Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akmagnus...

ss4chris

i was really looking forward to using these bad boys and then i see the dmg cut in half right away.. and its like..wow.. well there goes my enthusiasm .., why devs T_T

I'll still make them and use them cuz they look cool and for mastery rank. but other than that, thats it really >.<

anyone  else kinda bleh?

i was really looking forward to using these bad boys and then i see the dmg cut in half right away.. and its like..wow.. well there goes my enthusiasm .., why devs T_T

I'll still make them and use them cuz they look cool and for mastery rank. but other than that, thats it really >.<

anyone  else kinda bleh?

As far as i know the damage remains the same for any AK version of weapons. Just gains and looses fire rate/ mag capacity...etc. Being excited over the damage being higher, which should have known was a typographical errors on DE's part (Grineeeer has said so,) then disheartened when they correct it is not the right way to go.

Magnus isnt really any good to begin with so AKMagnus...build, level, delete.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Targus100

Power creep is when new content comes out rendering old content completely obsolete and useless. basically the new content is better then the old content to the point of there is zero reasons to use any of the old ones over the new.

Besides the only dual weapon that is double damage of it's single counter part is the lato and aklato. all other single and double variants deal the same damage.

Edited by Rafarix

@OptimumBow0

And its fire-rate is higher, 8.3 compared to 5.8, so its DPS actually has a decent boost to it compared to the single magnus.

@ss4chris

As Rafarix described power creep I'm only going to add this:

By just adding more and more powerful weapons they are only going to make more and more current weapons useless. Especially when they need to release content for the suped up guns, all of the current weaponry wouldn't be able to cut it there. That is something that desperately needs to be avoided.

@OptimumBow0

And its fire-rate is higher, 8.3 compared to 5.8, so its DPS actually has a decent boost to it compared to the single magnus.

@ss4chris

As Rafarix described power creep I'm only going to add this:

By just adding more and more powerful weapons they are only going to make more and more current weapons useless. Especially when they need to release content for the suped up guns, all of the current weaponry wouldn't be able to cut it there. That is something that desperately needs to be avoided.

thats something in all games though lol.. tahts not ever going to change and games will still survive. i do respect this  though. 

Bah... They could have been fun... Now they're just mastery fodder to me.

"it would have been fun to have dual brakks,just renamed to akmagnus" you just said this, a weapon isn't fun if it is super power creep,you silly.

PSA:
You are now aware that Akmagnus have better stats than the Magnus and, if you used a Magnus, are a straight upgrade.

You are now aware that no sidearm in the game comes close to the Brakk. Not even pre-nerf Akmagnus.

You are now sad if you sided with Corpus because you had to build and tater the Brakk.

You are now glad Grineer won, because otherwise we would have gotten the mediocre Detron.

You are now even more sad if you did not participate in the Gravidus Dilemma because you cannot get the Brakk - only the Detron.

You are welcome.

I don't know why everyone's upset the damage got cut in half, putting each shot on par with a normal Magnus. That's fine. The Magnus was a fun alternative to the Vasto. And with an Akmagnus version available, you get the same great gun but more shots per second, more ammo, and a really awesome looking pair of guns.

Anyone who's just looking to upgrade from their Brakk though are better off just messing with a Detron, or waiting for an Akbrakk or Akdetron. Or a Soma that shoots galatines.

@Ced23Ric

Honestly the pre-nerf Akmagnus was within 15 points of the Brakk so it did come rather close to being its equal, and depending on how you built it probably would have stayed pretty damn close even at rank 30.

Also for a pistol it has a pretty decent status chance and crit chance.

@Deicul

The reload for the Akmagnus is 3 seconds while the reload for the magnus is 2. Further it has twice the magazine meaning it reloads half as often, so for one clip of the Akmagnus it has 3 seconds to reload while the magnus has 4 seconds to fire the same amount of bullets. So even if you take into account the longer reload it still deals twice the damage per magazine.

And the improved fire-rate also helps quite a bit.

Edited by Tsukinoki

"it would have been fun to have dual brakks,just renamed to akmagnus" you just said this, a weapon isn't fun if it is super power creep,you silly.

It wasn't even close to the brakk at 88 damage and small amount of other types. (with 180% multishot and 220% on hornet strike the difference is more profound.) The brakk has allot of puncture and slash too. I do understand that there's fall--off and pellets though... Eh, whatever...

I was hoping for at least some kind of change. (I do see the fire rate argument, which is true.) I'm not into the whole 2 guns doesn't equal more power blah blah arguing, you guys are doing a great job with all that.

They could have kept the clip size the same and let both pistols fire at the same time (instead of alternating fire, like all other akimbo weps), whether or not it would consume 2 rounds per shot is debatable. (210 is the max a player can handle? or per pistol?) If the fire rate was kept the same, then great... Gunslinger and Lethal Torrent stacked will make anything shoot at a reasonably nice fire rate. If it were my decision I would have it consume 2 rounds as a trade off for the extra power.

I want to think of the akmagnus as a new weapon. Hell I wanted a new weapon this week, not just an akimbo version of an older one that I didn't bother to potato or forma. (they're mighty similar to Vasto)

The akmagnus is boring in my opinion. I wish DE would have changed it in the way I described (both firing at the same time, etc.) or at least something else, but yes... I still maintain my point... Akmagnus is just mastery fodder to me.

There's another thread here on the forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/169861-why-does-de-hate-balance/?p=1990927#entry1990927

I don't know what to believe. On one hand you have the tenno re-inforcement video showing double the power, then you have Grineeer saying it was a mistake in the database.

If any of you are looking for someone to tear apart, I'm not here to humor you. These are my 2 cents and just how I feel about it.

Edited by sushidubya

PSA:

You are now aware that Akmagnus have better stats than the Magnus and, if you used a Magnus, are a straight upgrade.

You are now aware that no sidearm in the game comes close to the Brakk. Not even pre-nerf Akmagnus.

You are now sad if you sided with Corpus because you had to build and tater the Brakk.

You are now glad Grineer won, because otherwise we would have gotten the mediocre Detron.

You are now even more sad if you did not participate in the Gravidus Dilemma because you cannot get the Brakk - only the Detron.

You are welcome.

wut?

are you trolling? or just starting to instigate something>?

Considering every pistol seems to get a dual version, i really beginn to wish we could manualy decide between single use and dual use while having the dual version.

I mean what is supposed to happen to our ability to single wield those pistols? Are they fused somehow and refuse to fire when used alone?

It's obviously possible that a dual pistol can be changed to being single wielded since that's what happens when you pick up a data container. So why not allow the switch manualy?

But if you apply real world rules it kinda makes sense in a way. When you use the same to guns at the same time there's no difference damage wise than using a single one because its the same gun but twice, so the only thing that wold change is the amount of bullets you fire.

@akkerusia

The fact is, is that if DE cut back on the power creep there would be less bullet sponges. But the more power creep there is the more bullet sponges there will have to be to prevent the power creep weapons from wiping the floor with the enemy in a single bullet, which at the same time just makes all of the older weapons worse and worse and worse, and that increases the apparent amount of bullet spongeyness.

Power creep causes bullet spongeyness to a large part.

Cut out the power creep and you can cut down on the bullet spongeyness.