The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person View Toggle Button

DeadPixel

im a huge fan of warframe been playing it since closed beta and i tried to get alot of my friends in it and they refuse to play because they cant see in first person view i wonder if it would be possible to implement first person view into the game at somepoint as a toggle button or in the options. :] what do you guys think Fellow tennos 

Yeah. So we can see what's going on in the Warframe. The actual stuff a Tenno would see through the helmet. That would make Warframe so much cooler. I simply love watching my character in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim kicking &#! in the killcams.

it wouldnt because this is third person game and everything is made for third person DE would have to remake every animation and movement to make first person posible

Not necessarily - just think about Skyrim- Immersive First Person  :3

EDIT: Im talking about the mod, not vanilla Skyrim

Edited by DrPandisimo

Not necessarily - just think about Skyrim- Immersive First Person  :3

and lackluster 3rd person. 

You indirectly proved his point. Skyrim was made for first person, but has a 3rd person view point. The 3rd person view is crap though. Your character has like 3 animations and feels like a block when moving around. 

If a first person view was just added, the guns would look of pace. Animations would need to be drawn for first person view and it wouldn't transition well between first and third person. 

I support this. Even if there is no display of your hands and weapon and just a blank screen. As long as we are able to zoom in and center the camera on our Tenno's model. There are a few situations where this would be useful. One would be in tight places or when trying to aim around corners without exposing yourself too much. But the main use I can think of is placing objects in the dojo. Since the camera is always off to the side, it's impossible to get a straight on view of something to see if it lines up. 

I think Scandroid is right. Everything is made for the TPS view. Just think about it. Valkyr and Hysteria (just an example). And this whole "animation set" would be put into the trash, so they won't make it, even as an optional thing. Or at least I think so.

Edited by at35z

Im talking about the mod, that places the camera on your characters eyes/head, cheesus you people, honestly!

Still skyrim had first person to start with and this is not skyrim this is warframe they have nothing incommmon

Edited by Scandroid

Im talking about the mod, that places the camera on your characters eyes/head, cheesus you people, honestly!

Except in Skyrim you don't do slide flip jumps into wallrun while gunning and readying for an overhead melee strike. Gameplay is different and does best at what it was focused on.

As for skyrim's two views being made from scratch, it just comes to show that Bethesda couldn't make a fluid 3rd person gameplay.

That's impossible! Tennos neither have eyes nor have google glasses linked with her brain.

_________

I dont have a problem with that, because i like to see the weapons/scarfs/emblems/etc. on my back.

Edit: Imagine a jump with frontflip or a "barrel roll" in 1st person.

Edited by Fraank-EGT-

This is a third person game and has been made as a third person game so if you were to toggle to first person it would be vary hard if not impossible to shoot around corners, see around corners, have enough FOV to see enough of the environment and be able to tell what is going on becaause of a very little amount of the environment you can see.

Warframe is to far along to be changed in to a FPS game now.  

First person wouldn't work with the wall running and other advanced movement.

I've actually been very interested in how a first-person game with controls and a movement system similar to Warframe would work.  Something like a faster paced amped-up version of Mirror's Edge, I think it could be very exciting.  Heck, for the most part I think it even could work in Warframe itself; your characters face is pointed at the crosshair/where the gun is aiming most of the time, most major problem I can think of would be handling the frontflips, dodge rolls and landing rolls.

That being said I'm not gonna beg DE to shoehorn first-person into the game, seems like it would be too much focus that would be better spent elsewhere right now and it's not like it would be some huge benefit anyways.  Really I just wish I had the technical skill to realise my 1st person super ninja action parkour desires in Unity or Unreal 3 or CryENGINE or something.

Edited by BLOODGAZMS

Yes basic wall running, but I was more meaning things like vertical runs to back flips to whatever else you want to chain in.

Yes there are games that have made first person work for these things, but they were designed specifically for those things from the very foundation of the game.

Warframe already has a first person perspective.

Sniper weapons. :3

Actually, it's still not first person. The camera is just zoomed in from the third person perspective. Meaning, your viewpoint is still off to the side of your character, and not directly on it.