The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phantasy Star Online Inspiration De, You Did It Right And We Need Moar

Deidaku

DE since you've played the game apparently and even used it as inspiration for the lobby system  (and sentinels.....it's so obvious XD )pso2-mags.jpgthat you showed in the stream ( awesome stuff btw) , why not take inspiration from the games bosses?

Especially this one , Olga flow : 

Video for full boss fight  :

olga4.jpg

Final boss of PSO episode 2 on NGC, so freaking hard to beat but fun as well because 

- randomized elemental resistance , ( 1 min vulnerable to fire , a few seconds later invulnerable to fire but vulnerable to ice .etc)

- HUGE , could littleraly stomp you to death if not careful 

- used the environment , made huge boulders fall on you which could of course insta kill you due to their size so you had to keep moving at all costs 

-Multiple stage boss fight ,( but you already did this with Lephantis which is an excellent battle:) 

-and every single of his attacks could potentially screw your whole team over in matter of seconds if unprepared , no matter the level 

I hope you read this DE :) and have a nice weekend , you guys must be exhausted from U12 and the multiple hotfixes  keep it up ! 

Edited by Deidaku

I agree. Why make the game new and innovative if we can just copy the things that worked well in Phantasy star, Mass Effect, World of Warcraft, and Dungeon Keeper for ios.

No need to be negative.....and it's not really copying , hell they even mentionned it in the devstream!

Plus it would be very different because of the parkour and Melee 2.0 coming soon , the point is we need an epic giant end game boss thats really hard to beat  and who would slay you in a matter of seconds no matter your gear or level , your skill and teamwork should be the decisive factor , not how many Derelict mods you have in your possession ,

Gear should give you a little edge of survivability against the boss , which means attacks insta destroy iron skin, blessing would have to be used very cautiously , and so on..

Edited by Deidaku

I agree. Why make the game new and innovative if we can just copy the things that worked well in Phantasy star, Mass Effect, World of Warcraft, and Dungeon Keeper for ios.

i don't see why that would necessarily be a bad idea, as long there's a balance.

they even mentionned it in the devstream!

No. A player mentioned it in chat, and Steve, being the good guy that he is, acknowledged that fan's observation.

A few minutes later he said it was like Mass Effect too. He was relating to us, the fans, with things that we are familiar with when explaining a concept.

olga4.jpg

FYI: This boss is bigger than Derelict boss. In Fact, he's so huge, he makes that boss look like a pet. He cannot fit in any of the current levels and you are termites compared to him...literally.

He may look small in that picture but the Tenno would be the mice in that room. Imagine that.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

I loved the whole atmosphere of PSO (the first one at least), from the visual style, the music and the lobby system.  So I'm all for this idea, but I have a feeling it will feel nothing like PSO and that's ok.  I want it to feel like Warframe, but with a more social atmosphere, and with the noise level of a library.

Edited by Soulie

Well there's no real harm to draw inspiration from something successful.

Except that it makes boring and repetitive games.

I'm all for a 'persistent' lobby based systems and interesting, multi-phase boss-fights.

But I don't think we should be taking ideas too heavily from other games.

Edited by AarenMiridian

I'm all for a 'persistent' lobby based systems and interesting, multi-phase boss-fights.

I don't mean too heavily. I don't see how that makes something boring if you can expand on an idea for your own creative twist.

Then what do ye think they should do?

Come up with their own thoughts, really. I don't mind borrowing ideas from other concepts, that's fine. I just don't want Warframe to turn into World of Phantasycraft Online. That's the thought I got when I read the title, and it's kind of shudder inducing.

You'd be surprised how much you can adopt and adapt without harming a game. All games heavily copy and iterate other games. Natural part of a game's life cycle.

Come up with their own thoughts, really. I don't mind borrowing ideas from other concepts, that's fine. I just don't want Warframe to turn into World of Phantasycraft Online. That's the thought I got when I read the title, and it's kind of shudder inducing.

Well, the idea is to borrow from all games, not one or two and making it work by altering it and making it their idea inspired by other games.

FYI: This boss is bigger than Derelict boss. In Fact, he's so huge, he makes that boss look like a pet. He cannot fit in any of the current levels and you are termites compared to him...literally.

He may look small in that picture but the Tenno would be the mice in that room. Imagine that.

Mmmm true , would be epic though , in that scenario for a boss of this size the tenno would have to destroy his legs firt then and his body would be accessible for damage ....

insulting word for female dog here

CoH_Size_Chart.jpg

please.

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

Sigh, PSO. It was so good in its day.

I read the lore in every mission in every datapad corner as I advanced.

It actually made me care as I approached towards the big end confrontation of episode one.

The revelation of what really happened on Ragol. And poor Rico.

And the music as you enter the hallowed grounds and the transition of it all onto the rotten and dark as the battle begins.

And then

. I shed a tear.

I bloody shed blooming tears.

And until very recently, getting a bleeding emotion out of me was no easy task.

If DE manages to follow in its footsteps, I'll be a *happy camper*.

Best Regards,

Sigh, PSO. It was so good in its day.

I read the lore in every mission in every datapad corner as I advanced.

It actually made me care as I approached towards the big end confrontation of episode one.

The revelation of what really happened on Ragol. And poor Rico.

And the music as you enter the hallowed grounds and the transition of it all onto the rotten and dark as the battle begins.

And then

. I shed a tear.

I bloody shed blooming tears.

And until very recently, getting a bleeding emotion out of me was no easy task.

If DE manages to follow in its footsteps, I'll be a *happy camper*.

Best Regards,

You sir deserve respect ,i've played the game, a lot actually but almost never in SP , i played on the gc with my brother and sister , ( facking Ramar killing everything) ,  therefore I haven't read the whole story but yeah the Red Ring rico moment was pretty sad  and terrifying ( Oh look grass and a Monet let's get closer and.....OH MY GOOOD FACES ON THE FLOOR WAAAAH) 

Yeah warframe lacks lore and emotion as many have been saying for a long time , it's isn't a new problem. 

But yes thanks for bringing up the story datapads....this could actually pretty cool , i've seen stuff like this in halo reach and mass effect as well!

The only problem with PSO was the lack of dynamics ( no jumping sprintting and so on ) , waframe has the advantage of having parkour ( still waiting for parkour 2.0 XD) , advanced melee (2.0) , better guns and so on, imagine fighting an olga flow type boss running on the walls while shooting an ogris on its face and then jump 10 meters from the wall while preparing yourself to hit him on the head with a   galatine jump attack ,that would be pretty awesome