Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

The theme of the frame goes well with Warframe. Not only is it anti-paladin (Oberon) but it is viral (A type of damage that can be made via Damage 2.0). The frame looks amazing, and the ideas are well thought out. The name, Typhus, even matches with it's abilities if you read the spoiler that had information on the disease.

Well thought out, creative, innovative, etc.

In my opinion, much better ideas than the Zephyr. Zephyr was vanilla. They use elements, so air. What has to do with air? Flying, Tornados.

This, however, is amazingly detailed and thought out. I can tell you put some real effort into this and I sincerely hope your efforts weren't wasted and we might see this U13.

I would farm oxium like crazy for this frame.

Nice work.

The design seems very, i don't now... refined, even dignified? certainly not what I'd expect of an insane murderous leeching frame. I'd like to see ragged clothing and insect limbs, a disturbed and desperate look rather than a knight in a coat. That's just my opinion though the artwork however is far above my skill level hahaha

The design seems very, i don't now... refined, even dignified? certainly not what I'd expect of an insane murderous leeching frame. I'd like to see ragged clothing and insect limbs, a disturbed and desperate look rather than a knight in a coat. That's just my opinion though the artwork however is far above my skill level hahaha

It does look a little knightly indeed but too refined?

All insects have a refined design to their body and the devs have already stated no physical cloths on warframe designs it's an exo suit plus looks are always deceiving I mean come on mag looks friendly until she crushes your bones.

As to the insect appendages, you should check out canibalize armor son.

So you basically took two of my ideas and added one little thing to make it different? Sir, brilliant, slow-clap, to you sir, thumbs up for originality.

Yea. It's called a slight tweak, that's the point. Also, you didn't think of it and it's better than your 2 original ideas.

Your help is likely greatly appreciated, and it's cool that you're trying to help. But it seems to me like you're going a little over-board trying to get credit for two powers that you've combined and changed one minor thing for.

Suggesting a power is okay. Combining two together is cool, but you may want to tone it down when it comes to trying to get credit for your ideas.

I do see your point and that is not my intention. The fact that the creator has them as 2 separate ideas and never listed the combination himself, whether he had it or not, the combining (just the combining) of the abilities w/ the changes is, in fact, my idea. What's wrong with giving credit where it's due if he were to use it? Not that he will. He's the originator but not the innovator. It's not like I copied and pasted the whole idea into a new thread and claimed it as my own. I had an idea modification based off his concept that he didn't seem to see (maybe). And if he did decide to use my idea, the forum is time/date stamped and will reflect that it was my idea and based off of his. My intention was to help by bringing to light a change that wasn't seen (maybe). I don't see the harm.

Plus it goes very well w/ his idea of the armor being connected by hooks and so on. There really is no need to be such pricks about it, it's not like there's money involved and I was asking for a large piece for doing nothing. Lighten up, it's a video game.

Edited by Letter13
Let's not call people names, yeah?

Yea. It's called a slight tweak, that's the point. Also, you didn't think of it and it's better than your 2 original ideas.

Blabber blabber, blah blah, whine whine

Just...stop...now...

Here's a peace of friendly advice: leave now while you're ahead. Just leave, nobody likes you anymore.

I do see your point and that is not my intention. The fact that the creator has them as 2 separate ideas and never listed the combination himself, whether he had it or not, the combining (just the combining) of the abilities w/ the changes is, in fact, my idea.

The act of combining the two things is your idea, however that does not make the final product can be credited solely to you... because of this you basically have to give credit to whoever came up with the individual components you are combining to create a final product. In fact, you should also ask for permission from the creator(s) of the ideas you're using in your combination before going off and saying that the combination is your idea (the not asking for permission seems to me where this whole falling out occurred).

What you're doing is taking two things that you did not make and then suggesting that they be combined. Basically you're creating a Combination Invention, wherein the combination itself is something you can take credit for, but the act of combining two specific things is where your credit begins and ends, and it's also incredibly limited...

