Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Blunt Weapon Ragdoll Fun Again

VegetableBasket

A recent change to blunt melee weapons made them ragdoll on charge attacks. When I saw this I immediately got excited, remembering the great memories I had of laughing like a maniac using the fragor to kill almost every enemy, just to watch them fly away. But the changes didn't bring this joy back. Instead we got this:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzJafaiflM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzJafaiflM

This, to me, feels more like hitting enemies with a tranquilizer gun than smacking them with a mega space hammer. I haven't had the chance to use the Jat yet, but I am assuming it is in line with the Fragor, which currently makes enemies go limp rather than sending them a good few feet like it used to. Here's a video of how blunt weapons should behave, in my opinion, as this made them very very fun to use. Remember, this is a game and all, it's supposed to be fun. Some weapons should create laughter and feelings of badassness. I will go back to the fragor if this can be done:

video: 

YouTube, arguably the most toxic and argumentative community on the face of the earth, has this to say about the above video:

6PI0N.png

I really believe for the purpose of creating compelling entertainment, that blunt weapons should be reverted to their old behavior, not only because they create fun experiences, but even realistically and animation wise, the flying enemies look better. Feel free to contest that point, but what it comes down to creating a game that can be thoroughly enjoyed. What do you guys think? Edited by VegetableBasket

It's good to see that this issue was simply a side effect to reprogramming things. That means they will want to restore the action. Perhaps having an isolated animation that launches them and THEN activates ragdoll? Similar to Soul Punch?

Wait, if they can move enemies BEFORE ragdolling them, then why the F does Pull fling them across the map?

Wait, if they can move enemies BEFORE ragdolling them, then why the F does Pull fling them across the map?

I'm not the best resource in programming knowledge. I honestly have no idea how Soul Punch and Pull can launch ragdolls...but whatever it is, it needs to apply to blunt weapons. And since it's clear that Geoff is with us and having trouble with it, I think it's something that isn't as simple as pressing a few buttons.

I'm not too sure that would be a good idea - if weapon like Jat Kittag would ragdoll live enemies across the room, they would be sorta overpowered.

The reason why the Bo was allowed to do this (before they changed it) was because it dealt craptacular damage.

If you have a few select weapons that both do high damage and ragdoll live enemies, they'd be a cut above every other melee weapon in the game.

I'd settle with them sending enemies flying on deathblows only.

I'd settle with them sending enemies flying on deathblows only.

That's the way I'd want it. Pre-Damage 2.0, I absolutely hated the Kogake because of this - hitting knocked down enemies with melee attacks is an exercise in frustration. The Amphis, on the other hand, was glorious. Corpses flying everywhere and those that didn't die immediately were still stood up waiting for a second hit.