anything else he performs well.

Edited by Silvershadow66