Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re: Cosmetic And "stat"-Helmets

Skarmax

We have some helmets with stats and some are purely cosmetic. To balance this issue, I like to suggest following:

- Remove stats from all helmets

- Add 2 - 3 slots to each helmet for special mod

- Add special Mod cards, that are only applyiable to helmets

- These Mod cards are automatically added to your inventory once you build the helmet

- These mod cards shouldn't be added to droptables to prevent even more polluted tables

- These mod Cards should be like "corrupted" mods as helmets with stats have boni and mali.

- This way, we could choose our favorite smexy helmet (Loki Swindle <3) AND "usefull" bufs and nerfs (or even more than 1)

Discuss

EDIT: Added last point

EDIT 2: Added some points for clarification, as it seems some people don't understand my point

Edited by Skarmax

I think, this could be somehow interesting mechanics :) 

People would have the freedom of choosing what minor bonuses they want or if the helmet should be purely cosmetic, because as I know some people want just look different and some want minor changes for their stats. And this looks like a peaceful way how to make both types of players satisfied..

Hope DE will listen to this because you got my attention and interest.

Personally rather than the mod slots I'd like to see a system like orokin reactor/catalysts for them that give similare bonuses to what players get now on helmets (IE plug in an orokin enhancer and bang.. you have the stats like on current helms).

This way you can mod helmets as you like, while those that have the current stated ones are just converted to "pre-installed".

This way helmets can be made to suit the individual player's style, existing helmets with stats dont get a nerf, there is reason to have more that one type of any helmet depending on how you build your warframe (a downside for this is that you need to build another helmet if you want a different set of stats).

That said mods could work too, but there really is no downside to doing that, you may as well just add more slots directly to the warframe itself, and make all helmets purely cosmetic.

Edited by Loswaith

You certainly are an attention craving person...

Suggesting something of a twist on this:

If you create a warframe or a sentinel, you will get the specific mod cards with it. If you want a sweeper for your Dethcube, you craft both, and attach one part to the other.

Your system should work similarly: Each head has a slot (even the basic one), but if you want a mod card for it, craft or buy the helmet. If you want the looks of helmet A and the card of B, you should be able to do so. After all, visual customization leads to immersion.

Just don't make the cards drop during regular missions. We are getting all skin blueprints as alert rewards anyway.

Hm... Honestly, I think it's a bit unnecessarily complex. Giving your helmet its very own personal mod system is overdoing it, I think. The game's complex enough as it is.

I'd much rather that helmets and their stats were able to be equipped separately (e.g. if you had the Swindle and Essence helmet, you could equip the Swindle skin with Essence stats). Of course, some balancing would have to be done (e.g. bigger stamina boost from Gambit, greater loss of power strength for Vanguard), but it would be nice and simple and require very little work from the devs, while promoting variety in both appearances and stats.

Edited by SortaRandom

Hm... Honestly, I think it's a bit unnecessarily complex. Giving your helmet its very own personal mod system is overdoing it, I think. The game's complex enough as it is.

I'd much rather that helmets and their stats were able to be equipped separately (e.g. if you had the Swindle and Essence helmet, you could equip the Swindle skin with Essence stats). Of course, some balancing would have to be done (e.g. bigger stamina boost from Gambit, greater loss of power strength for Vanguard), but it would be nice and simple and require very little work from the devs, while promoting variety in both appearances and stats.

How about just acquire the stat by credits, platinum or blueprint? Once acquired, it's automatically applied.

it could even be done through one-off missions that are always live. You get the nice looking helmet, then go to X and complete Y to get the stat you want.

How about just acquire the stat by credits, platinum or blueprint? Once acquired, it's automatically applied.

it could even be done through one-off missions that are always live. You get the nice looking helmet, then go to X and complete Y to get the stat you want.

Automatically applied stats? I honestly don't really like the sound of that. Partly because the downsides are going to be forced, and partly because if you don't force the downsides, then helmet-collectors will always have a straight-up advantage to non-helmet-collectors. XD

What I was thinking was that whenever you craft or purchase a helmet, you get both the helmet and the stats, as you do now. The only difference is that they can be equipped independently of each other. XD

Also, a little bit beside the topic, but alternate helmets should all be sidegrades of the stock helmet. Most of them (especially Essence and Thrak) are going to need a stronger downside to make them something besides a no-brainer.

I'd take this idea, and add in that each helmet, whether already-owned by this thange or obtained after, comes pre-installed with the card that matches its legacy power, much like new Warframes come with all their power mod cards. That way, players who have the alt helmets don't suddenly lose the bonuses they may or may not have been using.

No need to make things complex. Stat on/off toggle should be enough. Now there are helmets that are no-brainers, and that's another thing... Probably revamp them so there are no inferior ones but only sidegrades (why would I want more stamina anyways? there are even mods for that) or remove all stats and end of story.

Im all for this idea of having the helmets and stats be independent of each other. Once an helmet is acquired you can have the option to equip the stats of any of the helmets at your disposal and equip whichever skin you would like.

For people that don't get it: its like the idea of interchangeable sentinels with sentinel weapons once you unlock them. Like carrier with deth machine rifle. Or Saryn Chlora helmet with Hemlock stats, cause i like the Chlora look more, but Hemlock stats are better for me.

This idea would get 10 thumbs up if I could give them. But I only have 2 thumbs

Edited by Dyspraxia

You shouldnt get those mods from the drop tables. As it is, you get the stuff when you build or buy the helmet. That should simply remain the case.

These mods are intended to look like Coolant leak, in that they cannot gain levels. So having multiples of them would be pointless. And dropping them somewhere would feel cheap.

Toggle would work, but wouldn't allow me to use Helmet A with modifier B... And that would be awesome.

I kinda dislike all Mag helmets, including Prime, except the basic Mag one. But the advantages are tempting. So I run around ugly, and end up not playing Mag at all.

I've liked this every time it's been suggested, but I'm surprised that loki swindle is used an example of something we wouldn't want the stat change from--it's one of the best tradeoffs there is.

Range increase is good for teamplay in MDEF/DEF but i prefer the Power Efficiency