Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Edit: we do have Valkyr who has clearly been stripped of a lot of her armor (If the scaly bits on her default helmet are any indicator) and has had extensive modifications done to her by the corpus, so the idea that a warframe could safely lose the outer layer of his (her) armor isn't actually all that farfetched.

ha even though Valkyr probably has stripped armor and still a collar on her neck, she has the highest armor out of all the warframes but probably lowest shields.

did you know that?

Edited by Hunter126

ha even though Valkyr probably has stripped armor and still a collar on her neck, she has the highest armor out of all the warframes but probably lowest shields.

did you know that?

You could handwave that as the Armor being representative of her high pain tolerance, being flayed kind of makes everything seems a lot less painful in comparison.

You could handwave that as the Armor being representative of her high pain tolerance, being flayed kind of makes everything seems a lot less painful in comparison.

i guess the pain made her resist enough to have high armor but the thing is that her armor is really high, i thought she'd have lower amount of armor from resistance.

Rhino- has 190 armor

Frost- has 190 armor

Valkyr- has 600 armor

i guess the pain made her resist enough to have high armor but the thing is that her armor is really high, i thought she'd have lower amount of armor from resistance.

Rhino- has 190 armor

Frost- has 190 armor

Valkyr- has 600 armor

she?

it's technically not derailing due to the fact we are discussing the removal of overlay on a warframe. They were just discussing the fact of how/why she would have so much armor minus said overlay. The fact is that it could and would pertain to typhus in the same manor of speaking.

I know Red is currently taking a break, but i still want to post this.

This has been on my mind for some time now, and i need to ask: How would Typhus work as a frame alone?

What i mean by this is that, from my understanding (I could be wrong) each Warframe is just one of many frames with different users. As such, there isn't just ONE Excalibur. THere are many Excaliburs with different users. And that's why i ask this. If we look at Typhus as just a frame, how would it work with a new user? And maybe even, how would it work with a newly awoken Tenno, that has never used a Warframe? This is of course, just a question of curiosity and speculation.

Edited by AronDragonblood

This has been on my mind for some time now, and i need to ask: How would Typhus work as a frame alone?

What i mean by this is that, from my understanding (I could be wrong) each Warframe is just one of many frames with different users. As such, there isn't just ONE Excalibur. THere are many Excaliburs with different users. And that's why i ask this. If we look at Typhus as just a frame, how would it work with a new user? And maybe even, how would it work with a newly awoken Tenno, that has never used a Warframe? This is of course, just a question of curiosity and speculation.

Also, how would they go about producing more Typhus frames?

since it is a parasite it would just bond with the user, just like any other Frame would bond with its user. 

I've been thinking of new warframes myself, and this is actually really similar to a pair of warframes I had in mind, though I never thought of combining them. XD I love it! The art is awesome, and I hope that this gets made into a playable warframe. I would love to use it!

Well, we know most warframe abilities are actually caused by mutations caused by exposure to the void and that warframes serve as a way of containing and directing these abilities (as stated in the Excalibur codex entry). It's not too far-fetched to believe that the void could hypothetically have the same effect on parasitic organisms like Hookworms.  The idea that some form of alien parasite was exposed to the void alongside it's host and they both mutated into the mutual state they're in today isn't that ridiculous.

Edited by Basilisk1991

Imagine a retro-virus that adapts to its situation. The technocyte virus may have had a mutation strain along the way to cause a parasitic technocyte which then mutates itself into the abilities that you see here. Once it finds a suitable host (a warframe for instance) it modifies its genetic dna to bond with said item.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*deep breath*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

typhus is back to looking like his good old bad &#! (sexy) self again