For example, if I took an iPhone and hooked it up to a TV with a cable or system I designed to play back movies or whatever, I cannot take credit for the final product (iPhone, TV and cable/system to connect them). I can only take credit for designing the cable/system that connects them, and even then I have to get permission from the companies that made both the iPhone and the TV in order to sell my idea/invention.

great job with the syndanna. i really like the repose helmet. the only thing i would change would be boiling blood. i would've made it so that the enemy's blood would boil. (kind of like Sayrn's miasma) great job. would buy with plat instantly. (as long as is costs less than 275 ;)

The act of combining the two things is your idea, however that does not make the final product can be credited solely to you... because of this you basically have to give credit to whoever came up with the individual components you are combining to create a final product. In fact, you should also ask for permission from the creator(s) of the ideas you're using in your combination before going off and saying that the combination is your idea (the not asking for permission seems to me where this whole falling out occurred).

What you're doing is taking two things that you did not make and then suggesting that they be combined. Basically you're creating a Combination Invention, wherein the combination itself is something you can take credit for, but the act of combining two specific things is where your credit begins and ends, and it's also incredibly limited...

For example, if I took an iPhone and hooked it up to a TV with a cable or system I designed to play back movies or whatever, I cannot take credit for the final product (iPhone, TV and cable/system to connect them). I can only take credit for designing the cable/system that connects them, and even then I have to get permission from the companies that made both the iPhone and the TV in order to sell my idea/invention.

That's all I wanted (and this is all based off whether or not it is actually used). Honorable mention for the combination, nothing else. Of course the originator gets full credit, he did the work and its awesome to boot! I would definitely give honorable mention to someone who could give me a better idea for a concept of my own, even if it was the same as what I did hear and I have. What's right is right, that's all. And as a moderator, please make sure this concept gets seen by DE, heavily. It's gross and savage and completely worthwhile for DE to implement it :D Thanks!

Really? You're telling me this looks like Ash's mandibles? warframe___locust_2_0_sample_by_redskitt

I can see where someone would say that Ash's mandibles are similar, but in truth they look more like small tusks of a baby elephant. These are actual mandibles, with actual teeth/fangs, not markings. My question would be if you'd be able to see the mouth and teeth of the actual person inside the frame, as shown, all the time or is that just an illustration to show the innards a little bit? Either way, it is sick!

You know, this is so incredibly awesome... I just don't know what to say anymore.

I can already tell this would be my new favorite frame. The design, the powers, the theme itself...

Totally my thing.

Though I liked the other helmet better.

the_locust_2_by_mrrumbles-d6cdhf1.jpg

Wow. Those mandibles are insane! Kinda looks like what would be the prime version of this frame. Theres an interesting notion? how would this frame look gilded? Could it even be done? What would be changed to gold to make this a prime? Maybe give the teeth gold caps? 

That's all I wanted (and this is all based off whether or not it is actually used). Honorable mention for the combination, nothing else. Of course the originator gets full credit, he did the work and its awesome to boot! I would definitely give honorable mention to someone who could give me a better idea for a concept of my own, even if it was the same as what I did hear and I have.

Sounds reasonable enough.

And as a moderator, please make sure this concept gets seen by DE, heavily.

I don't really have any control over what user-created content passes by the Devs' desks. It's not really what we do either. We're more of assistants to forum staff (Rebecca, Megan, Drew, etc), here to keep things civil.

Sounds reasonable enough.

I don't really have any control over what user-created content passes by the Devs' desks. It's not really what we do either. We're more of assistants to forum staff (Rebecca, Megan, Drew, etc), here to keep things civil.

But you do talk to them, personally, right? Wink wink, nudge nudge :D

Pardon my resilience and I know you hate me, but I am going to try this again and I know you are set in your abilities for this frame... but have you ever considered a power like what some wasps do to spiders? How they attack them but don't kill'em, but subdue them, plant their eggs and use the spiders in a similar way to the aliens from Aliens, using them as hosts? This would all have to be done in a quick sequence to work in Warframe but could be really cool. 

Also, the "meat shield" power is probably one of the coolest things I have seen as an idea for this game, but yet so simple a move too, this definitely should make into the actual line-up. I don't know how it could be effected by mods/leveling, but I'm sure you have an idea. My only, one change, would be to call it, "En-sinew-ate." Since you are grabbing the target with a bunch of tendrils. Dashes included or not (I just did that to highlight the sinew part). Something like "Envelop" just seems too plain.