Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: Please Add Hyena Mk. 1 Into The Corpus Mob Pool

Tuxie

No, you just need to get good.

Any idiot can solo Hyena MK1 with just a decent Soma.

Soma is overrated and I hate it. Also if they're gonna be a heavy unit chances are they'll be fairly frequent in even lower level missions, so their stats would have to be adjusted so that lower level players (AKA people without the rainbow build gun) can kill them.

I simply agree, Corpus doesn't have enough diversity compared to the Grineer, or the Infested. All they really have are Crewmen(Elite included), Tech, Osprey and their varients and the MOAs who aren't considered Heavy Units. The only Heavy Unit is Tech for the Corpus. So a Hyena would be great. 

I simply agree, Corpus doesn't have enough diversity compared to the Grineer, or the Infested. All they really have are Crewmen(Elite included), Tech, Osprey and their varients and the MOAs who aren't considered Heavy Units. The only Heavy Unit is Tech for the Corpus. So a Hyena would be great. 

Exactly! This could help them a lot in that category!

Since the Hyena was originally just a scaled-down Jackal, I think to make the Hyena as it used to be a regular Corpus unit would demote the uniqueness of the Jackal - and require DE to make a new Jackal, which is COMPLETELY unnecessary.

Corpus overall just need a few more heavy units to be balanced with the Grineer. Corpus Techs are really the only textbook heavy unit for the Corpus, seeing as Fusion Moas are debatably squishy. Grineer on the other hand have three (Gunners, Napalms, and Bombards).

I don't know diddly squat about game balance - I'll leave that to the trained professionals who've spent their careers putting it into practice - but doesn't that seem rather unfair that Grineer have so many more heavy unit types than Corpus? I know they're different factions and how they work on a fundamental level is different, but to me it should be a little more chessboard-esque, where both sides have similar resources available to them in combat (this includes infested as well). 

If nothing else, we need Corpus unit expansion to at least somewhat mimic the amount of Grineer unit variation there is.

There are only 16 unique Corpus units excluding bosses and 3 unknown entries, and a measly 11 unique units for Infested excluding bosses. Yet here are currently 35 unique Grineer units, excluding bosses and one unknown entry. 

Honestly? Yes. The Corpus need more tank units, and this would require much less investment of existing resources to roll out. They need something to compete with the insane DoT/bleed and beefy hp units the Grineer have.

Besides: Why WOULDN'T they be mass producing a more streamlined, yet slightly cheaper, version of these guys by now?

Edit: Heck, while you're at it? Why not add a more common non-Oxium version of the drones that function like the Hellions? Or make them also drop Oxium, I guess, if you want to be generous.

Edited by KoshLovesYou