The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oxium Drones Are Suicidal (Rest Was Wrong)

Ced23Ric

If suiciding is part of what they do, I dont see the problem here. I thought most people on the forums wanted some,challange? And there, killing one before it kills itself and denying you the loots. so why do we still have ppl complaining? Ppl are also screaming for U12 to be the week after every update, and they want DE to rush it(which will end up with more bugs and ppl will complain about it) so DE probably did this to buy more time for U12. So for a better community, please try to complain lesser. No point having different ppl making new thread about the same topic

uh...they're DESIGNED to do that. that's why they're so large and bulky. hardly something that is trying to avoid death.

i suggest sticking to defense missions, which forces them to spawn a bit further away and gives you some breathing room. also, the sheer number of spawns at the higher waves will pretty much force them to show up at some point.

good luck scanning them!

Edited by weirdee

Ok, Ced made whiny topic and didn't bother to check his info.

Dude, you can easily kill these with most weapons well before they even start to suicide. 

uh...they're DESIGNED to do that. that's why they're so large and bulky. hardly something that is trying to avoid death.

You misunderstand the problem at hand. There are no Corpus who have designed them that way, DE has designed an event-critical enemy that has event-critical resources, and that enemy has a function that denies these resources to the player. There is a built in denial system in an enemy that is crucial to event completion. I am challenging that design decision. It is the same as with the Runners, who, when they blow up, take affinity and loot with them, denying both to the player. Such a function is negative gameplay, because it takes something away.

Wait, how are solo players shafted in Cicero Crisis event?

Without 4 players you cannot do a 4 Vermillion defense run and get 400 points. Solo players are limited to 100 points.

isn't a 400 point run only for clan scoring purposes only? only 100 points were required for the full reward

once again, running defense missions resolves both the scarcity issue and the likelihood of missing out on the drops is almost zero. teams are almost running constantly on eris. if you don't want to do it this way, then oh well...

by the way, if you manage to clip a runner with some damage before they explode, you still get credit for their death anyway

Edited by weirdee

@Ced23Ric

Really the ONLY thing that is even remotely challenging about killing the Oxium Osprey is that they have a chance to suicide if your DPS isn't high enough/you're too close when fighting them.

And even then unranked weapons still can kill them as long as you don't miss too much, and they are rather large enemies making them easy to hit. Honestly they needed *something* to make this event a little challenging without just making the event enemies uber rare like they could have.

I much prefer a more common enemy that has a chance to suicide and deny me the drop I need for the event rather than a super rare enemy that while being guaranteed a drop from it is sheer frustration in actually finding. Or equally as bad, being common and a guaranteed drop yet requiring 150+ of them to make up for it just making it a horrible grind.

So IMO its much better this way because they can spawn in large enough numbers that even with the drones suiciding from time to time you can still finish the entire event in around an hour.

Edited by Tsukinoki

My Sweeper Shotty Sentinel(s) help me out with the Oxium collection. Nothing tends to get close to me when I move about and keep my eyes peeled for these guys. Tho I could agree that on lower difficulty levels, they got too much HP and shields to be effectively killed by low-rank newbies with scarce selection of mods on their guns. Tho there's always the possibility to slide/run away from the approaching Osprey to give a few more moments to blow it up.

I would recommend Loki or Ash to take them out while stealthed, as that avoids the suicide rush given they can't see you, but killing them with an ability from other frames should work, too.

Not every event is made to hit every playstyle, i think everyone should know this by now.

Secondly, according to the post about the event it says that containers may also carry that new alloy so start popping crates.

Tell me which playstyle the Informer event catered to :-P

Secondly, I've checked Corpie crates since the event began (just for grins and giggles) and never had the new resource drop from them; the event post either lies, or the drop chance for the stuff from crates is so ridiculously low that it might as well be the case.

Wait, how are solo players shafted in Cicero Crisis event? (or is there another Cicero event?)

PS4 currently has it and I'm doing fine solo.

When it first started on the PC version, there was no Vermillion anti-toxin... so it was actually impossible to get the 100 points needed for the Tier 3 Rewards with anything less than a full team of four with every squad member carrying a Lapis (since only the highest score counts).

Granted, DE resolved it fairly quickly by introducing the Vermillion, but prior to that, the best possible score a solo player could get was 25, which wasn't even enough for the Tier 2 rewards.

Edited by Taranis49

Chiming in with the "run Kappa" crowd.

In one way this event is a complete success as a breath of fresh air compared to previous events. It requires very little grinding, and is the first event where players can finish it ridiculously quickly with, effectively, no grinding just by doing a 1-3 mobile defense missions.

In another way this event is a bit of a (but not complete! /shock /awe) failure precisely because the only way to avoid tediously grinding is by doing the proper level range mobile defense missions. There are people happy because they get 10 Oxium in a long endless defense mission, or a few drops on a 30 minute survival mission. And there are some lower level missions where the Oxium Osprey are either incredibly rare or do not spawn at all. A large portion of players are still tediously grinding because they wrongly assume all Corpus missions were implemented equally by DE, and that is a failure on this event's part. Some players may not like doing mobile defense because of hosting issues, personal preference, etc. and they should have viable avenues for as quick completion.

As a side note: I can't believe I am doing this, but good job on the Lore with this one DE. Lore wise it told us everything we needed to know: Corpus found an Orokin alloy and are using it on a new Osprey to hunt the Tenno; screw Corpus, we will show them by breaking their new toys, taking the alloy, and putting it to our approved use. It's simple, but its self-contained and complete, establishing proper motivation and context without resorting to a, "Do this just because." Was that really so hard?

If I had one little nitpick about the lore to this event, it is that it would have been worthwhile to put in a little blurb about the Corpus making the Osprey's self-destruct with a reaction that consumes the Oxium since that is a feature of the mob. That self-destruct bit is rather a, "What the hell was that? Was that a bug?" the first 1 to 2 times.