Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Do you not hear what i said? I said I LIKE THE IDEA. IN MY OPINION I don't think he belongs in Warframe. Sorry i have a different mindset than you but you don't have to act like I'm a bad person just cuz i don't think this should be in the game. My opinion differs from you.

So does your opinion speak for DE?

Look... I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude but that is not how constructive criticism works. You don't just go out and say it does not belong in warframe. At least give an example as to why? Give evidence. Too gory does not make your opinion right if its on a game like warframe that is rated M for mature with the tag labeling "BLOOD, GORE, AND VIOLENCE." I understand everyone has the right to their opinions but I have the right to disagree with said opinion.

I mean really saying it does not belong into warframe. We have a tentacled NINJA PIRATE warframe that magically turns into a puddle of water, a psychotic harlequin warframe that throws a disco ball that shoots frieking laser beams out of it, a flatulent warframe that melts peoples faces off or a warframe that raises the dead but granted they are shadows of them, its still a little messed up. There are many variations of Tenno out there with unique powers and some are even silly. Looking at these examples you say my idea is farfetched, eh?

Edited by RedSkittlez

So does your opinion speak for DE?

Look... I'm sorry if I sound a bit rude but that is not how constructive criticism works. You don't just go out and say it does not belong in warframe. At least give an example as to why? Give evidence. Too gory does not make your opinion right if its on a game like warframe that is rated M for mature with the tag labeling "BLOOD, GORE, AND VIOLENCE." I understand everyone has the right to their opinions but I have the right to disagree with said opinion.

I mean really saying it does not belong into warframe. We have a tentacled NINJA PIRATE warframe that magically turns into a puddle of water, a psychotic harlequin warframe that throws a disco ball that shoots frieking laser beams out of it, a flatulent warframe that melts peoples faces off or a warframe that raises the dead but granted they are shadows of them, its still a little messed up. There are many variations of Tenno out there with unique powers and some are even silly. Looking at these examples you say my idea is farfetched, eh?

Taco here has a point. Typhus does not belong in warframe. For DE to even put this in the game, they would have to make a whole dark, twisted and evil side of warframe. And yes, there are Warframes like Sayrn, Mirage, Hydroid and Nekros, but to have a warframe like this, it just doesn't fit. You say you want a reason why, yet, i still don't see, in any way, how you are supporting why Typhus SHOULD be in warframe. I close my statement.

Taco here has a point. Typhus does not belong in warframe. For DE to even put this in the game, they would have to make a whole dark, twisted and evil side of warframe. And yes, there are Warframes like Sayrn, Mirage, Hydroid and Nekros, but to have a warframe like this, it just doesn't fit. You say you want a reason why, yet, i still don't see, in any way, how you are supporting why Typhus SHOULD be in warframe. I close my statement.

The reason why, with the lore we currently have, his "dark" theme would fit right in. You contradicted yourself. you said we werent offering reason why he belongs yet gave you examples of other frame that have very dark themes that fit right in. From artwork, to powers, to lore. He fits in just as much as any other frame does. This game isnt my little pony, it VERY dark you just refuse to see it. Its a Ruking M rated game for Blood, Gore, and Violence, you cant come in here saying its to dark when you playing a game that has that.

Um... WHAT!?

How do you close a statement without event offering evidence as to why not?

On further note you clearly have not seen the Primetime 35 livestream with Steven Sinclair.

Even he says he wants to play as typhus and he fits perfectly into the game now.

Im sorry good sir but that is straight out of the horse's mouth.

Now that is how you close a statement!

Now please. Be kind and tell us why you really don't want him in warframe and as for gore have you looked at Valkyr's spine?

This is honestly silly...

And explain to me how Warframe, because of blood, gore and violence makes it dark.

See "The Profit" trailer, and come back.

And also the entirety of the new Infested ship tileset. And the infested in general.

Edited by Perral

Lets not forget all the gore we commit as we play tearing limbs, opening bowls, slicing people in half and being able to see their internals in perfect detail. I mean Valkyr has her dorsal flesh pealing open showing a her spine. Lephantis bears the flesh of others and wears their faces.

Sigh I feel we are seeing a pair trolls.

Valkkyr does? I dont think that her flesh, more like how Excalibur and Nyx both have the open part down their back to. But she is one of the ones with a very dark lore(witch Typhus's lore is also related to Alad V)

as do I, seeing as they have yet to produce Real facts that can support their clams, and whatever they do say they seem to be lacking a real understanding of the word dark.

Edited by Senketsu_

I feel warframe, allthough more humorous, can be compared with another endless dark war; Warhammer 40k.

Both feature warrior gods and monsters and gore. The only difference is the lack of Lore and the one-man army a Tenno can be.

All Tenno are demons rather than sweet angels, the evidence if this is everywhere. Everyone fear Tenno, even the allies in the Great War.

So yeah, warframe is indeed a dark world. Want Light sci-fi, I suggest Star Trek.

I'm going to point out that Tenno were made as weapons. The Orokin experimented on children sending them to the void to gain power. The Tenno were designed to tear maim and kill. Tenno were bred for warfare, they're assassins! They even betrayed their creators/masters. The Tenno are not heroes. They are soldiers, weapons even.  Warframe is not rainbows and sunshine my friends. What do you get when you take the frame out of warframe? WAR.

