Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

This is one of the most amazing frames I have every seen. I have never been truly excited about a frame, but if it is implemented, it will be the first frame that I am truly excited about. The latest additions (Hydroid, Mirage, etc.) all lacked that amazing factor that I wanted, but your idea is better than all the other frame I have seen. You did great with this, I hope DE hires you or at least puts this in and keeps you as a source for Frame ideas because you have a talent in making this.

get dragon and typhus to have a baby +1

yeah how about no. two completely different themes and types and both fanbases would riot. 

plus Typhus > Dragon anyway so yeah

obviously a joke :P

well half joke

Edited by Senketsu_

100 pages

1052 up-votes

131 followers

Yeah... Typhus is the next one to get in. And DE, I know you might want to eventually change this to fit the theme of warframe but the reason it's this popular is precisely because it's the way it is.

Here's to another hundred pages and up-votes

Are you trying to start a flame war?

yeah how about no. two completely different themes and types and both fanbases would riot. 

plus Typhus > Dragon anyway so yeah

obviously a joke :P

well half joke

its k i have asbestos underware

in all seriousness both concepts are great :D either of them getting into the game would be awesome

I really like this idea, I especially like the way how you have gone int so much detail about his origins, like how his name is derived from Greek. 

Here is just one idea I had for one of his abilities

Infect

Typhus would approach an unalerted enemy, when he is withing range of a stealth attack, instead of stealth attacking Typhus grabs the enemy's head and places a parasitic worm down their neck, after about 3 seconds, the parasitic worm bursts out of the enemy's stomach.

Unranked, it would deal about 40-60 damage.

So what do you think, to gruesome? Just right?

To be honest, I read this back when it came out and hated the idea. Now I re-read it and i like the idea of this. I just don't think this Warframe NEEDS to be in WARFRAME. Its like a horror game character. DE really shouldn't implement this into Warframe unless they can pull off a really dark and creepy side of Warframe that Typhus fits in. I believe this should be an idea on the long list of better Warframe ideas, that could actually be implemented in the game. Just it needs to be towards the bottom, so once they run out of ideas they can add a twisted interesting side story to Warframe.

Edited by OuTlAwTACO229

To be honest, I read this back when it came out and hated the idea. Now I re-read it and i like the idea of this. I just don't think this Warframe NEEDS to be in WARFRAME. Its like a horror game character. DE really shouldn't implement this into Warframe unless they can pull off a really dark and creepy side of Warframe that Typhus fits in. I believe this should be an idea on the long list of better Warframe ideas, that could actually be implemented in the game. Just it needs to be towards the bottom, so once they run out of ideas they can add a twisted interesting side story to Warframe.

thats what you think but that might make Typhus way more unique, it does sound like horror but there's alot of frames with evil like powers and since DE would allow gore, because if you look at him, he was supposed to be a samurai, don't know if I'm wrong but that's just what i think.

thats what you think but that might make Typhus way more unique, it does sound like horror but there's alot of frames with evil like powers and since DE would allow gore, because if you look at him, he was supposed to be a samurai, don't know if I'm wrong but that's just what i think.

lol past tense. WAS. Then he kinda went a little crazy with the idea xD

Warframe is actually a dark universe, if you consider Mirage's recent lore of Lotus telling us how Mirage was tearing the heads off of Sentients and laughing about it, that seems quite psychotic for a Tenno. Or consider Nekros's powers in the universe itself, aside from mechanics, he summons the spirits of the dead and cause fear in his enemies. Or consider how every move is violent as we Tenno tear apart enemies with our blades and powers with body parts just flying everywhere. However we the players do not feel that yet because of the game mechanics' development and lack of a system to deliver us immerse lore. That of course will not be the case from now on with update 14 and the developing quest system, I'd imagine the game will only become darker and/or more intense from now on. With this being said, if you considering the Warframe's universe from the lore aspect and not the game mechanics as a video game, Typhus would fit right in with the violence and darkness.

Also, to be fair, none of us can speak on behalf of DE. They themselves said in a recent live stream that they have more ideas than they have the ability to make them as quickly as they come up with them. I have to  respectfully disagree with you that DE will ever simply run out of ideas for Warframe, it is disrespectful to their work and to mine to suggest that Typhus would be at the  bottom.

If you consider this link http://youtu.be/0RExSsnmk6g?t=33m30s It shows Steve enjoying my Typhus concept. If DE likes it themselves surely it can not be that bad as you say.

I.Want.To.Play.Typhus.

We.Want.To.Play.Typhus...

Steve.Wants.To.Play.Typhus!

If they don't make him into the game after 100 pages of compliments & people begging to enjoy him with the closest model he could get, I seriously won't know if they really pay attention to community frames anymore. (besides Zephyr who got changed,and Mirage probably)

Warframe is actually a dark universe, if you consider Mirage's recent lore of Lotus telling us how Mirage was tearing the heads off of Sentients and laughing about it, that seems quite psychotic for a Tenno. Or consider Nekros's powers in the universe itself, aside from mechanics, he summons the spirits of the dead and cause fear in his enemies. Or consider how every move is violent as we Tenno tear apart enemies with our blades and powers with body parts just flying everywhere. However we the players do not feel that yet because of the game mechanics' development and lack of a system to deliver us immerse lore. That of course will not be the case from now on with update 14 and the developing quest system, I'd imagine the game will only become darker and/or more intense from now on. With this being said, if you considering the Warframe's universe from the lore aspect and not the game mechanics as a video game, Typhus would fit right in with the violence and darkness.

Also, to be fair, none of us can speak on behalf of DE. They themselves said in a recent live stream that they have more ideas than they have the ability to make them as quickly as they come up with them. I have to  respectfully disagree with you that DE will ever simply run out of ideas for Warframe, it is disrespectful to their work and to mine to suggest that Typhus would be at the  bottom.

If you consider this link http://youtu.be/0RExSsnmk6g?t=33m30s It shows Steve enjoying my Typhus concept. If DE likes it themselves surely it can not be that bad as you say.

You gotta think though. I guarantee Warframe is gonna be around for at least 5-6 years. AT LEAST. So say we get around 4-5 Warframes a year. They will eventually run out of ideas. Thats when the community comes into play and Typhus gets picked. Like i said before. I do like the idea of Typhus, i just don't think it belongs in Warframe. 

You gotta think though. I guarantee Warframe is gonna be around for at least 5-6 years. AT LEAST. So say we get around 4-5 Warframes a year. They will eventually run out of ideas. Thats when the community comes into play and Typhus gets picked. Like i said before. I do like the idea of Typhus, i just don't think it belongs in Warframe. 

and thats where our opinion differ. A majority of the people do like Typhus and think he fits into the game. I myself fail to see why you dont think he fit into Warframe. Because upon close inspection of the OP the lore, the powers, the look, the feel. All fit perfectly into the known and new lore Warframe has given us.  

You do realize this is a concept, right? If DE decides to implement Typhus, they will use these ideas as a template for making the final product.

There is no point in shooting down ideas in this manner before the actual implementation has even been attempted.

You do realize this is a concept, right? If DE decides to implement Typhus, they will use these ideas as a template for making the final product.

There is no point in shooting down ideas in this manner before the actual implementation has even been attempted.

Do you not hear what i said? I said I LIKE THE IDEA. IN MY OPINION I don't think he belongs in Warframe. Sorry i have a different mindset than you but you don't have to act like I'm a bad person just cuz i don't think this should be in the game. My opinion differs from you.

Edited by OuTlAwTACO229