Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Needs A Rebalance Badly

EnForest

The damage buff didn't help it, in my opinion. 2-shot weapon with average reload speed dealing Slash damage is a very bad design. Slash damage makes it effective vs infested, but not vs Grineer, since it's ineffective vs armor and Corpus, since slash is neutral vs shields and ineffective vs robots (shieldless Crewmen already die from a sneeze so I won't count it). Due to their nature, infested come in swarms, making 2-shot Tigris pointless for dealing with huge masses of enemies (even with puncture and spread mods) and it feels clearly inferior to Boar or Strun.

My suggestion is:

Instead of dealing 18 - 18 - 144 damage, it should deal 60-60-60 damage. It will remain effective vs infested, because the current damage is often an overkill vs low-mid level enemies, but it will become much more effective for dealing with tough enemies like Grineer Heavies or Corpus Techs and Fusion Moas.

Or you can actually read the OP.

I did. There's a reason why there are faction specific weapons. You basically are suggesting making this weapon less effective against Infested and more effective against Grineer and Corpus. 

The aim for this system is to ensure that people use different weapons for different situations. You idea basically will make that goal obsolete, at least for the Tigris.

Also, I seem to have no difficulty annihilating Grineer and Corpus with the mod setup I have. It takes a few forma, but the end result is definitely worth it.

I did. There's a reason why there are faction specific weapons. You basically are suggesting making this weapon less effective against Infested and more effective against Grineer and Corpus. 

The aim for this system is to ensure that people use different weapons for different situations. You idea basically will make that goal obsolete, at least for the Tigris.

Also, I seem to have no difficulty annihilating Grineer and Corpus with the mod setup I have. It takes a few forma, but the end result is definitely worth it.

2 shot anti-infested weapon = no sense. Non-Forma'd Boar Prime with puncture is more effective vs infested than non-forma'd Tigris, same with Grakgoon, it deals high slash damage and has innate puncture and bigger clip. 

Also "I destroy everything with forma'd weapon" isn't an argument, I can forma my Ignis and make it effective vs Corpus, but there won't be any point in it.

2 shot anti-infested weapon = no sense. Non-Forma'd Boar Prime with puncture is more effective vs infested than non-forma'd Tigris, same with Grakgoon, it deals high slash damage and has innate puncture and bigger clip. 

Also "I destroy everything with forma'd weapon" isn't an argument, I can forma my Ignis and make it effective vs Corpus, but there won't be any point in it.

My question is this: have you thought about modding this weapon correctly? The Tigris has ridiculous status chance, and if you throw on Blast mods, you can easily cc the living hell out of the Infested, giving you time to reload and release the next salvo. And I find no harm in using a 2 shot weapon against Infested, I honestly have no idea what's wrong with it.

And why wouldn't there be a point in adding forma to weapons? The aim of forma is to make weapons more powerful by providing more mod energy. Adding forma to a Tigris, which does the job just fine doesn't seem redundant.

My question is this: have you thought about modding this weapon correctly? The Tigris has ridiculous status chance, and if you throw on Blast mods, you can easily cc the living hell out of the Infested, giving you time to reload and release the next salvo. And I find no harm in using a 2 shot weapon against Infested, I honestly have no idea what's wrong with it.

And why wouldn't there be a point in adding forma to weapons? The aim of forma is to make weapons more powerful by providing more mod energy. Adding forma to a Tigris, which does the job just fine doesn't seem redundant.

And my question is this: have you actually used Boar Prime or Drakgoon vs Infested? Those things ravage swarms much faster and without formas. 

My point is: because of the damage type Tigris is overkill vs infested and not quite-effective vs other factions (inferior to HEK since it has 4 shots instead of 2). I think it should be a versatile heavy hitter, like the Vectis of shotguns.

Edited by EnForest

I think the damage distribution is fine, as the right elemental mods tend to make any weapon viable against other factions. Instead I say give it more pellets and spread. Seems strange that a weapon clearly made for a "strength in numbers" faction specializes in single target kills. A faster reload is also acceptable.

With the magazine and firing mechanic that the Tigris has, it's really better suited for use against Grineer and Corpus, yet the base damage type requires extensive modding to be useful against those two factions. Against Infested, it feels horribly inefficient. A shotgun with a sizable magazine and high rate of fire and good spread / pellet count is far better suited for crowd control of squishy targets than the Tigris. Funny thing is I pretty much just described the Sobek...

In terms of style, the Tigris is a nice looking weapon with an interesting fire / reload mechanic. It really does have a good "cool factor" to it. That said, I feel that its firing and reload mechanic and "magazine" capacity are arguably antiquated and don't really belong in a futuristic setting like Warframe's. Honestly, even the Hek with its 4 round magazine fits Warframe better than the Tigris.

Except true pump-action shotguns have a higher ammo capacity than double-barreled breach loaders. They can put down a heavier volume of fire before needing to reload. That's what makes them so bad-&#! and good at what they do.

Honestly, reload time is the least of the Tigris' problems. Low pellet count and the need to reload after firing a measly two shots are the main things that make the Tigris collect dust in my arsenal.

With my Sobek, I can isolate and fire on a target 20 times at minimum before I need to toss out the empty drum and insert a new one.

With my Tigris, I can isolate and fire on a target a mere 2 times at most before I have to break the barrel and expose the breach, insert two shells in rapid succession, and then close the breach.

Guess which gun does a better job of thinning out the crowd and keeping me in the fight longer.

The damage buff didn't help it, in my opinion. 2-shot weapon with average reload speed dealing Slash damage is a very bad design. Slash damage makes it effective vs infested, but not vs Grineer, since it's ineffective vs armor and Corpus, since slash is neutral vs shields and ineffective vs robots (shieldless Crewmen already die from a sneeze so I won't count it). Due to their nature, infested come in swarms, making 2-shot Tigris pointless for dealing with huge masses of enemies (even with puncture and spread mods) and it feels clearly inferior to Boar or Strun.

My suggestion is:

Instead of dealing 18 - 18 - 144 damage, it should deal 60-60-60 damage. It will remain effective vs infested, because the current damage is often an overkill vs low-mid level enemies, but it will become much more effective for dealing with tough enemies like Grineer Heavies or Corpus Techs and Fusion Moas.

Absolutely not.

There are mods for all that. I'd rather have the Tigris be a beast against only one faction  that meh against all of them.

You don't use the proper mods. Get yourself Seeking Force, etc, etc.