The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

But anyways, what do you think DE whuold do if they put him in?, change his powers, his lore or change his looks?, also I can't remaber, someone will have to point it out, but when did DE say they are going to add a fan-art warframe? 

They newer did. But on Devstream #43 they mentioned about putting a frame with a favorite THEME.

About my own two cents about Typhus as a something that could be considered worthy of being in the game. I'm trying to not have high hopes. Meanly because the more we hope the bigger disappointment if they change something influential to the concept.

Did you remember Zephyr concept ? Male bird with a "toga". Completely different from in game Zephyr.

The worst worst Typhus could be added as a sentinel.

The only things that will stay as the original concepts where the weapon designs/skins.

Edited by Cracken

They newer did. But on Devstream #43 they mentioned about putting a frame with a favorite THEME.

About my own two cents about Typhus as a something that could be considered worthy of being in the game. I'm trying to not have high hopes. Meanly because the more we hope the bigger disappointment if they change something influential to the concept.

Did you remember Zephyr concept ? Male bird with a "toga". Completely different from in game Zephyr.

The only things that will stay as the original concepts where the weapon designs/skins.

Ohhh I see, ok..now I understand oh dear.

and no I did not kown Zephyr was an fan concept, as I hate her, shes useless and ugly as hell.

but wow, I did't kown that.

but yeah, I hope they add him as hole and not just theme, what ever that means.

but yeah, guess we'll see in the next Dev-stream and next update, when ever they will be

here is the original post of Zephyr warframe concept https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/121272-warframe-concept-zephyr-the-wind-elemental-artwork-included-resolved/

for the record - I had my own Concept - but i"m not a writer or artist - all i did was describe his genesis and put his skills. The Fallen was his name and he is a "robotic" warfame - one of  the responses was that he is resembling Megaman ;p (one of his skills was an arm cannon and  a screen shot of canceled game - Maveric hunters)

Edited by Cracken

If he became a sentinel I would cry.

Of laughter.

Nothing to talk about. Every once in a while the thread goes quite. It usually takes a new person coming in and saying something or Red posting something to kick start it again.

or new concept art or funart.

but since i'm here - the mentioned "favorite theme" warframe. what do you think - when will he be released ? my bet u18. 

and btw "favorite theme" means which one ? the "infested" theme ?

Well Typhus is technically a parasite leech, born from the mutalist virus. This is a new thing.

As for release, Its up to the team if he fits and what plan they have.

If they keep the samurai feel, they will likely build upon that. Somehow it feels like they will release another frame now like nature, time or posession.

They described Limbo as weird and really cool, I don't really think they hit the mark.

Depend greatly on what powers they use too.

Given the Baphomet vs Typhus art collabs, I am thinking of doing the same in my own way.

So I thought I could share how the two currently look untextured and still not 100% done, and let you guys say how you think they look together.

The scene I am thinking of is some kind of faceoff/duell. Not sure about any backstory beyond that yet.

baphomet_and_typhus_by_gaber111-d8doafc.

Given the Baphomet vs Typhus art collabs, I am thinking of doing the same in my own way.

So I thought I could share how the two currently look untextured and still not 100% done, and let you guys say how you think they look together.

The scene I am thinking of is some kind of faceoff/duell. Not sure about any backstory beyond that yet.

Awesome :D !

It might just be me or some weird deforming stuff but... I'd say Typhus is a bit too skynni (sorry if I mispelled that), at least for his arms...

But that's just my opinion, great work any way Arch.

It might just be me or some weird deforming stuff but... I'd say Typhus is a bit too skynni (sorry if I mispelled that), at least for his arms...

But that's just my opinion, great work any way Arch.

Typhus is actually very well proportioned compaired to other Frames.

just look at Oberon or Nekros... Typhus has nothing on their skinny arms and legs

Hey! im here for a possible art change! i think Typhus looks great all except the leg plates on the sides of his thighs. i see what you wanted to do and i think it could have been executed differently while keeping the same look but give it a bit more samurai-ish silhouette. put some puffier parts on the legs to make it look more like a samurai, of course dont go overboard because then it will loose the insect like look. something to just complete the leg a little more.

picture reference:

SamuraiWalkingBig.jpg

Typhus is actually very well proportioned compaired to other Frames.

just look at Oberon or Nekros... Typhus has nothing on their skinny arms and legs

Maybe it wasn't clear, I meant it about the 3D model we have... I don't know how to say it... Maybe the arms... Or the base of the torso....

Maybe that's just I was imagining him with a bit more muscles...

And as I said, that's Arch's work, untill we see it completed we can only assume things. So... I'll wait for the txtured versions before saying anything more about my feeling on this model.

Edited by Cyriann

Hey! im here for a possible art change! i think Typhus looks great all except the leg plates on the sides of his thighs. i see what you wanted to do and i think it could have been executed differently while keeping the same look but give it a bit more samurai-ish silhouette. put some puffier parts on the legs to make it look more like a samurai, of course dont go overboard because then it will loose the insect like look. something to just complete the leg a little more.

picture reference:

SamuraiWalkingBig.jpg

If you are referring to the OP, it's pretty much done. Several iterations abd alt designs are found in these pages.

a>

The design in the OP.

As for me, I am interpreting Redskittlez work. For that reason is is still subject to change.

To be clear though, I think it looks finished so my first priority is to be as true to the art as I can be.

This is a homage to this thread and I want to get it right of course :)

@ the model proportions. This is still under evaluation since something posed and in motion looks 10 times different than a still.

That's actually why I am pestering you all with my renders, so thank you for commenting!

At this point it's a bit like the doubters vs the believers. There are loud voices for pro Typhus and no Typhus.

If DE release him as a fanframe they will surprise me, I do hope that they take their time and make a Quest of it.

Yea I agree with you on that. I personally would like something that sorta dives in to a bit of back storry about the frame like Limbos did talking about a holy knight or a elite body guard of some high up and he did his job till the very end.