Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Thank You For Finishing The Lanka

KittyDarkling

So, lets go down the list:

Charge time to long

Horrible Glow

Energy color doesn't work

Underpowered when compared to with other weapons

I'm sure some will argue on that last point, but in my book? I find it to be just as good if not better then the other sniper rifles.

So thank you DE for listening to everyone's feedback and making the Lanka the incredible weapon it is today!

(For anyone who didn't know U12 stealth fixed the glow and the energy color)

Cheers!

Wait.. huh? when did they remove the glow upon aiming?

So, lets go down the list:

Charge time to long

Horrible Glow

Energy color doesn't work

Underpowered when compared to with other weapons

I'm sure some will argue on that last point, but in my book? I find it to be just as good if not better then the other sniper rifles.

So thank you DE for listening to everyone's feedback and making the Lanka the incredible weapon it is today!

(For anyone who didn't know U12 stealth fixed the glow and the energy color)

Cheers!

I still think it could use a Damage type change.

Aren't Corpus weapons supposed to be good against other factions? Electricity is good against MOAs... that's all.

I think Radiation damage would un-rustle my jimmies... And maybe it could look like Railgun MOAs shot...? I mean it is a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

But I can still be happy it didn't become a Arcid and completely disappear from the "end-game weapons" list.

Cheers, Lanka users!

Electricity damage is fine.

__

The Lanka is quite a weapon with Heavy Caliber + Split Chamber.

All I would need is for SC to be 100% at maximum instead of 90, and I could take out 2 enemy columns full time. :D

Edited by MagnusFury

It gives a chance for a 3rd shot mate.

Moar DPS is better moar !

"I don't like this change! Now my Vectis has an 80% chance of only doing 2/3 of its maximum damage with nothing I can do to control it!"

- me

But really, the less RNG, the better. We've already got a critical hit system for those convenient random damage boosts. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

lanka is as good as it was, just out performed by powercreep of some recent changes. if u like lanka, there is not much to complain because it is the same weapon, but i do share the feeling of "y am i usinig this when something else is better". u know what i had 20k kills under lanka and 107% acuracy, maybe it was already enough good time with such a beauty. time to move on? maybe

It just makes me sad watching Sniper Crewmen unload into a single Elite Lancer with no avail. Alloy -%50 vs electricity. Base Radiation would help.

They can spread the Detron carriers around, if you pity them that much.

Base Electricity allows for many great combos compared to base Radiation.

It allows you to set up your Lanka for either of the 4 factions.

Base Radiation would limit you to Grineer and specific units of Corpus/Corrupted.

I prefer it all 'round like it is.

I still think it could use a Damage type change.

Aren't Corpus weapons supposed to be good against other factions? Electricity is good against MOAs... that's all.

I think Radiation damage would un-rustle my jimmies... And maybe it could look like Railgun MOAs shot...? I mean it is a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railgun

But I can still be happy it didn't become a Arcid and completely disappear from the "end-game weapons" list.

Cheers, Lanka users!

Electricity is just perfect for Corrosive, Radiation, Magnetic... What's not to like?

You know, personally I build my lanka Gas/electric. It's true that these damage types dont do as much damage to most factions, but I have such a high proc chance that that damage is then spread over this beautiful massive AOE from chained lightning and gas cloud procs! And those procs hit for at least 50% of my Lanka's total damage, which is enough to normally kill light units alone.

Also if I wanted I -do- have the option to hardcore mod it into any other faction (corrosive, magnetic, ect) so sufice to  say I'm more then happy with where the Lanka is at right now xD I hope it never goes changing on me!

They can spread the Detron carriers around, if you pity them that much.

Base Electricity allows for many great combos compared to base Radiation.

It allows you to set up your Lanka for either of the 4 factions.

Base Radiation would limit you to Grineer and specific units of Corpus/Corrupted.

I prefer it all 'round like it is.

I am aware how all-around electricity is, but I mean Lore-wise. Why would the Corpus produce a weapon that is only good vs themselves? Of course, this was the case pre-Damage 2.0 (and it REALLY bugged me), but they fixed that by making most Corpus weapons either Puncture or Slash based. Then again, I would be okay if DE made Electricity good against Alloy (Volt needs some love anyway), I mean, doesn't metal conduct electricity? I care too much about lore...

Plus, Lanka does enough damage that Radiation wouldn't make too much of a difference. Just add some Corrosive or Magnetic if you are having trouble with the other enemy types. If anything it'd make it MORE all-around. Corrosive + Radiation = Effective against Alloy, Ferrite, Infested Sinew and Infested Fossilized. Magnetic + Radiation = Effective against Shields(+Proto), Robotics, and Alloy again.

Edited by Actriaz