This is a dark and grim future! [if you know what I mean]

Edited by RedSkittlez

i cannot see any good reason why these guys are saying it doesn't belong from what iv read it seems like their just some jerks and trolls who just want to in some way deny other ppl stuff they would enjoy.

this is a brilliantly and very well done dare i say professional? and by far over my 14 years of playing video games i don't think i have seen this level of dedication and competence in something that only might be put in.

red is a artist and if u gave me the choice about adding this to warframe or another unknown warframe i would be emailing him right now and interviewing him for a job cuz this is a diamond refined by its owner to a shine and given to us by his own free will and generosity it deserves to be at least seriously considered if not added period(with all proper procedures followed ofc).

red you are a brilliant artist and i applaud your dedication to your work despite what some people would say its refreshing to see someone who is willing to put in the time and effort for something they love so much i salute u good sir.

First off; lol, I'm late to the party...

Second: Grab a nice pointy stick, or a sharp stick, and go to Venus. Mod it if you want. Hold your weapon switch key until your character pulls his/her sword out. Go slice up some dudes. Before the bodies disappear, observe the carnage.

There's no such thing as a "Civil" war. War is anger. War is Hatred. War is animalistic violence. War is the unbridled storm, waiting to tear apart the unsuspecting. There is no innocence in war, there's collateral damage. Does a bullet, gun, bomb, or sword care about the pain it causes? Of course not, they're weapons, built to maim others. Kinda like the Tenno, huh? Just weapons, built to maim and kill.

The Grineer are slavers, they roll into a system with no care for what or who's already there, and they take it by force. If they wore black trench-coats and wore red arm-bands everyone'd call them nazis. Hell, they already are, what with their eugenics and xenophobia. The Grineer have no care for who they crush underfoot, only that their empire expands.

The Corpus Actively kidnap and brainwash people into being mostly mindless drones, subservient to this idea of personal gain. They tear apart Orokin equipment, Tenno and Warframes included, all to turn a buck or two. They have no remorse, just listen to Frodh Bek, or Alad V, some even enjoy crushing others to ensure that they gain even the smallest chance of having MORE STUFF.

The Infested run rough-shod across the system, killing and consuming anthing and everything. They feel no sympathy. They feel no pity, they only seek to consume everythin and remake it in their own twisted image.

The Orokin kidnapped children and exposed them to void energy, not knowing what the consequences would be. They kept humanity on a tight, martial leash, and anything that threatened their order was quickly and mercilessly dealt with. The Orokin had no problems with brainwashing, and genetic manipulation, as long as their empire was stable, and the status quo was maintained.

The Tenno are a weapon, built to enforce some alien code of honour and balance that regular humans can't understand. But the Tenno don't actively kill humans, making them the pseudo good-guys. But it's clear that the Tenno enjoy what they do. Mirage laughed as she tore through her enemies, Rhino is pumped so full of adrenaline and god knows what else that he can't even form a complex thought, and Valkyr is so overcome with rage and hatred that the only vocalizations she can make are pained wails of anger. And hell, just look at some of the idle animations for the others. This really is all just a game to Loki, given the cavalier way he plays with his weapons while idle. Hydroid could be drenched in blood and draped with fresh gore, and he'd still have himself a good, hearty chuckle about it.

No, there is no civility or peace in the warframe universe. Even for the regular people who ahve to live in constant fear and stress that at an moment their lives could be snuffed out because someone wants a new rock, or a bit of pocket change, or a snack.

That is why Typhus fits Warframe. Because he represents everything that's wrong with the system, and revels in it.

Edit: And here's a bit of Fridge Horror for ya', 'cause who the hell needs sleep, amirite?

Tenno utilize "DNA Stabilizers" on their Kubrow. Pay attention to the Word "STABILIZER". That's right, if you don't love your Kubrow, it collapses into a pile of genetic sludge.

Yikes...

Edited by Teqnologyque

Second: Grab a nice pointy stick, or a sharp stick, and go to Venus. Mod it if you want. Hold your weapon switch key until your character pulls his/her sword out. Go slice up some dudes. Before the bodies disappear, observe the carnage.

There's no such thing as a "Civil" war. War is anger. War is Hatred. War is animalistic violence. War is the unbridled storm, waiting to tear apart the unsuspecting. There is no innocence in war, there's collateral damage. Does a bullet, gun, bomb, or sword care about the pain it causes? Of course not, they're weapons, built to maim others. Kinda like the Tenno, huh? Just weapons, built to maim and kill.

The Grineer are slavers, they roll into a system with no care for what or who's already there, and they take it by force. If they wore black trench-coats and wore red arm-bands everyone'd call them nazis. Hell, they already are, what with their eugenics and xenophobia. The Grineer have no care for who they crush underfoot, only that their empire expands.

