Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage - Tentacle Tickle Gun

.Talia.

What would be your ideal loadout? For pure theoretical damage, that is the best loadout. Tainted Shell would likely make it easier to use, allowing you to reach an optimal level of focus more often. Still doesn't change the fact that it is an incredibly powerful weapon.

Well, it's not easy to reply due to armor 2.0, we have to face now different factions and change combos according to that, but the following is the loadout I'm trying to reach with Phage, so far it's just theoretical cause I'm still missing a Forma or 2...

Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blaze

Incendiary Coat

Charged Shell

Toxic Barrage

Contagious Spread

Accelerated Blast/Vicious Spread/Tainted Shell

I'm still very unsure about the last mod, even if they're almost opposite.

Anyway yes, we can discuss about a mod or two, but still this Phage is a true beast and very funny to use. And damn cool looking. And fire mechanic is new, which is a good point. Jesus, DE made a great work with U12 new weapons.

Edited by siralextraffo

Surely you should replace magnetic for radiation instead, because as you say, why worry about the shields if you are using toxin :3

Well i never said it was the best loud out possible, i showed because the other dude asked, its just what i like to use on my phage. I'm certain that with little bit of thinking you can squeeze much more damage out of it.

Well, it's not easy to reply due to armor 2.0, we have to face now different factions and change combos according to that, but the following is the loadout I'm trying to reach with Phage, so far it's just theoretical cause I'm still missing a Forma or 2...

Point Blank

Hell's Chamber

Blaze

Incendiary Coat

Charged Shell

Toxic Barrage

Contagious Spread

Accelerated Blast/Vicious Spread/Tainted Shell

I'm still very unsure about the last mod, even if they're almost opposite.

Anyway yes, we can discuss about a mod or two, but still this Phage is a true beast and very funny to use. And damn cool looking. And fire mechanic is new, which is a good point. Jesus, DE made a great work with U12 new weapons.

Are you sure about Tainted Shell siralextraffo? I'm not using on mine, and don't feel like i need. I think you are better off with a damage mod.

Are you sure about Tainted Shell siralextraffo? I'm not using on mine, and don't feel like i need. I think you are better off with a damage mod.

That's the point man, I'm not sure at all :P

I think I'll try it to test how much the spread is reduced: if with a maxed Tainted Shell the beams are almost unified it may be worth it!

Also, with low level enemies or large groups sometimes it's good not to close the beams.

Vicious Spread on the other side will raise up a lot the damage, but will really force you to close every shot; speaking of Accelerated Blast I have still to understand how in the end would affect the weapon...

As far as i know there is no way to make the tentacles close faster, i tried increasing fire rate but it makes no difference, just seem to increase DPS.

It would use ammo faster while the beam is still unfocused, and giving questionable burst DPS increase; Fire-rate would be no where near as effective a DPS increase for Phage as it would be for Synapse.

As is, it would only be a DPS increase if you're able to stay on target for awhile or using it non-stop as a room cleaner. I would prefer if fire-rate increased the speed of beam focus because otherwise it could be unwise to use accelerated blast.

Edited by LazyKnight

does volts shield make the weapon pinpoint accurate?, in exactly the same way as the ignis becomes a 100% accurate "laser" on the shield and numerous other inaccurate weapons.

i know the ignis and other weapons seem to strike the shield and the shots kind of visually vanish but they do in fact become sniper perfect accurate, i used to do this with my heavy cal setup flux rifle in dmg1.0 when it was worth using.

I like it, but the tentacles are a bit wonky imo, they always snake the same way and they synchronize when spread, (move some rng from the drop tables to the beam animation kthx) and the tips of the gun doesn't line up with the angle of the tentacles that well, gun closes a lot faster than the beams, and as far as I can tell, it's completely soundless? Also a bit weird that you can close it by aiming down sights, and it stays closed when you stop looking down sights and keep firing.

Would also be nice if the tips of the gun moved in tandem with the beams waving, would make more sense.

Edited by KriLL3

I love my ticklemonster.

The only request I'd have for it is that there be come sort of indication it's hitting stuff, like sparks where they make contact with enemies.  As it stands, it just feels like I gently caress things in front of me and they just fall over when they decide they've had enough fun.

is crit build good?

Phage has 10% crit chance that can become 19% with maxed Blunderbuss, but it has 7 pellets as well, 15,4 with a maxed Hell's Chamber.

Theoretically this means that at least a few beams will deal crit damage each shot(not really good at math actually), but my knowledge stops here, I can't really compare a crit build to a non crit one in terms of raw numbers...

This has to be one of my new favorite weapons. It's like a straight upgrade verses the Ignis. Yeah it has less ammo, but it actually hurts enemies. Also, I can pretend to be a Ghostbuster in-game now!

It may have less ammo, but the efficency is much higer!

Edited by siralextraffo