The Corpus Actively kidnap and brainwash people into being mostly mindless drones, subservient to this idea of personal gain. They tear apart Orokin equipment, Tenno and Warframes included, all to turn a buck or two. They have no remorse, just listen to Frodh Bek, or Alad V, some even enjoy crushing others to ensure that they gain even the smallest chance of having MORE STUFF.

The Infested run rough-shod across the system, killing and consuming anthing and everything. They feel no sympathy. They feel no pity, they only seek to consume everythin and remake it in their own twisted image.

The Orokin kidnapped children and exposed them to void energy, not knowing what the consequences would be. They kept humanity on a tight, martial leash, and anything that threatened their order was quickly and mercilessly dealt with. The Orokin had no problems with brainwashing, and genetic manipulation, as long as their empire was stable, and the status quo was maintained.

The Tenno are a weapon, built to enforce some alien code of honour and balance that regular humans can't understand. But the Tenno don't actively kill humans, making them the pseudo good-guys. But it's clear that the Tenno enjoy what they do. Mirage laughed as she tore through her enemies, Rhino is pumped so full of adrenaline and god knows what else that he can't even form a complex thought, and Valkyr is so overcome with rage and hatred that the only vocalizations she can make are pained wails of anger. And hell, just look at some of the idle animations for the others. This really is all just a game to Loki, given the cavalier way he plays with his weapons while idle. Hydroid could be drenched in blood and draped with fresh gore, and he'd still have himself a good, hearty chuckle about it.

No, there is no civility or peace in the warframe universe. Even for the regular people who ahve to live in constant fear and stress that at an moment their lives could be snuffed out because someone wants a new rock, or a bit of pocket change, or a snack.

That is why Typhus fits Warframe. Because he represents everything that's wrong with the system, and revels in it.

Edit: And here's a bit of Fridge Horror for ya', 'cause who the hell needs sleep, amirite?

Tenno utilize "DNA Stabilizers" on their Kubrow. Pay attention to the Word "STABILIZER". That's right, if you don't love your Kubrow, it collapses into a pile of genetic sludge.

Yikes...

I agree with all of it, But I do feel, with U14 that there is a bit of a nobility and honor for the Tenno, they are killing machines, but have a code of honor that they follow, and have a nice serenity about there look and feel, yet still have the very dark and merciless backround. Like what the Lotus says in the first quest. "We honor our enemies, but we still strike them down" The Tenno Do have a Samurai(esqu) code of battle, witch is another reason why Typhus fits so well. 

Seriously people. We're STILL getting comments saying that Typhus is "too dark for warframe"? What the hell? That's like saying the lancer with two chainsaws would be too gory in a Gears of War game. Tenno are people molded into and trained to be killing machines. Only reason we're good is because (at the moment at least) is that we seem to be the ones fighting off the slaver Nazis (Grineer), corrupt corporate cult (Corpus) and packs of mutated rabid monstrosities(Infested) while helping whatever small resistances pop up. As for brutality... Blade Storm, World on Fire, and you know... THE AFTERMATH OF BASIC BLOODY MELEE COMBAT!!! I mean come on, we can accurately trace what's left of their intestinal tract before the body decomposes. Dark? Yes, the story is already dark and twisted. Typhus won't make it that way.

There's a reason the game is rated M people. 

Late night rant over.

Yikes...

You perfectly articulated how the Warframe universe is, in fact, grimdark (Did anyone else notice the similarities between the void and the Warp in WH40k, or the tyranids and infested for that matter?) . You deserve a round of applause for that.

icDAk.gif

Edited by Basilisk1991

A parasite-themed Warframe? Now that's something I would LOVE to see!

I'm also liking very much the possible addition of Viral damage to this guy. It could work really well with Infested weapons.

Excellent work on the designs, both mechanics and concept art *applause*. I might be pretty new to this game, but I seriously think DE should include it.

Edit: I don't think Typhus is too dark for the Warframe universe, either. Apart from the reasons already mentioned by other players, Warframes "represent" different aspects of life, death and natural laws. For example, Zephyr is tied to air, flight, flying animals... Typhus is tied to parasitic life. We humans don't like parasites much because they hurt us; other animals probably see them as a nuisance or a very real danger, but they're not explicity evil in themselves. Parasitic life, but natural life after all. I personally see this Warframe very thematically fitting for Infested weapons.

Edited by Necroledo

Hello my fellow tenno!  Thank you for your dedication and support for the Typhus project, but sadly every project has to come to an end.  I've finally settled on his final design, along with the weapons, skins and helmets that will go along with it.

This final update to the Typhus concept is just some reorganization of the original post as well as the inclusion of some fanart by others. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-final-update-fanart/?p=2060787 If you still have questions about Typhus, feel free to ask and I'd be happy to answer them as best as possible. Although the development of Typhus as a concept is finished, discussions regarding the frame can certainly continue.

But don't worry, I have a new project in mind:

THE COMMANDO WARFRAME.

Here's an early development image of her:

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d6czpug.png

PS: If you're wondering why I'm not working on Vulcanus, it because its a Clan-made warframe.

I'm not going to continue it without my Clan's input.

Thank you for your support!

wip_by_redskittlez_da-d75st6p.png

A thousand upvotes and a thousand Grineer slain!

Edited by RedSkittlez